Castro is dead

USFREEDOM911

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
Ariel Castro: Convicted Cleveland kidnapper/rapist found dead in cell

52-year-old convicted kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro was found hanging in his cell Tuesday night.

Castro was being held at the Correction Reception Center in Orient, OH in Pickaway County.

He was sentenced on August 1 to life in prison, plus 1,000 years, for kidnapping and sexually assaulting Amanda Berry, Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus while holding them captive in his Seymour Avenue house for over a decade.

According to CNN Castro's brother-in-law, Juan Alicea, told the network that the family was notified by the warden about 1 a.m. The family is angry, Alicea said, that it learned about the death from media reports first.

JoEllen Smith, of the Ohio Department of Corrections, sent 19 Action News this statement:

Inmate Ariel Castro was found hanging in his cell this evening at 9:20 pm at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient. He was housed in protective custody which means he was in a cell by himself and rounds are required every 30 minutes at staggered intervals. Upon finding inmate Castro, prison medical staff began performing life saving measures. Shortly after he was transported to OSUMC where he was pronounced dead at 10:52 pm. A thorough review of this incident is underway and more information can be provided as it becomes available pending the status of the investigation.

Ohio State Highway Patrol and the Department of Corrections are investigating the death.

I thought you meant the liberal's favorite dictator.

cuba-fidel-castro3.jpg

well. . . This guy is just as bad. I cheered when I thought of his climbing up his bars to tie the blanket shred. But then I realized he may have had an electronic door.

it certainly was the easy way out. The only consolation is believing that life in Hell will be infinitely worse than life in jail.

I would have preferred this power crazed monster living 35 more years with a complete lack of any power.

I am philosophically opposed to the death penalty, but I have always suggested that, after we put some asshole like Castro away for life, we should provide a length of rope and an eye hook in the ceiling for all of them...

Back