I wonder.....

NOVA

U. S. NAVY Veteran
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson espoused about his Christian faith in a recent documentary entitled “The Making of a Champion.” In the video, Wilson, 24, describes how he found God at the age of 14.
“I had a dream that my dad passed away and that Jesus came into the room and he was basically knocking on my door, saying, ‘Hey, you need to find out more about me,’” Wilson said. “So that Sunday morning I ended up going to church and that’s when I got saved.”
Unfortunately the dream was a foreshadowing of sorts because Wilson’s father died six years later.
Wilson also explained in the video that he was a “bad kid” and that his Christian faith helped him to mature.
“I think that got me through a lot of adversity … because I used to beat up kids and bite kids and do stuff all the time,” Wilson said.
The star quarterback thanks God for the talent God has given him.
“No one can stop what God has for you,” Wilson said.

I wonder if this black player espousing his Christian faith will get ridiculed as much as Tim Tebow did....

well....not really, I KNOW he won't .....

Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson espoused about his Christian faith in a recent documentary entitled “The Making of a Champion.” In the video, Wilson, 24, describes how he found God at the age of 14.
“I had a dream that my dad passed away and that Jesus came into the room and he was basically knocking on my door, saying, ‘Hey, you need to find out more about me,’” Wilson said. “So that Sunday morning I ended up going to church and that’s when I got saved.”
Unfortunately the dream was a foreshadowing of sorts because Wilson’s father died six years later.
Wilson also explained in the video that he was a “bad kid” and that his Christian faith helped him to mature.
“I think that got me through a lot of adversity … because I used to beat up kids and bite kids and do stuff all the time,” Wilson said.
The star quarterback thanks God for the talent God has given him.
“No one can stop what God has for you,” Wilson said.

I wonder if this black player espousing his Christian faith will get ridiculed as much as Tim Tebow did....

well....not really, I KNOW he won't .....

Foreshadowing, but it was six years later! Lol

I predict I will die someday, too!

He is a great deal better as a quarterback than was Tebow.

I don't see him genuflecting on the field either, but I also only see him in the Red Zone now.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...rback-tim-tebow-impossible-hire-espn-magazine

Last edited:
Not sure how you can even begin to compare the 2. Wilson talked about it in a documentary. Tebow talked about it every day, and did the now very-famous Tebow move.

The latter was the main source of ridicule. But it was mostly in good fun - not, "let's make fun of the Christian." A lot of guys in pro sports talk about god.

Back