For Just Deshy

canceled.2021.1

#AMERICAISDEAD
Dear Deshy

Let's discuss the Constitution.

First can you tell me why the Founders put the 3/5 clause in the US Constitution as it pertained to the negro?

You go first. Thanks

Since Deshy is banned from APP, I can't challenge her there, so I have to ban everyone from this thread so it can be Mano e Deshidioto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-fifths_compromise

The Three-Fifths Compromise was a compromise between Southern and Northern states reached during the Philadelphia Convention of 1787 in which three-fifths of the enumerated population of slaves would be counted for representation purposes regarding both the distribution of taxes and the apportionment of the members of the United States House of Representatives. It was proposed by delegates James Wilson and Roger Sherman.

Delegates opposed to slavery generally wished to count only the free inhabitants of each state, but delegates supportive of slavery, on the other hand, generally wanted to count slaves in their actual numbers. Since slaves could not vote, slaveholders would thus have the benefit of increased representation in the House and the Electoral College. The final compromise of counting "all other persons" as only three-fifths of their actual numbers reduced the power of the slave states relative to the original proposals, but increased it over the northern position

they are knowable facts you asshole.

Discussing anything intellectual with you is like discussing with a wall what color to paint it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-fifths_compromise

The Three-Fifths Compromise was a compromise between Southern and Northern states reached during the Philadelphia Convention of 1787 in which three-fifths of the enumerated population of slaves would be counted for representation purposes regarding both the distribution of taxes and the apportionment of the members of the United States House of Representatives. It was proposed by delegates James Wilson and Roger Sherman.

Delegates opposed to slavery generally wished to count only the free inhabitants of each state, but delegates supportive of slavery, on the other hand, generally wanted to count slaves in their actual numbers. Since slaves could not vote, slaveholders would thus have the benefit of increased representation in the House and the Electoral College. The final compromise of counting "all other persons" as only three-fifths of their actual numbers reduced the power of the slave states relative to the original proposals, but increased it over the northern position

Interesting that the US Constitution contained a clause limiting the power of slave holding states. Don't you think Deshy?

BTW can't you quote anything other than Wiki? It makes it look line you don't know what you are talking about.

Come Deshy. Let's discuss the Constitution. That was a layup. Next question in my next post

AAhhh....you stumped poor desh on that question.....don't you have something easier....like.....which finger smells funny after you leave the toilet...

Back