Dem candidate pocketed payouts

Big Money

cory_booker01--300x300.jpg

Cory Booker pocketed “confidential” annual payouts from his former law firm while serving as Newark mayor.

Booker, the front-runner in New Jersey’s Senate race, received five checks from the Trenk DiPasquale law firm from 2007 until 2011. During that time, the firm raked in more than $2 million in fees from local agencies over which Booker has influence.

Booker did not list Trenk DiPasquale as a source of income on the financial-disclosure report he filed as a Senate candidate in May. One part asks for a listing of compensation of more than $5,000 paid by one source for services provided from 2011 to 2013.

Booker collects a $174,496 annual mayoral salary, made $1.3 million in speaking fees over five years, and holds a $1- to $5-million stake in his Internet startup, Waywire, he reported on his Senate disclosure form.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/booker_rakes_in_law_firm_payouts_NCjQCvyFJxXrreX5QrUAyK

Cory Booker pocketed “confidential” annual payouts from his former law firm while serving as Newark mayor.

Booker, the front-runner in New Jersey’s Senate race, received five checks from the Trenk DiPasquale law firm from 2007 until 2011. During that time, the firm raked in more than $2 million in fees from local agencies over which Booker has influence.

Booker did not list Trenk DiPasquale as a source of income on the financial-disclosure report he filed as a Senate candidate in May. One part asks for a listing of compensation of more than $5,000 paid by one source for services provided from 2011 to 2013.

Booker collects a $174,496 annual mayoral salary, made $1.3 million in speaking fees over five years, and holds a $1- to $5-million stake in his Internet startup, Waywire, he reported on his Senate disclosure form.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/booker_rakes_in_law_firm_payouts_NCjQCvyFJxXrreX5QrUAyK

It's fact that negroes commit the highest percentage of the crimes in America.

I'm not a huge fan of Booker, but I don't see the problem here.

What do you not like about him?

He's your basic centrist Wall Street/hedge fund Democrat. Not a liberal by any reasonable definition of the term. I'd go so far as to say that he lacks any core principles save the promotion of Cory Booker, which dovetails nicely (for him) with the desire for corporate intersts to have their man in the U.S. Senate.

Remember Cory was in the Obama dog house. Interesting that these stories are coming out.

Also since I live good ole fashioned conspiracies, could the Clinton's be trying to take him out?

I am sure Booker has Presidential aspirations and I think the Clonton machine is leery about being blind sided by another black guy.

Nothing happens by accident.

He's your basic centrist Wall Street/hedge fund Democrat. Not a liberal by any reasonable definition of the term. I'd go so far as to say that he lacks any core principles save the promotion of Cory Booker, which dovetails nicely (for him) with the desire for corporate intersts to have their man in the U.S. Senate.

I'm familiar with who he is but I can't say I've followed his career closely. Sounds like he is the definite favorite to win this Senate seat. What do you think his political ceiling is? Does he have White House ambitions?

I'm familiar with who he is but I can't say I've followed his career closely. Sounds like he is the definite favorite to win this Senate seat. What do you think his political ceiling is? Does he have White House ambitions?

He'll win the Senate seat barring some major scandal (like, a real scandal involving hookers and cocaine type thing). I'm guessing he has higher aspirations, but he'll likely wait a few years.

What the fuck are you talking about? What specifically do you think Booker did wrong that is reported in the OP?
did you not read the whole article? or only the parts that disinterested you?

During that time, the firm raked in more than $2 million in fees from local agencies over which Booker has influence.

Back