If you believe in God, then you cannot believe in manmade global warm- Rush Limbaugh

Timshel

On your marks.... get set... word parse!

http://thecontributor.com/media-mat...hen-intellectually-you-cannot-believe-manmade

“What about God’s creation called a fetus?” Rush Limbaugh asked on his radio show Monday. “See, in my humble opinion, folks, if you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in manmade global warming.”

“You must be either agnostic or atheistic to believe that man controls something that he can’t create,” he continued. “The vanity! These people — on the one hand, ‘We’re no different than a mouse or a rat.’ If you listen to the animal rights activists, we are the pollutants of this planet. If it weren’t for humanity — the military environmentalist wackos — the Earth would be pristine and wonderful and beautiful, and nobody would see it. According to them we are not as entitled to life on this planet as other creatures because we destroy it. But how can we destroy it when we’re no different from the lowest life forms?”

“And then on the other end, ‘We are so powerful. And we are so impotent — omnipotent that we can destroy — we can’t even stop a rain shower, but we can destroy the climate.’ And how? With barbecue pits and automobiles, particularly SUVs. It’s absurd.”

That guy is such a dufus.

We've already destroyed waterways, habitats, forests, et al. - and we didn't "create" those. He'll say literally anything.

We don't create lots of things that we control and kill and destroy.

Awww, none of the conservatives are going to try to explain this away?

Rush is definitely on the way out.

What a silly argument. It's hard to believe he says that with a straight face. Is he really taking a swipe at religion? Humans definitely affect climate but it's just not at the catastrophic levels alarmists have claimed.

What a silly argument. It's hard to believe he says that with a straight face. Is he really taking a swipe at religion? Humans definitely affect climate but it's just not at the catastrophic levels alarmists have claimed.

????......actually, I believe that was the point he was trying to make.....

"we can’t even stop a rain shower, but we can destroy the climate? And how? With barbecue pits and automobiles, particularly SUVs. It’s absurd."

Has Rush considered that global climate change is god's way of telling humans to change their ways?

Perhaps she's sending a message and we're not listening....

"we can’t even stop a rain shower, but we can destroy the climate? And how? With barbecue pits and automobiles, particularly SUVs. It’s absurd."

You are simply an apologist for Rush... If that was the point he was trying to make then why did he say...

“See, in my humble opinion, folks, if you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in manmade global warming.”

I enjoy the study of propaganda. Especially from Rush, who we all know makes 40million a yr and will say anything his big oil backers want him to say, even if it's completely ridiculous.

I also like this article, short, sweet, spot on and to the point.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/5...ves-don-t-believe-climate-change-is-our-fault

2. Belittling Peer-Reviewed Scientific Institutions

Fox News has always had a knack for picking on the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, an institution that brings together thousands of respectable scientists from across the world to discuss the topic of understanding climate change fully. Conservative media outlets have repeatedly described the committee as non-credible, with certain individuals, such as Rush Limbaugh, going on record as calling them akin to terrorists. Not only does Fox believe that nothing the IPCC has ever stated has been true, but the news network dismissed the ICPP's 2007 report because one of its over 1,250 authors happened to be a grad student. To the conservative media, the IPCC is simply selling out to other institutions like the UN and the Obama administration in order to receive funding and help propel their campaigns.

3. Identifying Science As a Liberal Idea

Conservatives often claim that believing in climate change is more of a liberal stance, best shown when Fox Sunday host Chris Wallace asked then-presidential-candidate Herman Cain if Chris Christie was too liberal for the GOP based on his views on the climate among other topics. On top of that, Juan Williams and Bernie Goldberg discussed on the O'Reilly Factor how liberals have tried to propel climate change arguments in order to boost Obama's energy initiatives by way of "liberal propaganda." At this point conservative media has practically established to its audience that to believe in global warming or climate change is essentially the same thing as being liberal. That just leaves the issue of sorting out the 44% of self-proclaiming republicans who do actually believe in global warming's existence.

5. Portraying Climate Science As a "Religion"

Contrarians like to describe themselves, according to the Yale study, as "brave dissidents against an oppressive set of beliefs," meaning that they view the ideas of global warming experts as nothing more than opinions rather than fact-based material. Rush Limbaugh has repeatedly called climate change a "hoax" and has portrayed Al Gore as something of a religious zealot whose intentions are to brainwash the country into believing that climate change exists. The words religion and cult get thrown around a lot by the right-wing media, exclusively in a negative context of course, essentially describing believers in climate change as nothing more than irrational disciples. Fox has even gone to the extent of calling the IPCC's report a "Climate Bible," with the obvious implication that nothing provided in this research is based off of actual fact in the slightest.

“And then on the other end, ‘We are so powerful. And we are so impotent — omnipotent that we can destroy — we can’t even stop a rain shower...
we can't stop a rain shower??? Really!? Not even Gandalf could stop the rain in the newest Hobbit movie. What a weird thing to say. I wonder how many people said 'yea rush, fucking liberals cant even stop the rain... LOL

but we can destroy the climate.’ And how? With barbecue pits and automobiles, particularly SUVs. It’s absurd.” No Rush with tons and tons of poisons your backers leach into the ground water and spew into the atmosphere, come on Rush tell the whole truth. ahhh never mind...

You are simply an apologist for Rush... If that was the point he was trying to make then why did he say...

“See, in my humble opinion, folks, if you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in manmade global warming.”

lol....he was setting up the sarcasm.....

lol....he was setting up the sarcasm.....

No you can't hide behind, 'I'm just an entertainer not a political hack anymore." You can't put some other meaning into Rush's words that weren't there when he spoke them. Sorry this no longer works. What he said is what he said, no setting up anything or being cute in a way we're all supposed to see thru. Nope wont work any more.

When he said "if you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in manmade global warming" he's saying that God backs his political views and even you know that's not true, don't you?

No you can't hide behind, 'I'm just an entertainer not a political hack anymore." You can't put some other meaning into Rush's words that weren't there when he spoke them. Sorry this no longer works. What he said is what he said, no setting up anything or being cute in a way we're all supposed to see thru. Nope wont work any more.

When he said "if you believe in God, then intellectually you cannot believe in manmade global warming" he's saying that God backs his political views and even you know that's not true, don't you?

THIS!

We definitely have an impact on rain. Being able to stop it is something else entirely. You seem to be confusing the AGW theories with far right wing conspiracy nuts who believe Obama sent tornadoes to Oklahoma and a hurricane to Tampa.

I forgot about when Rush said Obama was sending a hurricane to Tampa... Guess Rush does not belive in God.

lol....read the whole dialogue you silly man.....

We definitely have an impact on rain.

of course, that's why it only falls where we want it and we haven't had a flood in fifty years (hint: that is also sarcasm.....it does not mean that I believe Obama can cause hurricanes.....had to point that out or one of you idiots would be quoting me next week and calling me a liar for saying it)......

It appears, according to linberger, Obama can steer Hurricanes to Tampa.

Back