Five (5!) Iowans Sign Up For Obamacare

Taft2016

Verified User
No wonder Kathleen Sibelius is being so mum on how many people have enrolled.

And wait until those who have enrolled find out they have to pay for it.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/report-only-5-iowans-have-signed-obamacare_762379.html

A local Iowa affiliate reports that it could confirm only 5 people in that state have signed up for Obamacare

The "system doesn't seem to be working for most who log-on," says the local reporter. "We tried multiple times on Wednesday to see how long it would take to set up an account to try to shop the rates from the plans. Each time we logged in, within 5 minutes, the system was down."

"Also today, the insurance division office in Des Moines told us, 'We cannot say for sure if anyone has successfully signed up through the healthcare.gov website," says a reporter.

"Tonight, one of the two exchange providers ... said a total of 5 Iowans have obtained insurance."

Last edited:
Chicago tossing municipal retirees onto the exchanges.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/...y-phase-out-plan-for-retiree-health-care.html

Mayor Rahm Emanuel is counting on saving $23.7 million in 2014 by reducing the city’s 55 percent subsidy for retiree health care that 30,000 retired city employees and dependents are fighting to keep.

Emanuel’s decision to forge ahead with the three-year phaseout is aimed at reducing the annual city tab for retiree health care — from a projected $108.7 million in 2014 to $85 million.

It will force higher monthly premiums for 21,160 retired city employees and their 9,108 dependents, but City Hall isn’t saying how much higher. Monthly premiums now range from $73 for a single, Medicare-eligible retiree to as much as $1,819 for two non-Medicare-eligible retirees with children.

I really wish republicans were more competitive.
But they have been taken over by the room temperature iq tea party.

This train wreck is just beginning. I have heard that the IRS cannot go after people who do not abide by this unconstitutional law and can only have their refunds reduced to pay the low fine for not buying insurance.

Part II will be the millions of young people who will tell the Government to pound sand. Rates will then be forced to skyrocket.

Let's hope the brain dead sheeple wake up next year and kick this Democrat dimwits to the curb for this looming catastrophe. You simply cannot FORCE 150 million people to do something; unless of course you live in a Fascist dictatorship.

I really wish republicans were more competitive.
But they have been taken over by the room temperature iq tea party.

Well dimwit; I imagine your parents wished you had been born with a brain too. But you can't always get what you want?

The fascinating thing about a Neanderthal like you with a brain the size of a pellet is that you actually think you are intelligent and not the dimwitted thread trolling asshat others see.

You really are THAT stupid. Hell, I think that "stupid" is embarrassed to even be associated with you.

Now run on back to your trailer park kid.

Well dimwit; I imagine your parents wished you had been born with a brain too. But you can't always get what you want?

The fascinating thing about a Neanderthal like you with a brain the size of a pellet is that you actually think you are intelligent and not the dimwitted thread trolling asshat others see.

You really are THAT stupid. Hell, I think that "stupid" is embarrassed to even be associated with you.

Now run on back to your trailer park kid.
Are you so poor you don't get a bunch of tax breaks
Angry tea party dimwit

I have heard that the IRS cannot go after people who do not abide by this unconstitutional law and can only have their refunds reduced to pay the low fine for not buying insurance.

Easy solution. For the people caught in the "too much income for Medicaid" and "not enough income to buy health insurance".... cancel the Earned Income Tax Credit, and apply those funds to enrolling those people in Medicaid.

This forum is crying for an "I call bullshit" emoticon.

Second source:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20131010/NEWS/310100059/1001/?gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

At least five unusually persistent Iowans have managed to sign up for health insurance on the government’s balky new online marketplace.

Let’s call them the Hardy Handful. They apparently were willing to wait through interminable delays and to try, try again after repeatedly being booted off the system. By Wednesday morning, they had enrolled in insurance plans sold on the public marketplace by CoOportunity Health.

“They threaded the needle and got in,” said Cliff Gold, the insurance carrier’s chief operating officer. “It’s like when a radio station says, ‘If you’re the 20th caller, you’ll win something.’ These people were the 20th caller.”

Two of the unidentified purchasers are from Iowa City, two are from Glidden and one is from Clive, Gold said.

It could be months, if not much longer, before the Obamacare website is free of tech problems

"I think it could easily take up to two years before all these things are working smoothly," said Lisa Carroll, president of the Mosaic Insurance Exchange and the Small Businesses Service Bureau in Massachusetts.

Anatomy-of-an-Exchange_r.jpg

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101100403

Back