crazy rand paul

evince

Truthmatters
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...tion-TopStories+(News+-+Nation+-+Top+Stories)

Paul's director of new media has called himself the 'Southern Avenger' since 1999.

070912 rand paul

(Photo: Jacquelyn Martin, AP)

Story Highlights
Jack Hunter has a credit in the 2011 book 'The Tea Party Goes to Washington'
He has said that white people are not allowed to celebrate their race the way Hispanics celebrate their ethnicity
He now says that he no longer holds many of the views he expressed

WASHINGTON — A member of Sen. Rand Paul's staff who helped him write one of his books is a former pro-secessionist radio commentator who wore a Confederate flag mask during public appearances, according to a news report Tuesday.

Jack Hunter, who is Paul's director of new media and credited writer with the senator on the 2011 book The Tea Party Goes to Washington, has called himself the "Southern Avenger" since 1999 and has expressed support for the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln, according to the Washington Free Beacon, a conservative online news site.

I wonder if Randall Paul ever criticized President Obama for his connection to Rev. Wright.

So this cove wears a confederate flag mask and calls himself "Southern Avenger"?

$50 says that this chap posts/has posted here.

Rand Paul: Racist Secessionist

I'm not surprised given his father's penchant for racism. More proof all teabaggers are racist, I guess. :-[

Jack Hunter, a congressional aide to Sen. Rand Paul with a history of "neo-Confederate" and "pro-secessionist" views, has produced dozens of articles and video commentaries for The Daily Caller and appeared as what one Fox Business host termed a "regular" guest on that network. He also helped then-Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC), currently the president of The Heritage Foundation, write his most recent book.

The conservative Free Beacon reported today that Hunter, a "close" Rand Paul aide who also co-wrote the Kentucky Republican's 2011 book, "spent years working as a pro-secessionist radio pundit and neo-Confederate activist ... Hunter was a chairman in the League of the South, which 'advocates the secession and subsequent independence of the Southern States from this forced union and the formation of a Southern republic.'"

Free Beacon also quoted Hunter's South Carolina radio commentary under the pseudonym "The Southern Avenger" in which he expressed adoration for Lincoln assassin John Wilkes Booth, indignation that white Americans are treated to a "racial double standard," and opposition to Spanish-speaking immigrants. Hunter reportedly "told the Free Beacon that he no longer holds many of these views," including his pro-Lincoln assassin views, but "declined to say that he no longer supports secession."

Free Beacon further reported that "[d]uring public appearances, Hunter often wore a mask on which was printed a Confederate flag" and included the following picture:

Weird how the Pauls end up hanging out with racists totally innocently and by sheer happenstance.

Well, Al Gore took support from Fred Phelps and has a connection to Hillary. Therefore Hillary is a horrible homophobe. She was also very close with Robert Byrd, the Klan leader. She is a horrible racist. See how that works?

Ron gave Tom Woods (who is a confederate apologist) a job at his peace institute. Lew Rockwell and Gary North (the suspected authors of the racist newsletters) are a part of the peace institute and Ron's homeschooling program, respectively.

Honestly, the Paul's have been way to cozy with these douchebags. It makes my skin crawl. I would run them out. But, the guilt by association is not of much value.

Well, Al Gore took support from Fred Phelps and has a connection to Hillary. Therefore Hillary is a horrible homophobe. She was also very close with Robert Byrd, the Klan leader. She is a horrible racist. See how that works?

Ron gave Tom Woods (who is a confederate apologist) a job at his peace institute. Lew Rockwell and Gary North (the suspected authors of the racist newsletters) are a part of the peace institute and Ron's homeschooling program, respectively.

Honestly, the Paul's have been way to cozy with these douchebags. It makes my skin crawl. I would run them out. But, the guilt by association is not of much value.

What guilt by association? I'm not saying that the Paul's are racists, just that they hang out with racists, which is true.

There is a difference between taking their money and actually hiring them though...

Back