Conseratives are throwing a fit over Wendy Davis's New Definition

Dantès

Wendy Davis has incurred the wrath of the Anti-abortion crowd by redefining what it means to be "pro-life."

Here's her new definition and a hint it has nothing with treating women like disposable incubators:

“I am pro-life,” she told a University of Texas at Brownsville crowd on Tuesday. “I care about the life of every child: every child that goes to bed hungry, every child that goes to bed without a proper education, every child that goes to bed without being able to be a part of the Texas dream, every woman and man who worry about their children’s future and their ability to provide for that future. I care about life and I have a record of fighting for people above all else.”
“This isn’t about protecting abortion,” Davis explained in the same appearance. “It’s about protecting women. It’s about trusting women to make good decisions for themselves and empowering them with the tools to do that.”

Conseratives are throwing a fit about her definition of "pro-life"! Incredible!

From the National Memo by way of Daily Kos!

What does that have to do with a woman's right to choose or the idea that children once the are born are more important and sometimes need government intervention to survive. Children can't make choices they are stuck with the birth lottery. Right wingers have a hard time getting their heads around that. For some reason they would rather see even more children living in homes where the parents are on welfare or living in poverty. Why exactly do righties hate children so much that they want to condemn even more of them to lives of utter chaos and depravation and then deny them the right to vote when they reach the age of 18?

Wendy Davis has incurred the wrath of the Anti-abortion crowd by redefining what it means to be "pro-life."

Here's her new definition and a hint it has nothing with treating women like disposable incubators:

“I am pro-life,” she told a University of Texas at Brownsville crowd on Tuesday. “I care about the life of every child: every child that goes to bed hungry, every child that goes to bed without a proper education, every child that goes to bed without being able to be a part of the Texas dream, every woman and man who worry about their children’s future and their ability to provide for that future. I care about life and I have a record of fighting for people above all else.”
“This isn’t about protecting abortion,” Davis explained in the same appearance. “It’s about protecting women. It’s about trusting women to make good decisions for themselves and empowering them with the tools to do that.”

Why do you find it 'incredible'.....she's just used a phrase to create a strawman arguement.....AND, .....she's wrong....she's a troll.

according to the dictionary, "Pro-life" has a specific meaning..defined by the experts as to what it means and how its used in todays world.

pro-life (pr
omacr.gif
-l
imacr.gif
f
prime.gif
)adj. Advocating the legal protection of human embyos and fetuses, especially by favoring the outlawing of abortion on the ground that it is the taking of a human life.

pro-lif
prime.gif
er
n.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

pro-lifeadj (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (of an organization, pressure group, etc.) supporting the right to life of the unborn; against abortion, experiments on embryos, etc.pro-lifer n

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

Notice the difference ?

Last edited:

ie... she cares about the lives of kids unless the pregnant woman decides to kill the unborn child. Yeah... that is not pro-life. That is pro-abortion. Abortion is the forced death of a unique human life. Food, clothing, a roof over their heads, loving family... all important and something we wish for each child... but none of them hold a candle to LIFE itself. To deny a unique human being the opportunity to live, especially when done for convenience, is nothing short of appalling.

What does that have to do with a woman's right to choose or the idea that children once the are born are more important and sometimes need government intervention to survive. Children can't make choices they are stuck with the birth lottery. Right wingers have a hard time getting their heads around that. For some reason they would rather see even more children living in homes where the parents are on welfare or living in poverty. Why exactly do righties hate children so much that they want to condemn even more of them to lives of utter chaos and depravation and then deny them the right to vote when they reach the age of 18?

whereas people like you would rather deny them the right to live... because YOU think death is a better outcome than the obstacles they may face if born?

Why exactly do righties hate children so much that they want to condemn even more of them to lives of utter chaos and depravation and then deny them the right to vote when they reach the age of 18?

Again... vs. denying them the right to live? You condemn them to DEATH. Pretty sure that is as harsh as you can get.

Back