Christian based movies to overtake Hollywood film industry?

wordcreatorushtwf

Verified User
There is increasing evidence that faith and family based movies and TV are making an impact on the film industry. The fact that The Bible, produced by Roma Downey and her husband Mark Burnett attracted over 100 millions viewers was proof that the American viewing public was seeking more faith and family oriented entertainment. Further evidence is that 98 percent of Walmart's 140 million customers want safe family programs.

While doing research about the changing film industry that was once controlled by a few Hollywood power elites, it was evident that something important was happening: their multimillion dollar films were losing money while low cost Christian and faith/family based movies were making as much as five times more than what it cost to make them.

Christian Based Movies to Overtake Hollywood film Industry
explores why the Christian and faith/family movies are making inroads into the once successful hold Hollywood had on American movie and television viewers.

Plenty of room for films for all audiences! But of course there's a difference between "family based" and "faith based". Of course, some movies combine them, but you can have "family based" - which I assume are G rated - without having faith based, as well as vice versa ("Passion of the Christ" jumps to mind - not sure I'd show that to kids)

Anyway, maybe it's time to watch "Team American" again... the unrated version...

Plenty of room for films for all audiences! But of course there's a difference between "family based" and "faith based". Of course, some movies combine them, but you can have "family based" - which I assume are G rated - without having faith based, as well as vice versa ("Passion of the Christ" jumps to mind - not sure I'd show that to kids)

Anyway, maybe it's time to watch "Team American" again... the unrated version...

The whole film industry is changing. The cost for a family to attend the movies is ridiculous.

Netflix and cable are defining entertainment now.

People always become more religious during hard economic times or war. It is the fear factor.

Last edited:
The whole film industry is changing. The cost for a family to attend the movies is ridiculous.

Netflix and cable are defining entertainment now.

People always become more religious during hard economic times or war. It is the fear factor.

It isn't good for the churches though, found an interesting article,seems people want to get religion from Mark Burnett, instead of in the pews.

http://www.churchleaders.com/pastor...ose-look-at-church-attendance-in-america.html

Fuck Yeah!

I don't know about all that. We had record attendance today. All those people showed up to hear our mediocre preacher deliver a mediocre sermon.

not sure if I should congratulate you or commiserate with you.

but of course, as you are well aware, one data point proves nothing.

Watched some Abbot and Costello movies at Christmas, very funny no language or sex, watched parental guidance with Billy Crystal, and Bette Midler, again very funny. I watch a lot of funny movies, and drama's, and action, it could do with a bit less language and sex, they would still be good movies. I watch most of my movies on demand based on ticket prices, just my two cents

Movie matinees in my area have climbed from $4.25 in 1999 all the way to $8.50. I think evening shows were about $8 back then, and if you are paying for a special showing now, such as 3D, then you are talking double digit prices.

Watched Monsters Inc. at the matinee Friday ... $6 for the wife and me, $4 for the kid. Love having kids. It's a good excuse to go to all the kid flicks...the Olive Garden of course. :)

I enjoyed Jesus Christ Superstar!

I enjoyed Jesus Christ Superstar!

JCS is awesome...we had the album when I was a kid; my sisters and I would sing through the whole thing. Being youngest, I never got the best parts, but I did get Pilate. "Who...is...that broken man, cluttering up ... my haaaaallway.... Who...is... that unfortunate?" "Someone Christ, king of the jews!"

Oh yes, that was an awesome movie! and still is! We also have a DVD of a play production of it where they moved it into more modern times.

Our nearest movie theater is 35 miles away; it's a subscription based theater and shows mix old/new. A "real" theater is 45 miles the other direction. So we don't go often. We have a projection system at home, a 91 inch screen, and blurays, dvds galore. Luckily we can do streaming now (our blazing fast 4.5 mg download internet) so Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBOGO etc are open to us. Roku units are great. We even have a laser disk player, but it's been easily 5 years since we used it. Think Pulp Fiction was the last movie we watched on it. Of course we have DISH with lots of channels.

And with all that ... sometimes I just watch Netflix on my laptop(sigh)

Back