Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

Can't New London keep itself out of the high courts? Is it just that terrible of a city? Also, the courts need to quit sanctioning anything it does. What's good for New London is good for Nazi Germany.

I didn't see where the city proved smart people leave the job. Shouldn't they have to prove it before they can discriminate against smart people?

The real reason to have average cops is because they're easier to control and they aren't smart enough to see problems with obeying unconstitional orders.

This is an awesome precedent to set though, because it means you can also discriminate against morons.

The dumbing down of America...Follows suit with Obama's DOJ going after cities because minorities could not pass tests for police & fire depts.

I think this was more of a deciding factor than his IQ:

..on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

As a former employer, I can agree 100% with this.

That said, what intelligent person would want to be in a career where your chances to come home in a body bag are exponentially high?

That said, what intelligent person would want to be in a career where your chances to come home in a body bag are exponentially high?

Agree.

I know I heard in college that there were employers who wouldn't interview you if your GPA was too high...they decided that meant you were anti-social and nerdy.

Would make more sense to interview people and then decide, but humans aren't always logical.

Actually, I think you have to start as an officer in order to become a detective, and I would think that detective work would attract smart, curious, people. I really don't buy what you're saying. I certainly don't look for anyone who isn't too smart when I'm interviewing. LOL As if that were a big problem anyway. You should see some of the morons I have interviewed.

Actually, I think you have to start as an officer in order to become a detective, and I would think that detective work would attract smart, curious, people. I really don't buy what you're saying. I certainly don't look for anyone who isn't too smart when I'm interviewing. LOL As if that were a big problem anyway. You should see some of the morons I have interviewed.

well... you do live in New York... so that would explain the abundance of morons

Back