Day Of Rest.

philly rabbit

Verified User
I would especially like to hear some opinions from secular progressives in this forum about this question and especially those of them who have insisted that America has never been a Christian country.

Why do the great majority of working Americans have Sunday off?

I would especially like to hear some opinions from secular progressives in this forum about this question and especially those of them who have insisted that America has never been a Christian country.

Why do the great majority of working Americans have Sunday off?

Unions

I work both Saturdays and Sundays....most of them....I get every third weekend off.

Remember when Jesus healed on the Sabbath and the Pharisees condemned him for it? What did he say?

Seriously, you could make a better argument for what you are trying to argue by using Christmas and Easter. Or at least talk about blue laws. To try to bring up the Sabbath (obsolete by the way) isn't going to get you very far.

Seriously, you could make a better argument for what you are trying to argue by using Christmas and Easter. Or at least talk about blue laws. To try to bring up the Sabbath (obsolete by the way) isn't going to get you very far.

Well then tell me why the majority of American workers have the day off then?

Who started this off on Sunday business?

Yeah...Silly Philly could have thought (oxymoron) up a better idea for a troll thread than this.

Christian bigotry. They think their day is more important than any other day.

Also, christians get special privileges in this country. They've been able to push their agenda so that their group gets treated differently.

Granted, they are pretty good at it. But it's still special privileges for christians.

Where the fuck is Sunday off a majority thing? I mean, my shop closes down Sundays, but I'd say 90% of businesses here are working.

Where the fuck is Sunday off a majority thing? I mean, my shop closes down Sundays, but I'd say 90% of businesses here are working.

good point.

And a lot of people have to work Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. Hospitals, security firms, restaurants, movie theaters, fire fighters, police officers....

Out of curiosity, how many troll threads does it take before Rule 14 is invoked?

What makes this a troll thread? Philly is stupid, not a troll. I know you love to bandy that term about for everyone whom you politically disagree with, but it doesn't apply in 99% of your use of it.

What makes this a troll thread? Philly is stupid, not a troll. I know you love to bandy that term about for everyone whom you politically disagree with, but it doesn't apply in 99% of your use of it.

To me, he is posting this thread - and the evince thread he started today - to " Posting solely for reaction, to harass, or stalk." So when Howey brought this up as a troll thread, thought I'd ask.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Back