Break out the popcorn baby

I see a common refrain calling any liberals that support action in Syria as hypocrites because all liberals are apparently anti-war peaceniks. That's not the case and never has been. Yes, there is a contingent of liberals that are anti-war, but not all of them. Lots of liberals supported the use of force in Kosovo. Lots of liberals supported the war in Afghanistan. While liberals who aren't anti-war opposed the Iraq war, it wasn't simply because they are anti-war as a general matter, but becase the Iraq War was fucking stupid.

I backed the Afgan war.

it was done for good reasons.

The Iraq war was commensed on LIES so I didn't back it.

I now back this ACTION not war because I don't want dictators gassing babies for power.

in your minds that makes me a monster.

I say fuck you all who call me a monster for going with facts and standing up to dictators who would kill their own children.

I see a common refrain calling any liberals that support action in Syria as hypocrites because all liberals are apparently anti-war peaceniks. That's not the case and never has been. Yes, there is a contingent of liberals that are anti-war, but not all of them. Lots of liberals supported the use of force in Kosovo. Lots of liberals supported the war in Afghanistan. While liberals who aren't anti-war opposed the Iraq war, it wasn't simply because they are anti-war as a general matter, but becase the Iraq War was fucking stupid.

Yeah, but some of them are just stone-cold partisans who will support anything a Dem president does.

Yeah, but some of them are just stone-cold partisans who will support anything a Dem president does.

Yes, they are. I'm just dealing with the presumption that Democrats and liberals are per se anti-war. I'd love for that to be the case, but it isn't.

These are just labels of course but if someone tells me they are a Democrat I don't necessarily think of them as either "pro" or anti-war. If a group has 'Progressive' in their title I'm going to think the odds are very high this group is anti-war. If someone is a liberal I'd think they would be more strongly leaning towards the anti-war camp.

Again these are just labels that mean nothing but I really wanted to get in this thread.

These are just labels of course but if someone tells me they are a Democrat I don't necessarily think of them as either "pro" or anti-war. If a group has 'Progressive' in their title I'm going to think the odds are very high this group is anti-war. If someone is a liberal I'd think they would be more strongly leaning towards the anti-war camp.

Again these are just labels that mean nothing but I really wanted to get in this thread.

I have a similar rating system. If someone tells me they are a libertarian I don't necessarily think of them as an asshole, but know there is a high likelihood...about 97%. If someone tells me they are a Republican I know they are an asshole. If someone tells me they are a conservative republican, I know they are a deranged asshole, 100%.

It works.

Liberals reject Obama's case for Syria strikes; believe Obama and Kerry are lying - Washington Times
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...e-syria-strikes-believe-/print/#ixzz2e1xRBgsa

At a certain level this is fun to watch. Some of us smart people warned you liberals about electing this incompetent fool. How ya looking now?

So uneducated lol........ I might have to get some popcorn because your post is so full of fail.

You do realize that Romney had the same plan don't you? Back during the last election Republicans were all about getting involved in Syria. Perhaps you missed the VP debate. Hell Romney/Ryan wanted to enter Iran too and stated they don't need Congress approval to do so. Even Bush wanted to go into Syria.

Time goes by and an old statement Obama made catches up to him. "If they use gas we'll get involved" After SOMEONE used gas Fox News and the Right Wing puppets were screaming Obama is a liar and a coward for months.

But one of Obama's (and Romney's and Bush's and Kerry's) biggest donors is Corporate Military Weapons Manufacturing...........Look it up kid. Our politicians are ready to go to war when the wind blows because there is Corporate money in their pocket and more to be made.

Good job supporting that "Corporations are people" kid. :sexy:

Great post. It has absolutely zero relevance to the OP. but great post nonetheless

I have a similar rating system. If someone tells me they are a libertarian I don't necessarily think of them as an asshole, but know there is a high likelihood...about 97%. If someone tells me they are a Republican I know they are an asshole. If someone tells me they are a conservative republican, I know they are a deranged asshole, 100%.

It works.

Nice! I'm glad I am a confirmed a*hole. The Billy's, Winter Born's, Soc's and Prof Baxter's only get 97% benefit of the doubt. Suckers!

So uneducated lol........ I might have to get some popcorn because your post is so full of fail.

You do realize that Romney had the same plan don't you? Back during the last election Republicans were all about getting involved in Syria. Perhaps you missed the VP debate. Hell Romney/Ryan wanted to enter Iran too and stated they don't need Congress approval to do so. Even Bush wanted to go into Syria.

Time goes by and an old statement Obama made catches up to him. "If they use gas we'll get involved" After SOMEONE used gas Fox News and the Right Wing puppets were screaming Obama is a liar and a coward for months.

But one of Obama's (and Romney's and Bush's and Kerry's) biggest donors is Corporate Military Weapons Manufacturing...........Look it up kid. Our politicians are ready to go to war when the wind blows because there is Corporate money in their pocket and more to be made.

Good job supporting that "Corporations are people" kid. :sexy:

And another post that completely misses the point of the OP.

I guess you want to fill the idiocy void left by howey

Back