Interesting story

Status
Not open for further replies.

canceled.2021.1

#AMERICAISDEAD
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-they-have-to-get-rid-of-their-guns-or-leave/

Personally, I think that the apartment should be able to do this as I believe in freedom of association. But, then I also believe that they should be able to tell gays, blacks, whites, asians or anyone else they can't live there for any reason they want. I am consistent on my position.

However, given that we live in a world where NOBODY can be discriminated against he should probably sue their asses for violating his constitutional rights. Like I said, I don't think it is a valid case, but neither are the others so what the hell.

Actually, lots of people can be discriminated against for a whole lot of reasons. There are just a few reasons that are violations of statutory law (not the Constitution). So, like, unless and until gun owners are included among the protected classes under those statutory laws, gun owners have no claim.

supposedly, a rental agreement or lease relinquishes a controlling interest in the property to the individual renting or leasing the property. Therefore, the apartment manager or owner loses authority over anything possessed inside the building/apartment/home that isn't illegal. he should most definitely sue and as long as it's not a tyrannical or activist court/judge, they should win.

the blaze is likely lying about the facts in the case anyway.

go get a respectable source

Actually, lots of people can be discriminated against for a whole lot of reasons. There are just a few reasons that are violations of statutory law (not the Constitution). So, like, unless and until gun owners are included among the protected classes under those statutory laws, gun owners have no claim.

Constitutional rights should trump all statutory law.....

I didnt say he did oh dim witted one

Yea you did in a backhanded way....
and if this kind on rule were applied to some tenement housing Afr. Americans, you'd be having a shit fit....

How about a rule banning drug use or possession of drugs or move out .... ? That is actually against the law, while gun ownership is a Constitutional right.

the complex owner owns the property.

You lease it from them.

they have a right to say don't bring guns onto my property don't they?

do you think you can come onto my property with a gun when I have told you no guns on my property?

the complex owner owns the property.

You lease it from them.

they have a right to say don't bring guns onto my property don't they?
no, they do not. Leasing/renting transfers most property rights to the renter/leasee, making the renter the person with controlling interest. the only rights the actual owner then has would be to prohibit illegal items.

do you think you can come onto my property with a gun when I have told you not guns on my property?
false equivalency

I used to own apartments in Mass and I had NO rights to regulate what went on inside them. The ACLU should take up this case or a decent lawyer should help him pro-bono.

we shall see.

they have tons of complexes in the area when I looked them up.

I bet this is a reaction to Zimmy hunting down an child with a conceal and carry permit.

They likely talked to lawyers first

How many people would prefer a complex where they KNOW their neighbor is not carrying a gun around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back