If you like your workweek you can keep it

They will simply declare that those were junky jobs anyway and newer better jobs are just around the corner.

Businesses and corps AND city/county/state govts have been doing this for a couple of decades. For many of the same reasons...healthcare and benefits. As healthcare costs rose, policies to move workers out of full-time positions exploded. There are also different levels of part-time positions based on it and these policies are based on state and federal guidelines for what must be provided to employees. So it certainly didnt emerge with this administration.

There are also different levels of part-time positions based on it and these policies are based on state and federal guidelines for what must be provided to employees. So it certainly didnt emerge with this administration.

But it did "emerge" from government, according to you...

But it did "emerge" from government, according to you...

Probably, since there are labor laws and guidelines that control number of hours, breaks, safety and benefit rules. But the reaction to those laws and guidelines are up to employers.

Probably, since there are labor laws and guidelines that control number of hours, breaks, safety and benefit rules. But the reaction to those laws and guidelines are up to employers.

Because there aren't any penalties for noncompliance with government regulations?

Because there aren't any penalties for noncompliance with government regulations?

THere are but there are also decisions that are strictly up to the company or govt agency, etc. Because they still have budgets and profit margins and have the autonomy to balance how they spend on those health care benefits. How they restructure, etc.

THere are but there are also decisions that are strictly up to the company or govt agency, etc. Because they still have budgets and profit margins and have the autonomy to balance how they spend on those health care benefits. How they restructure, etc.

Government agencies have profit margins?

They have budgets. Did you miss that in your (what somewhat resembles) reading?

I didn't miss a thing. Just clarifying.

Can you elaborate on the differences between government agencies and private enterprise vis–à–vis regulations and compliance?

Thanks.

I didn't miss a thing. Just clarifying.

Can you elaborate on the differences between government agencies and private enterprise vis–à–vis regulations and compliance?

Thanks.

No. If you have a specific question related to the OP, I'll consider answering it. If you want general information, look elsewhere.

No. If you have a specific question related to the OP, I'll consider answering it. If you want general information, look elsewhere.

So you can't explain the differences between public and private sector compliance requirements for employee benefits.

Good to know.

Back