Federalists vs. Democratic-Republicans

Pick Your Party!

• Total voters

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
If you lived in the period of 1789-1820, and were registered to vote, which political party would you affiliate with and vote for? I'm just confining it to the big two, so don't get all upset if your preference is the Antimasonic Party!

We've recently been discussing the First Party System in some other threads, so I thought it would be fun to do a poll. I'm guessing the Federalists will outnumber the DRs.

:indeed:

I'm real conflicted because I like a lot of the DR persons (especially Jefferson). But overall I'd have to go Federalist.

Since I would not have been able to vote back then, it's really a moot point for me. There's a reason I like how our constitution has evolved over the centuries.

The DRs were also major hypocrites. They re-chartered the Bank after 1812, bought Louisiana against their principles, and used the force of government to shutdown trade and shipping. They also lacked character, paying reporters to print lies about the Federalists, threatening to use militia forces against the Adams Administration when they disagreed with him (one problem which helped lead to the Sedition Act).

If you lived in the period of 1789-1820, and were registered to vote, which political party would you affiliate with and vote for? I'm just confining it to the big two, so don't get all upset if your preference is the Antimasonic Party!

We've recently been discussing the First Party System in some other threads, so I thought it would be fun to do a poll. I'm guessing the Federalists will outnumber the DRs.

:indeed:

In theory and principle, I am a Jeffersonian.

The DRs were also major hypocrites. They re-chartered the Bank after 1812, bought Louisiana against their principles, and used the force of government to shutdown trade and shipping. They also lacked character, paying reporters to print lies about the Federalists, threatening to use militia forces against the Adams Administration when they disagreed with him (one problem which helped lead to the Sedition Act).

You see to be agreeing with me that the DRs are the ancestors of the modern Rs and the Fs of the Ds.

Last edited:
Back