CRUZ HIJACKS SENATE 'TIL 'I'M UNABLE TO STAND'

blackascoal

The Force is With Me
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) began a long speech on Obamacare Tuesday, vowing to speak "until I am no longer able to stand."

The speech is not a filibuster since it won’t officially lead to a delay of any votes. A vote will take place Wednesday to proceed to debate on the House-passed continuing resolution, which currently includes language to defund Obamacare. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is expected to strip that provision out with a simple majority vote.

Although Cruz said he intends to speak until he can no longer stand, his time is limited. The senator can speak for as many hours as he wants, but only until the 30-hour clock runs out for cloture.

Reid dismissed Cruz's actions on the Senate floor Tuesday.

“There will be no filibuster today,” Reid said on the Senate floor. “Filibusters stop people from voting, and we are going to vote tomorrow. Under the rules no one can stop that.”

“We’re going to vote tomorrow regardless of what anyone says or does today, unless it’s a consent agreement to collapse the time,” Reid said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/ted-cruz-obamacare-speech_n_3983954.html

Yeah, maybe GRANDSTANDING will help. :rofl2:

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) began a long speech on Obamacare Tuesday, vowing to speak "until I am no longer able to stand."

The speech is not a filibuster since it won’t officially lead to a delay of any votes. A vote will take place Wednesday to proceed to debate on the House-passed continuing resolution, which currently includes language to defund Obamacare. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is expected to strip that provision out with a simple majority vote.

Although Cruz said he intends to speak until he can no longer stand, his time is limited. The senator can speak for as many hours as he wants, but only until the 30-hour clock runs out for cloture.

“There will be no filibuster today,” Reid said on the Senate floor. “Filibusters stop people from voting, and we are going to vote tomorrow. Under the rules no one can stop that.”

“We’re going to vote tomorrow regardless of what anyone says or does today, unless it’s a consent agreement to collapse the time,” Reid said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/ted-cruz-obamacare-speech_n_3983954.html

Whaaaaaa, I want to filibuster dammit! - Ted Cruz

Unitl he's unable to stand is apparently about one hour. He already yielded to Mike Lee. (Lee will yield back, presumably).

Hes on the Palin plan.

fuck the entire nation he wants those sweet profits for pleasing insane stupid people by telling them the lies they are willing to pay to hear

Hes on the Palin plan.

fuck the entire nation he wants those sweet profits for pleasing insane stupid people by telling them the lies they are willing to pay to hear

Palin will never attain the honor of standing on the Senate floor as a member, she is not of that caliper, Cruz does not deserve it, but he is about 10,000 times smarter than Palin. .

Palin will never attain the honor of standing on the Senate floor as a member, she is not of that caliper, Cruz does not deserve it, but he is about 10,000 times smarter than Palin. .

yes but shes ten times richer than him.

He is after money and fame

yes but shes ten times richer than him.

He is after money and fame

She was after money and fame. He genuinely believes that he's the smartest man in the world and will be the greatest president in the history and future of the United States of America forever and that Mount Rushmore will be changed to 4 likenesses of him.

I say we get up a quick pool.

Everyone can bet on when they think ol whiny Cruz will finally give up.

I bet he quits 26 hours 19 minutes and 38 seconds after he started.

I say we get up a quick pool.

Everyone can bet on when they think ol whiny Cruz will finally give up.

I bet he quits 26 hours 19 minutes and 38 seconds after he started.

No way he'll make it that long. unless he does the handoff every hour to someone else, which doesn't count the same.

No way he'll make it that long. unless he does the handoff every hour to someone else, which doesn't count the same.

I don't know.

He looks your typical Republican male. He looks like a guy with a stick wedged so far up his ass it could keep him propped upright for several hours!

Back