DOJ reviewing Zimmerman case

Socrtease

Verified User
My politico app just announced the DOJ is looking into the case and whether or not it can be prosecuted under federal criminal civil rights law.

it's not going to happen.

First the burden of proof is insanely high. They are going to have to prove that he killed trayvon specifically because trayvon was black. That's basically higher than the burden of 2nd degree murder.

I also think that the government isn't going to want to drag this on, keep the public riled up, they want peace and for people to go back to their lives. Plus imagine if zimmerman wins a second case. How many times do you want to be kicked in the face?

How about the phone calls where he makes remarks about Trayvon's race?

see, this just shows how little you know about this case. this is why he is suing nbc.

He only brought up trayvons race when he was directly questioned about it by the dispatcher. He was answering a question. Before that he didn't even mention race.

NBC is screwed. They will settle this thing out of court. Zimmerman will be a millionaire until the civil jury awards all that money to Martin's family.

NBC is screwed. They will settle this thing out of court. Zimmerman will be a millionaire until the civil jury awards all that money to Martin's family.

aren't you able to have immunity in florida for stand your ground? I bet zimmerman is now going to go ahead and get immunity from civil action, and he'll probably get it.

You think NBC will have to pay for playing the tape the way they did?

You think NBC will have to pay for playing the tape the way they did?

they didn't "play" the tape, they falsely edited it to make it sound and imply something he did not do.

The producer that did the propaganda was fired.

You bet your ass they are going to lose.

Last edited:
I thought it wasn't stand your ground though?

The trial that we just saw was not stand your ground. That was regular self defense. Before the trial in april he could have had a stand your ground hearing but he waived it.

He was found not guilty on straight up self defense, this was not a unique stand your ground law, as so many idiots keep thinking. He was found not guilty by the same self defense laws that every single state has.

Now that the trial is over, he can go back to the stand your ground hearing and ask for immunity. He already has been found not guilty criminally so that part wont apply, but he can still get immunity from civil suits. Which he will probably succeed in getting.

The trial that we just saw was not stand your ground. That was regular self defense. Before the trial in april he could have had a stand your ground hearing but he waived it.

He was found not guilty on straight up self defense, this was not a unique stand your ground law, as so many idiots keep thinking. He was found not guilty by the same self defense laws that every single state has.

Now that the trial is over, he can go back to the stand your ground hearing and ask for immunity. He already has been found not guilty criminally so that part wont apply, but he can still get immunity from civil suits. Which he will probably succeed in getting.

Ahhh, gotcha.

it's not going to happen.

First the burden of proof is insanely high. They are going to have to prove that he killed trayvon specifically because trayvon was black. That's basically higher than the burden of 2nd degree murder.

I also think that the government isn't going to want to drag this on, keep the public riled up, they want peace and for people to go back to their lives. Plus imagine if zimmerman wins a second case. How many times do you want to be kicked in the face?

I agree that their burden of proof is high, but I have no doubt that they will push through with it. This is the most racial President and DOJ in history. They want people riled up. Why else did Obama insert his comments into this case in the beginning? No President with any class or sense does that.

I am not saying that they can win a federal case. This has no similarity to Rodney King as a) they were cops and b) there were witnesses and that infamous tape everyone got to see

That Zimmerman was not found guilty of 2nd Degree which meant he showed "ill will" then I doubt the feds can prove he acted racist. The only thing they could try is a hate crime, but that would be exceedingly tough. Don't think Sharpton won't be pushing hard every day for it.

As for NBC, I hope Zimmerman takes those fuckers for millions and it costs Scarborough his job

Federal law probably doesn't apply, said David Weinstein, a former federal prosecutor in Miami. Unlike the police officers in the King case, Zimmerman wasn't acting "under color of law."

There also is little basis to charge Zimmerman with a federal hate crime, Weinstein said, since prosecutors would have to show that he shot and killed Martin primarily because of the teen's race. Nothing in the state trial suggested it was a racially motivated crime, he said.

"Under the law, there is no basis for them to file any charges," Weinstein said about the Department of Justice.

Under public pressure, he added, the Justice Department may send lawyers to Florida to investigate the case so they can write a report that says "there was nothing there."

"That may satisfy people," Weinstein said.

http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/c...ns-at-center-of-Zimmerman-verdict-4664900.php

Federal law probably doesn't apply, said David Weinstein, a former federal prosecutor in Miami. Unlike the police officers in the King case, Zimmerman wasn't acting "under color of law."

There also is little basis to charge Zimmerman with a federal hate crime, Weinstein said, since prosecutors would have to show that he shot and killed Martin primarily because of the teen's race. Nothing in the state trial suggested it was a racially motivated crime, he said.

"Under the law, there is no basis for them to file any charges," Weinstein said about the Department of Justice.

Under public pressure, he added, the Justice Department may send lawyers to Florida to investigate the case so they can write a report that says "there was nothing there."

"That may satisfy people," Weinstein said.

http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/c...ns-at-center-of-Zimmerman-verdict-4664900.php

Do you have even the vaguest notion of what civil rights are?

Are you mentally retarded?

Back