I wonder if pinheads will ever think....

NOVA

U. S. NAVY Veteran
US population in 2012.................313 Million

CBO and JCT projected that the provisions of the ACA related to health insurance coverage would cost the federal government $759 billion during fiscal years 2014 through 2019 (which was the last year in the 10-year budget window being used at that time). The newest projections indicate that those provisions will cost $710 billion over that same period.
http://tinyurl.com/kj3kx2x

The Government Accountability Office reports that Obamacare will increase the deficit by $6.2 trillion. The Medicaid expansion is expected to cost federal taxpayers $709 billion from 2014 to 2023. When Obama was selling his health care legislation, he declared that, “The plan I’m proposing will cost around $900 billion over 10 years.” Instead, the Congressional Budget Office report found that it would actually cost double that — $1.8 trillion (May 2013).,,,http://tinyurl.com/m2jo29m

We paid over $500 million for the Obamacare internet sites that don't work. Obviously that figure will increase dramatically.
Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/opinion/obamacare-healthcare-gov-website-cost/#ixzz2ir92Eew3

Last edited:
whaddaya mean?

I think all the time. In fact, right about now I think I'll go make myself a margarita with a fresh lime from the tree in my back yard!

whaddaya mean?

I think all the time. In fact, right about now I think I'll go make myself a margarita with a fresh lime from the tree in my back yard!

Now I'm jealous....I'm gonna pop a cold lager and sip on some Jägermeister.......but that margarita sounds good.

Iraq, Afghan wars will cost to $4 trillion to $6 trillion, Harvard study says
March 28, 2013

The U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq will cost taxpayers $4 trillion to $6 trillion, taking into account the medical care of wounded veterans and expensive repairs to a force depleted by more than a decade of fighting, according to a new study by a Harvard researcher.

“As a consequence of these wartime spending choices, the United States will face constraints in funding investments in personnel and diplomacy, research and development and new military initiatives,” the report says. “The legacy of decisions taken during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars will dominate future federal budgets for decades to come.”

Spending borrowed money to pay for the wars has also made them more expensive, the study noted. The conflicts have added $2 trillion to America’s debt, representing roughly 20 percent of the debt incurred between 2001 and 2012."
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/...7452_1_iraq-price-tag-first-gulf-war-veterans

Let's face it, you would rather fight wars for oil profits or because 'he tried to kill my daddy' than make healthcare available to Americans or to do anything that would improve our society.

But we know what happens to right wingers when they tell the truth...

"Both figures are dramatically higher than what U.S. officials projected they would spend when they were planning to go to war in Iraq. Stephen Friedman, a senior White House official, left government in 2002 after irking his colleagues by publicly estimating that the Iraq war could end up costing up to $200 billion."

Iraq, Afghan wars will cost to $4 trillion to $6 trillion, Harvard study says
March 28, 2013

The U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq will cost taxpayers $4 trillion to $6 trillion, taking into account the medical care of wounded veterans and expensive repairs to a force depleted by more than a decade of fighting, according to a new study by a Harvard researcher.

“As a consequence of these wartime spending choices, the United States will face constraints in funding investments in personnel and diplomacy, research and development and new military initiatives,” the report says. “The legacy of decisions taken during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars will dominate future federal budgets for decades to come.”

Spending borrowed money to pay for the wars has also made them more expensive, the study noted. The conflicts have added $2 trillion to America’s debt, representing roughly 20 percent of the debt incurred between 2001 and 2012."
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/...7452_1_iraq-price-tag-first-gulf-war-veterans

Let's face it, you would rather fight wars for oil profits or because 'he tried to kill my daddy' than make healthcare available to Americans or to do anything that would improve our society.

But we know what happens to right wingers when they tell the truth...

"Both figures are dramatically higher than what U.S. officials projected they would spend when they were planning to go to war in Iraq. Stephen Friedman, a senior White House official, left government in 2002 after irking his colleagues by publicly estimating that the Iraq war could end up costing up to $200 billion."

Cost of terrorists attack on September 11 ?
the value of lives lost
property damage
lost production of goods and services
exceed $100 billion
the loss in stock market wealth -- the market's own estimate....about $2 trillion.

WWII
US-$306,000,000,000 + $50,000,000,000 in Lend lease aid
(about $3,444,848,000,000 in 2008 dollars)
You can figure out what the cost was for healthcare and assistance for the injured troops
and death benefits for those KIA.... about 418,000

cost to other countrys......
UK-Pounds Sterling 20,500,000,000
Germany-Reichmarks 414,000,000,000
Japan-Yen 174,000,000,000
Italy- Lire-278,500,000,000
USSR- Ruble 582,000,000,000

Vietnam War..
$5 trillion in 2008 dollars

Afghanistan
under Bush----- costs 192.5 Billion in 2012 dollars (8 years)
under Obama,-- costs 295 Billion in 2012 Dollars... (3 years)...I don't have the costs incurred in 2012-13

ps....$295 billion ? Thats a lot on money OBAMA is spending for oil profits in only 3 years, ain't it...

Now................wtf was your point ? Something about 'the truth' ?

Last edited:
"I will not sign it if it adds one dime to the deficit, now or in the future, period."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-by-the-President-to-a-Joint-Session-of-Congress-on-Health-Care

Back