Boy, 13, suspended for carrying Vera Bradley purse

images

:rofl2:

23899790_BG1.jpg

While I don't agree with the faculty punishing him (unless he was disruptive, which in some places he can be) I am not unhappy to see this.

I used to bitch about the fact women got to carry purses and I had to find room in my pockets for a billfold, a comb, my pipe, a tobacco pouch, a lighter, my cell phone, a checkbook, and my appointment calendar.......I bought a manbag and used it for about a month before my wife finally said if I didn't quit carrying it around there would be regrettable consequences.....

Well, not really... I should have read the article.

The kid says it was because of that, but really it was because he wouldn't follow the rule that you are not allowed backpacks, purses or bags in core curriculum classrooms.

Anderson County School District Superintendent Don Blome said he could not discuss the specific case because of privacy concerns. However, he said all students, whether female or male, are prevented from having bags, purses, satchels and backpacks in the core classrooms like English and math. The bags must be stored in lockers during class time, he said.

So, while it was sorta because he wouldn't take off the bag it wasn't because it was a purse, nor do the female students get a pass for a purse as his "angry" mother said...

Well, not really... I should have read the article.

The kid says it was because of that, but really it was because he wouldn't follow the rule that you are not allowed backpacks, purses or bags in core curriculum classrooms.

So, while it was sorta because he wouldn't take off the bag it wasn't because it was a purse, nor do the female students get a pass for a purse as his "angry" mother said...

Huh, I don't think that was in the earlier version. That does certainly change the case.

I read the link, what I'm confused about is while 'short shorts' and such were brought up, are girls allowed to bring Vera or other bags to core classes? If so, then he has a case. I'm not seeing that.

I'm wondering if he's also been wearing short shorts......

Back