FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories

FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories

The FBI rejected a recent White House request to publicly knock down media reports about communications between Donald Trump's associates and Russians known to US intelligence during the 2016 presidential campaign, multiple US officials briefed on the matter tell CNN.

White House officials had sought the help of the bureau and other agencies investigating the Russia matter to say that the reports were wrong and that there had been no contacts, the officials said. The reports of the contacts were first published by The New York Times and CNN on February 14.

The direct communications between the White House and the FBI were unusual because of decade-old restrictions on such contacts. Such a request from the White House is a violation of procedures that limit communications with the FBI on pending investigations.

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politics/fbi-refused-white-house-request-to-knock-down-recent-trump-russia-stories/index.html[/video]

If this true, this is highly disturbing. How can any Trump supporter defend this?
 
Well this does come from CNN so there just might be some axe grinding going on. But if true then they need to be slapped down.

Sent from Lenovo K5 Note:
To piss off snowflakes, bottom feeders and racists
 
Last edited:
looks like another NYTime lie..
It look like Priebus asked Comey if he could go on the talk circuit and say the NYTimes is vastly over blowing the "Russsian connection"
Comey said OK. Then Priebus gets accuses of "pressuring the IC"
 
FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories

The FBI rejected a recent White House request to publicly knock down media reports about communications between Donald Trump's associates and Russians known to US intelligence during the 2016 presidential campaign, multiple US officials briefed on the matter tell CNN.

White House officials had sought the help of the bureau and other agencies investigating the Russia matter to say that the reports were wrong and that there had been no contacts, the officials said. The reports of the contacts were first published by The New York Times and CNN on February 14.

The direct communications between the White House and the FBI were unusual because of decade-old restrictions on such contacts. Such a request from the White House is a violation of procedures that limit communications with the FBI on pending investigations.

If this true, this is highly disturbing. How can any Trump supporter defend this?

I applaud your honesty on this. :hand:
 
Rump all but admitted its true this morning with his Tweet raging about the leak.
 
Trump should just fire the entire FBI & make all employees of da gubment to swear allegiance to him=problems solved:whome:
 
Back
Top