Ign'ant Texas Tightie Rightie

zappasguitar

Oh. My. GOD.

Gov. Perry Unable to Find Vagina on Anatomical Doll

In a skirmish at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston about the state’s new ultra-restrictive abortion law, Democratic Senator Wendy Davis angrily told Texas Republican Governor Rick Perry he knows nothing about human reproduction or women’s vaginas.

“You don’t have to own an SUV to know where to pump the gas,” responded Perry, drawing immediate boos from the small lecture hall full of med students and from some of the media in attendance.

As the governor’s press handlers started to interrupt, Perry waved them off and stepped up to an anatomically-correct ‘female’ doll used in medical training that was laying on an examining table in the room.

“I’m not stupid. Those are the vagina right there,” said Perry, pointing at but not touching the labi majora, the visible protruding edges leading in to the vagina.

As CNN reported, the room went quiet for a very brief second before erupting in “loud, loud laughter and what-the-f’s.” Over the noise, Senator Davis could be heard repeating over and over, “Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?”

Perry has been heavily criticized by large numbers of Texans and other Americans for signing into law House Bill 2 which bans abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy and sets restrictive conditions that will shut down the vast majority of the state’s women’s health clinics that provide the service. The clinics that will remain in business are owned by United Surgical Partners, a company marketed by Perry’s sister, Milla Perry Jones, who is also a shareholder.

As reporters began shouting questions at Governor Perry, he and security team agents huddled around the medical-training doll with Chief of Staff Billy B. Adair seen talking quietly into Perry’s ear.

“Hell, I was close,” said Perry, shrugging to the crowd in the room as he was shuffled out of the room speaking back over his shoulder.

“It’s all about protecting unborn life not about where some gal’s body parts are. I knew it was there somewhere…” he could be heard saying as his voice trailed off into the hallway.

Senator Davis, who filibustered the first attempt to pass the abortion bill, said she couldn’t stop laughing because Perry’s comments were so “scary, scary stupid.”

“He just compared women’s bodies to his Chevy Suburban,” said Davis loudly over the buzz of talking in the room.

“Governor Perry couldn’t find a vagina today. Governor Perry couldn’t find a vagina even if you put a post-it note on it.”

http://thelapine.ca/gov-perry-unable-to-find-vagina-on-anatomical-doll/

Yes it is satire (and a very funny article). Sadly it looks like Zappa fell for it.

Not that funny coming from the guys who gave us "if it's rape, a woman's body has a way of shutting that whole thing down" and "gals just need to squeeze an aspirin between their knees to prevent pregnancy"!!

Oh. My. GOD.

Gov. Perry Unable to Find Vagina on Anatomical Doll

In a skirmish at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston about the state’s new ultra-restrictive abortion law, Democratic Senator Wendy Davis angrily told Texas Republican Governor Rick Perry he knows nothing about human reproduction or women’s vaginas.

“You don’t have to own an SUV to know where to pump the gas,” responded Perry, drawing immediate boos from the small lecture hall full of med students and from some of the media in attendance.

As the governor’s press handlers started to interrupt, Perry waved them off and stepped up to an anatomically-correct ‘female’ doll used in medical training that was laying on an examining table in the room.

“I’m not stupid. Those are the vagina right there,” said Perry, pointing at but not touching the labi majora, the visible protruding edges leading in to the vagina.

As CNN reported, the room went quiet for a very brief second before erupting in “loud, loud laughter and what-the-f’s.” Over the noise, Senator Davis could be heard repeating over and over, “Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me?”

Perry has been heavily criticized by large numbers of Texans and other Americans for signing into law House Bill 2 which bans abortion after 20 weeks of pregnancy and sets restrictive conditions that will shut down the vast majority of the state’s women’s health clinics that provide the service. The clinics that will remain in business are owned by United Surgical Partners, a company marketed by Perry’s sister, Milla Perry Jones, who is also a shareholder.

As reporters began shouting questions at Governor Perry, he and security team agents huddled around the medical-training doll with Chief of Staff Billy B. Adair seen talking quietly into Perry’s ear.

“Hell, I was close,” said Perry, shrugging to the crowd in the room as he was shuffled out of the room speaking back over his shoulder.

“It’s all about protecting unborn life not about where some gal’s body parts are. I knew it was there somewhere…” he could be heard saying as his voice trailed off into the hallway.

Senator Davis, who filibustered the first attempt to pass the abortion bill, said she couldn’t stop laughing because Perry’s comments were so “scary, scary stupid.”

“He just compared women’s bodies to his Chevy Suburban,” said Davis loudly over the buzz of talking in the room.

“Governor Perry couldn’t find a vagina today. Governor Perry couldn’t find a vagina even if you put a post-it note on it.”

http://thelapine.ca/gov-perry-unable-to-find-vagina-on-anatomical-doll/

Another dumbass liberal...

Yes it is satire (and a very funny article). Sadly it looks like Zappa fell for it.

Yes, I did damnit.

I am man enough to admit when I've been had and I got had BIGTIME this time.

Sorry everyone...Governor Perry is at least a little smarter than I gave him credit for.

Yes, I did damnit.

Sorry everyone...Governor Perry is at least a little smarter than I gave him credit for.

He's not that much smarter. The man is still an idiot.

Well, liberals are not that bright... so not surprising you would fall for it.

Please, you could mix this in with 10 other righty quotes about women and do one of those "which one did a Republican not say" thing, and anyone would be hard pressed to figure out the right answer.

It's okay, I thought it was real for a while too.

Nothing, absolutely nothing, crazy attributed to Perry would surprise me.

If I had not known what the source was, I too would have believed it. Not because I'm stupid, but because Rick Perry is a certified fucking nutcase.

Nothing, absolutely nothing

Yes, I did damnit.

well... we don't know that he can find a vagina, we just know this incident was satire...

It was so good! too bad it wasn't true.

Wait... conservatives don't live in a reality-based world, so do we have to?

Back