how much for a big mac if MickyDs paid employees a living wage

evince

Truthmatters
http://now.msn.com/mcdonalds-employee-wages-could-reach-15-dollars-an-hour-with-small-price-hike

Not since documentarian Morgan Spurlock super-sized himself has McDonald's faced this big of a PR disaster. After creating a sample budget for workers subsisting on minimum wage, analysts have been crunching numbers to see how much more customers would have to spend to cover boosting employee wages from $7.25 to $15 an hour. Turns out, it's not much. Arnobio Morelix, a research assistant at the University of Kansas School of Business, found that a Big Mac would go up 68 cents to $4.67 and Dollar Menu items would cost $1.17. It's a small price to pay so that employees could earn a livable wage

I looked and didn't see that thread.

do you think mickyDs can still make an acceptable profit AND pay their workers enough to live on?

ROFL

"Arnobio Morelix, a research assistant at the University of Kansas School of Business", so that is who liberals get their economic information from, an undergraduate research assistant.

Was Paul Krugman not available???

If your going to dis schools then there is no more dissed school than the Austrian one.

why do you buy their short bus ideas?

If your going to dis schools then there is no more dissed school than the Austrian one.

why do you buy their short bus ideas?

Are you really trying to compare a "school" of economic theory to an assistant researcher at a university?

there is nothing wrong with that study.

there is a lot wrong with the Austrian ideas.

they don't work.

these numbers are based on real math.

unlike the Austrian ideas

http://now.msn.com/mcdonalds-employee-wages-could-reach-15-dollars-an-hour-with-small-price-hike

Not since documentarian Morgan Spurlock super-sized himself has McDonald's faced this big of a PR disaster. After creating a sample budget for workers subsisting on minimum wage, analysts have been crunching numbers to see how much more customers would have to spend to cover boosting employee wages from $7.25 to $15 an hour. Turns out, it's not much. Arnobio Morelix, a research assistant at the University of Kansas School of Business, found that a Big Mac would go up 68 cents to $4.67 and Dollar Menu items would cost $1.17. It's a small price to pay so that employees could earn a livable wage

An extra 68 cents? McD could pass that on easy - or even swallow a little of it.

Labor is like any other commodity. You get what you pay for. I don't know how many managers of these low end retail stores complain bitterly about employee turnover and the employees they do have are lazy and unmotivated and lack both ambition and loyalty.

Well no shit. That's a two way street. I've seen how high turnover and an unmotivated work force impact the bottom line. It's illogical, short sighted and poor business practice. If you pay a competetive living wage you attract a higher quality of employee who are motivated, focused and more productive and loyal. They stick around.

Labor is like any other commodity. You get what you pay for. I don't know how many managers of these low end retail stores complain bitterly about employee turnover and the employees they do have are lazy and unmotivated and lack both ambition and loyalty.

Well no shit. That's a two way street. I've seen how high turnover and an unmotivated work force impact the bottom line. It's illogical, short sighted and poor business practice. If you pay a competetive living wage you attract a higher quality of employee who are motivated, focused and more productive and loyal. They stick around.

That's what In 'N Out Burgers does -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-N-Out_Burger
The company's business practices have been noted for employee-centered personnel policies. For example, In-N-Out is one of the few fast food chains in the United States to pay its employees significantly more than state and federally mandated minimum wage guidelines – starting at US$10.50 per hour in California, as of April 2013.[8] The In-N-Out restaurant chain has developed a highly loyal customer base,[9][10][11] and has been rated as one of the top fast food restaurants in several customer satisfaction surveys.[12][13][14]

From what I've read, their employees have pretty good loyalty because the company pays them decently and promotes them.

I have a mickyds around the corner from me.

Its so fucking bad I have not eaten there for YEARS.

I drive the couple of miles to the in and out if I feel like a burger

I agree with Rana & evince - if I'm going to eat fast food burgers, I go to In 'N Out. Their burgers are good, their food is fresher than other places, AND they treat their employees well. And, as evince said - gee, it's not pricier.

Won't go to Carl's Jr because in the past the owner has supported causes I really don't agree with.

I agree with Rana & evince - if I'm going to eat fast food burgers, I go to In 'N Out. Their burgers are good, their food is fresher than other places, AND they treat their employees well. And, as evince said - gee, it's not pricier.

Won't go to Carl's Jr because in the past the owner has supported causes I really don't agree with.

I don't think there is any In 'N Out burgers in our entire state. And I don't choose food any more than I choose movies based on what the actors support politically.

I don't think there is any In 'N Out burgers in our entire state. And I don't choose food any more than I choose movies based on what the actors support politically.

then you missing a big part of what capitalism has to offer the people.

you vote with your pocket book too

Back