Death By Video Game! White Kid Gets Away With Murder!

Howey

Banned
The entire right wing is incensed over how this white kid, 9 years old, could gun down his grandmother in a nice little trailer park in Louisiana after playing Grand Theft Auto.

Where's the outrage over the kid getting his hands on the gun that killed her? She may be dead, but his parents need to be put away for life for a. giving him access to the gun, and b. letting him play the violent video game.

Look, white trash...If you can't raise your brood of snot nosed inbred brats right, get sterilized!

http://shot97.com/2013/08/8-yr-old-shoots-grandma-dead/

SLAUGHTER, LOUISIANA - East Feliciana Parish Sheriff’s Office officials say they believe an 8-year-old intentionally pulled the trigger and killed an elderly woman Thursday evening right after playing ‘Grand Theft Auto IV’.

Although they believe it was an intentional crime, according to Louisiana law, the child will not be charged.

In what is now being called a homicide, the Sheriff’s Office says it happened at the Country Breeze mobile home park on LA 67 near Slaughter, LA just after 5 p.m.

Investigators said they found a woman with a gunshot wound to the head. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

According to family members of the victim, her name was Marie Smothers.

Smothers was 90 years old.

In a release from the Sheriff’s Office, it says although the child initially told investigators that he accidentally shot Smothers while playing with a firearm, the investigation has led them to believe the child intentionally shot her.

Smothers was shot in the back of the head while she was in the living room watching television.

The release also states: “By accounts of relatives of the victim, as well as friends of the family, the victim and the juvenile had a normal, loving, relationship.”

Is this a case where we can say it's obvious the child was inspired to shoot a person because of the influence of the violent video game?

I think it is, but I'm biased and have maintained my belief that violent video games cause sociopathic individuals to become desensitised to violence and thus more likely to be inspired by the game to enact real life violence.

This is not to say that these games have this effect on non-sociopathic individuals.

Is this a case where we can say it's obvious the child was inspired to shoot a person because of the influence of the violent video game?

I think it is, but I'm biased and have maintained my belief that violent video games cause sociopathic individuals to become desensitised to violence and thus more likely to be inspired by the game to enact real life violence.

This is not to say that these games have this effect on non-sociopathic individuals.

Wouldn't violent movies and tv shows have the same effect?

Wouldn't violent movies and tv shows have the same effect?

YES

Do you wanna hear my thoughts on that?

We've allowed our collective sanity to degrade for profits by purveyors of graphic violence. I came to this conclusion a while back when I realized I was about the only person in the theater who didn't erupt into laughter when the character accidentally blew the head off his fellow criminal in the back seat of the car (Pulp Fiction)

So yeah, I think violent movies and shows can inspire sociopaths to commit similar acts.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-television-show-dexter-inspired-kill/story?id=9252620

YES

Do you wanna hear my thoughts on that?

We've allowed our collective sanity to degrade for profits by purveyors of graphic violence. I came to this conclusion a while back when I realized I was about the only person in the theater who didn't erupt into laughter when the character accidentally blew the head off his fellow criminal in the back seat of the car (Pulp Fiction)

So yeah, I think violent movies and shows can inspire sociopaths to commit similar acts.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-television-show-dexter-inspired-kill/story?id=9252620

I think the problem lies in a different direction. We, as a people, have always had violence in our entertainment. While we have gotten better at graphics, a quick look at the old legends and tales told by generation after generation shows the same violent tendencies. Grim's Fairytales were MUCH more graphic in the original versions, and our heroes have almost always been violent.

But in the past we also had a strong sense of community. We interacted with people in genuine ways. It was far more difficult to dehumanize them.

Sadly, our "communities" are now largely virtual. We have managed to dehumanize each other to an amazing level. So we find it easier to kill.

I've never watched Dexter, and I don't think it's a gory slashfest or shootout kind of show, but somehow it's managed to inspire a couple of people to emulate it.

There is something wrong when programming inspires people to kill

I've never watched Dexter, and I don't think it's a gory slashfest or shootout kind of show, but somehow it's managed to inspire a couple of people to emulate it.

There is something wrong when programming inspires people to kill

I have watched a few episodes. I have also watched a LOT of horror movies in my life. I am still a nonviolent person.

The lack of connection with society or community is what, I believe, is the difference between those sociopaths and the rest of us.

Back