Even people who hate Obama have 401(k)s

sedan

red panda
This, of course, has always been the fatal flaw in the Tea Party's hostage taking scheme.

ZZ57E4E778.jpg

No one who is rational wants to see the economy fail, and it's perfectly obvious to anyone with even half a brain which party is trying to crash it (yet again).

Just for shits and giggles.
If you have a 401 k and are not retiring in 5 years
A market crash is the best thing for you!

But low sell high
Your daily balance should be irrelevant
Unfortunately people get scared after a crash sell, then buy after 50 percent increase when they are comfortable.
2 people here said it
I know a guy at the club who sold at the bottom 250,000 put in bonds

This, of course, has always been the fatal flaw in the Tea Party's hostage taking scheme.
ZZ57E4E778.jpg

No one who is rational wants to see the economy fail, and it's perfectly obvious to anyone with even half a brain which party is trying to crash it (yet again).

Yeah, thats what it takes to believe the TP or R's are trying to crash the economy, half a brain.....

Another trillion added on a debt we already can't pay, thats what is gonna crash the economy sooner or later.

You, like all pinheads, comprehend a trillion dollars the same way you comprehend 100 light years.....ie, not at all.

But low sell high
Your daily balance should be irrelevant
Unfortunately people get scared after a crash sell, then buy after 50 percent increase when they are comfortable.
2 people here said it
I know a guy at the club who sold at the bottom 250,000 put in bonds

Wait what? Now you are a seller? Trying to time the market? You can predict a bottom?

Tell me Mr Financial Guru, what tools do you use to call a bottom? You a candlestick kinda guy? Heiken ashi? Do you follow bolinger bands and stochastics? RSI?

You spent months waxing poetic about buying and holding now you act like you never said it. Unreal

The FACT that the teabaggers want a crashed economy is well known. They speak loudly and proudly of it. The FACT that more moderate and generally more reasonable "R's" are being drawn into the teabagger pissing contest would be hilarious if it were not so serious. The teabaggers would not have a prayers chance in hell were it not for the otherwise more sensible "R's" supporting this nonsense. Be that as it may, this latest idea being floated by Rep. Paul Ryan to submit a fully clean CR with an agreement to negotiate cuts to Social Security and Medicare, a large part of his 2012 campaign promises, is interesting to say the least. I strongly encourage him to push that idea as far as he can, as loudly as he can and as publicly as he can. This ought to really excite the old white folks that are the general R base and the younger ones that he hopes to attract!!!!!!! I can't wait for the debates to begin!!!!!!

Petula

When did I hear this before?

Oh yeah, when the $80 billion sequester was going to crash the economy. Never happened, did it?

This is hardly any kind of sell off.

What this is: A few idiots, who actually listen to Democrats on matters of finance, are moving their 401K monies out of the market into something else.

Yeah, thats what it takes to believe the TP or R's are trying to crash the economy, half a brain.....

Another trillion added on a debt we already can't pay, thats what is gonna crash the economy sooner or later.

You, like all pinheads, comprehend a trillion dollars the same way you comprehend 100 light years.....ie, not at all.

I think our real problem in America is that too many people *CHOSE* to live their lives under crushing debt. They're unwilling to deny themselves anything.

If they have zero regard for their personal finances, why the hell should they care about the government's?

Tell your grandkids to go to college, they need to make way more than you and truth GED to pay the bill!

I'm pretty sure I comprehend light years better than the numbskull who posted this:

Heliocentricism is the concept that the sun is the center of the universe.
LOL....IN FACT....the sun in NOT the center of the universe...though it is the center of our Milky Way galaxy...

And you think someone other than yourself is a pinhead?

That's hilarious -- thanks for the chuckle!

Virtually all people live with some kind of debt but that has nothing to do with national debt. Completely different animal with rules and considerations of it's own. National debts are functions of national and international economies, national securities, national interests and international relationships. It's real involved and complicated and cannot be explained on a bumper sticker. In fact, PHD's are offered on the subjects of national finance and debt. Individual debt is a function of only personal income and the willingness of someone to offer indebtedness to them. No comparison in ANY WAY. So PLEASE, enough of these bumper sticker solutions to serious and comprehensive national and international relationships. Folks look foolish when they make kitchen table arguments in subjects like this.

Petula

Virtually all people live with some kind of debt but that has nothing to do with national debt. Completely different animal with rules and considerations of it's own. National debts are functions of national and international economies, national securities, national interests and international relationships. It's real involved and complicated and cannot be explained on a bumper sticker. In fact, PHD's are offered on the subjects of national finance and debt. Individual debt is a function of only personal income and the willingness of someone to offer indebtedness to them. No comparison in ANY WAY. So PLEASE, enough of these bumper sticker solutions to serious and comprehensive national and international relationships. Folks look foolish when they make kitchen table arguments in subjects like this.

Of course. National economics have nothing to do with personal finances. Which is why you leaped into a discussion about the effects of the national debt debate on individual 401Ks clapping your fins and barking like a trained seal. Look up! I'm tossing you a herring!

Lord, liberals are idiots.

Meanwhile, people who are financially self-sufficient enough to have 401Ks, and have half a brain, do not worry about dips lasting a month or so. They worry about the long-term, 20 to 30 years down the road, implications of today's financial policies. That's where the problem lies....

National debts are not in and of themselves bad or evil. No one ever said they were. But they become bad and evil when they become uncontrollable. Just ask countries like Greece, Spain, Italy, etc... In the Senate Obama voted against raising the debt ceiling to $9 trillion. He called it a lack of leadership, bad choices made, and passing debt along to future generations. I think the appeal of Obama is that at some point or another he's taken both sides of almost every issue. So what's not to like?

Is this national debt controllable? If it is, how far away are we from it becoming uncontrollable?

You didn't read the post or you didn't understand it, taft. Whatever, you're all the idiot you've ever been. Would you prefer tuna or whitefish?

Petula

Back