Bill Maher Left An Obamacare Hater Speechless With One Question

christiefan915

Catalyst
:cof1: No other comments necessary.

"Matt Welch, Tea Party “darling”, libertarian pundit, and editor-in-chief of Reason Magazine, was left squirming, laughing nervously, and reaching for his coffee cup when Bill Maher interrupted one of his lie-filled anti-Obamacare diatribes with a piercing question.

While attempting to make the point that Obamacare is a “one-size-fits-all” way that won’t solve the problem of providing access to affordable healthcare to the 14 million previously uninsured Americans, Maher stepped in and asked a question that obliterated his rehearsed lie and left him nervously admitting “that’s a good question.”

No, it's not a good question. It's a stupid question.

One size fits all. 2000 pages and they still couldn't write in a way to exempt 60 year-old people from maternity mandates?

No, it's not a good question. It's a stupid question.

One size fits all. 2000 pages and they still couldn't write in a way to exempt 60 year-old people from maternity mandates?

When was anybody carrying group insurance allowed to use a line-item veto for everything they didn't want?

Answer: never.

When was anybody carrying group insurance allowed to use a line-item veto for everything they didn't want?

Answer: never.

Thats bullshit Christie.....group insurance always spelled out.....what was applicable to women only....and what was applicable to men only.......and thats
ALWAYS been the case........

and that innane question by Maher didn't warrent an answer........how can a 2000+ page bill be one size fits all.......it can because it is, that how....

I await your explanation for the cancellation of millions of policies effective January 1, 2014.

Mr. Obama said that he did not do enough to ensure that the law did not force the termination of insurance policies that people like because they do not meet the law’s new coverage requirements.

If he didn't do enough to ensure the law did not force the terminations....that obvously means the law as passed
DID FORCE TERMINATIONS......

These are his words, not mine.

You are familiar with the English language aren't you ?

Really? In a Democrat controlled House, a filibuster-proof Democrat Senate, and a Democrat White House?

That's who wrote it.

Nah, it's one giant, dysfunctional 'compromise.' The Dems had to fight for every inch with the Republicans.

Thats bullshit Christie.....group insurance always spelled out.....what was applicable to women only....and what was applicable to men only.......and thats
ALWAYS been the case........

and that innane question by Maher didn't warrent an answer........how can a 2000+ page bill be one size fits all.......it can because it is, that how....

I've had group insurance all my working life and never.. not once... was allowed to choose what line-item coverages I wanted or didn't want. The only choice was level of coverage, such as size of deductible and co-pays.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with "group insurance always spelled out what was applicable, etc." Yes, it did. It said women could have OB/Gyn yearly exams and men could have prostate yearly exams, for example. How is that a problem?

Nah, it's one giant, dysfunctional 'compromise.' The Dems had to fight for every inch with the Republicans.
i heard it describes as a Rube Goldberg machine.
(or apparatus is a deliberately over-engineered or overdone machine that performs a very simple task in a very complex fashion)..
sounds good, if not complely appros

You can thank Republican Obstructionism.

How so?....explain that stupid remark.....Republicans had NOTHING to say about the bill, no input at all, and not even one Republican voted for it.....

So tell us.....what did Republicans have to do with 60 year-old people having coverage for maternity ???

I've had group insurance all my working life and never.. not once... was allowed to choose what line-item coverages I wanted or didn't want. The only choice was level of coverage, such as size of deductible and co-pays.

I'm not sure what you're getting at with "group insurance always spelled out what was applicable, etc." Yes, it did. It said women could have OB/Gyn yearly exams and men could have prostate yearly exams, for example. How is that a problem?

I didn't say you got to choose what line-item coverages I wanted.....what I was trying to get across to you is that men didn't have maternity coverage.....and women didn't have coverage for prostate exams.....that seems not to be the case with Obamacare.

[QUOTE
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Big money ]

I await your explanation for the cancellation of millions of policies effective January 1, 2014.

[/QUOTE]

I'll give it to you now. Insurance companies suck the big lemon.

I repeat it again ....

In an interview with NBC News, Mr. Obama said that he did not do enough to ensure that the law did not force the termination of insurance policies that people like because they do not meet the law’s new coverage requirements. (meaning, the law DID FORCE the terminations of policies for the stated reason)

Guess they had to pass to it so we could find out whats in it, huh.....

Compromise would mean the Dems gave a little bit in exchange for Republican votes when drafting the bill.

What exactly did the Dems concede to?

What did the Republicans add to the bill?

And how many Republican votes did this process of compromise result in?

I didn't say you got to choose what line-item coverages I wanted.....what I was trying to get across to you is that men didn't have maternity coverage.....and women didn't have coverage for prostate exams.....that seems not to be the case with Obamacare.

The coverage is bundled, that's why. I still don't understand your point. Are you saying women can have prostate exams under Obamacare?

cost spreading has always been how insurance was done.

the insurers started narrowing down coverage to kick off high risk and to gleen more money from each client.

what do you asshole do?

cry out for more gleaning

do you know why the system was in trouble and constantly raising in costs for so long?

insurers trying to squeeze out MORE profits

Back