Boehner keeps House gym open - is that really essential?

tekkychick

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/10/08/2753831/congressmen-pressure-gym-closure/

Members of Congress are circulating letters calling on House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) to close the members-only gym as long as the shutdown continues.

As ThinkProgress reported Tuesday, the shutdown closed the Congressional staff gym, but, thanks to Boehner’s office, the members’ gym has remained open through the shutdown. After uproar over the still-running gym, a spokesperson for the Architect of the Capitol explained in an email to ThinkProgress, “The decision not to lock Members out was made because they keep personal items there, but Members have been made aware that the facility will be unstaffed until the government reopens, as its employees are paid with appropriated funds, which are unavailable during the shutdown.” According to a House aide, the gym is being cleaned daily by maintenance staff and, of course, it costs money to heat the pool and keep the lights on.

Rep. Earl Blumenthauer (D-OR) sent an email asking his colleagues to sign on to a letter telling Boehner to close the gym, as “it is hard to rationalize the gym rises above other important services that are closed.”

Boehner also moved funded death benefits for US troops killed in Afghanistan, money for cancer patients, and other services through the House, only to have Democrats slam the door...but you knew that, didn't you?

A lot of people in Congress do P90X. It's a six day a week program. You really can't afford to miss any days.

A lot of people in Congress do P90X. It's a six day a week program. You really can't afford to miss any days.

Yeah, well, I know a lot of furloughed govt employees who can't afford to MISS ANY PAYCHECKS.

Seriously, Cawacko? That's the best you come back with?

Yeah, well, I know a lot of furloughed govt employees who can't afford to MISS ANY PAYCHECKS.

What a lying twat you are.

House unanimously approves back pay for 800,000 furloughed federal workers

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/05/20822136-house-unanimously-approves-back-pay-for-800000-furloughed-federal-workers?lite

What about the Senate gym.....????....is that essential and sacred.....
How about the White House Chef ?....Can't Mrs. Obama cook ?

What a lame ass fool you are....

Senate and the Obamas would fund the govt in a second.

The House is blocking it.

The Senate gym isn't the op. The House gym is.

What about the Senate gym.....????....is that essential and sacred.....
How about the White House Chef ?....Can't Mrs. Obama cook ?

What a lame ass fool you are....

ps - why do you assume Michelle Obama should do the cooking if there isn't a chef? What about Pres. Obama? He could cook. But you're a sexist idiot...

Obama has a staff of 400 in the WH despite the "shutdown", and I have no doubt Tekkygal knows that.

What a lying twat Tekkygal is.

Notice how she always manages to respond to people she claims to be "ignoring"?

She's despicable.

ps - why do you assume Michelle Obama should do the cooking if there isn't a chef? What about Pres. Obama? He could cook. But you're a sexist idiot...

I don't see that as sexist I see as the basis of the position. Unless the President finds cooking relaxing they have more important things to do than cook dinner. The spouse should do it. If Hillary is President and this scenario presents itself I'd say its Bill's responsibility to cook.

Edit: If the President were single or the spouse out of town then they would have to fend for themselves.

Last edited:
Obama has a staff of 400 in the WH despite the "shutdown", and I have no doubt Tekkygal knows that.

What a lying twat Tekkygal is.

Notice how she always manages to respond to people she claims to be "ignoring"?

She's despicable.

You should get together with the rest of the misogynists here who are trying to find other words to use for "twat" and see what you little boys can find!

It's too bad that you can't get beyond gross gendered personal attacks. Maybe you should try actually thinking through something and trying to get beyond the gendered crap if you can. I know it will probably hurt and for a while it may smell like garbage is burning every time you try, but with a little practice you'll be thinking just like the rest of the 10-year-olds in school. Just remember, no matter what replacement you find for your four letter words, name calling is still name-calling, and it takes almost no intelligence whatsoever, which is why children resort to it so often. I can't imagine anyone ignoring you, you are so dynamic and you posts always contain a certain joie de vivre that is unmistakable! Who could ignore you or your posts, their just so BIG!

Back