Glad they didn't do this in my high school!

tekkychick

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/06/st-viator-alcohol-test_n_3714190.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Students at St. Viator High School in Illinois will be taking a new test this fall that does not necessitate any late-night cramming or No. 2 pencils. They will be taking an alcohol consumption test, which will use hair samples to determine if they’ve drank alcohol in the past 90 days.

The private, Catholic school has randomly tested students for drugs since 2007, according to the Chicago Tribune. However, this year it will also test its 1,000 students for alcohol, a move the school believes is unprecedented in Illinois.

“We’re adding this test because we care about our kids and we want them to be the that best God created them to be,” Corey Brost, St. Viator president, told a Chicago CBS affiliate.

The American Civil Liberties Union has typically opposed schools that conduct alcohol consumption tests on the basis that it is an invasion of privacy. However, because St. Viator is a private school, the ACLU recognizes that administrators are free to implement the policies of their choosing, according to the station.

Since I didn't become an alcoholic until later in life I probably would have passed that test. Many of my friends... not so much.

Back