Chilling 911 call details final moments of Melbourne baseballer Chris Lane's life


THE teenagers charged over the murder of Melbourne man Chris Lane will be isolated from one another and other inmates in an Oklahoma jail as long as they are there.

Stephens Country Sheriff Wayne McKinney said they would be held individually at the Stephens County Jail for their own protection, and as part of standard protocol for anyone under 18. "And we don't want them collaborating with each other," McKinney told the local paper, the Duncan Banner.

District Attorney Jason Hicks said yesterday that it could be months or longer before the three - James Edwards, 15, Chancey Luna, 16, and Michael Jones, 17 - would face trial. It was too early to say whether they would be tried separately or together. Their next hearings are in October.

The high school attended by the teens is on heightened alert after "anonymous threats" were made just hours after the accuseds first court appearance.


Duncan High School and Middle School added extra security as a precaution, and many parents chose not to send their children to school.

"This evening, we were informed by the Duncan Police Department of anonymous threats involving Duncan High School," the schools' superintendent, Dr Sherry Labyer, posted on its website.

"The credibility of the person or persons communicating the threats is very difficult to ascertain. However, we want to be proactive in taking reasonable precautions."

Dr Labyer later added that school would resume "as usual" on Thursday local time, after an afternoon meeting with the police determined "there have been no further threats or incidents that would lead us to believe we should act otherwise".

Additional security would remain at Duncan High School and Middle School through Friday, and patrol cars would be "vigilant" at the schools and the EDGE Academy for students not likely graduate from high school.

It comes as Edwards, who has been charged with first-degree murder, posted racist tweets saying he hated white people in the months before the shooting.

Edwards posted statements on his Twitter feed including a comment on April 29 where he tweeted "90% of white ppl are nasty. #HATE THEM".

Edwards also weighed when George Zimmerman was acquitted over the death of Trayvon Martin.

"Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!:) lol sh*t ima keep sleepin sh*t! #ayeeee."
"Woods" is derogatory slang for white people. The feed also contains tweets glorifying violence, guns and gangs.

Meanwhile, the harrowing last moments of Lane's life have been revealed on a 911 emergency call.

The seven-minute call, released by the District Attorney's office in Duncan, Oklahoma, begins with local Joyce Smith telling the operator she was driving her Toyota Corolla and spotted a bloodied man at the side of the road.

"There's a young man," Ms Smith tells the operator. "He's just fell over in a ditch and he's got blood on him."

It was 2.57pm on Friday.

Authorities allege Lane, a 22-year-old baseball player who had a scholarship with an Oklahoma college and was visiting his US girlfriend Sarah Harper in Duncan, was jogging along Country Club Road when he was shot in the back in a random drive-by shooting.

Ms Smith, unaware Lane has been shot, has no idea what had happened to him.

"I'm afraid to go over to him," Ms Smith told the operator.

"I don't know him."

Ms Smith told the operator Lane was standing at the side of the road, but then fell over in a ditch.
"I'm kind of scared to go over by myself," Ms Smith said.

At 1:42 into the call, Richard Rhodes, a building contractor who was working on a house in front of where Lane was shot on the corner of Country Club Rd and Twilight Beach Rd, came out to investigate. "The man that has come around the corner off Twilight Beach said, 'He has been shot. Tell them to hurry'," Ms Smith, panic in her voice, relayed to the operator. "He said, 'He heard the shot and he knows what the car looks like'."

Mr Rhodes will now become key to the case against the teenagers.

Luna, the alleged shooter of a .22 calibre revolver, and Edwards, an alleged passenger in the Focus, were both charged with first-degree murder and face life in prison without parole if convicted. They were both refused bail.

Jones, the alleged driver, was charged with using a vehicle to facilitate the discharge of a weapon and accessory after the fact of murder in the first degree. He faces a maximum 45-year sentence.

Bail for Jones, who is assisting prosecutors and police, was set at $US1 million ($A1.1 million). The three will be tried as adults.

Mr Rhodes said he was working on the house, heard what sounded like a bullet being fired, looked down the street and saw a black car with a white sticker on the windshield. The teenagers were arrested four hours later in a black 2003 Ford Focus with a white sticker on the windshield.

At 2:45 into the 911 call, Mr Rhodes had alarming news that Ms Smith relayed to the operator. "He's turning blue," Ms Smith said. Mr Rhodes said he believed the bullet went through Lane's back and punctured his lungs.

At 3:19 into the call, the operator alerted authorities. "We have a male who said he has been shot and is bleeding in the back," the operator said.

At 3:37 she informed Ms Smith help was on the way. "OK. We have an ambulance and a PD (police) on the way," the operator said.

At 3:54 the operator asked: "Is he breathing? Is he conscious? Is he talking to you?" Ms Smith asked Mr Rhodes and the reply was "Lane is not conscious and is barely breathing".

About 20 seconds later Ms Smith relayed promising news from Mr Rhodes: "He just took a breath."

At 4:26 an Ms Smith complained to the operator she couldn't hear any sirens and at 5:53 she again raised her concerns. "I hear no sirens. I see no lights. Oh my gosh how long is it going to be?" Ms Smith said.

At 6:06 Ms Smith said: "I finally see some lights coming."

At 6:20 Ms Smith said an unidentified female passer-by was performing CPR on Lane and then delivered a warning. "If you don't hurry, he's gone," Ms Smith, relaying the message, told the operator. "Ma'am. They're coming OK. I can't make them come any faster," the operator replied.

At 6:47 Ms Smith said: "Finally I see them coming up the street." The operator asked if Lane has stopped breathing Mr Rhodes can be heard in the background saying: "Yes." "Yes, yes they said he has," an emotional Ms Smith confirmed.

At 7:06 the ambulance pulled up at the scene. "Stop right here fella," Ms Smith can be heard telling them.

Lane was taken to Duncan Regional Hospital where exactly 50 minutes after Ms Smith called 911, doctors pronounced him dead.

Obama and the rest of the race baiters should all feel very proud of what they created.
According to liberals, the racist teens who shot this innocent kid are less intelligent than the rest of humanity.