Big Sports Day

cawacko

Flying to LA today for our first game tonight without Lane 'I suck as a coach' Kiffin. Game 5 for the A's tonight as well. Oakland is a lovely 1-10 I believe in playoff close out games since 1990. Isn't that spectacular. They had a chance in Game 4 to end it but the bullpen blew it. Verlander going tonight for Detroit. The A's can't touch him in the playoffs.

Saw some Tigers fans walking the streets of Boston today. Counting chickens. I hope the A's win just to spite them.

The World Series winner has already been determined. No one will stop the Cards.

The St. Louis Cardinals beat the Pittsburgh Pirates last night, because the Cardinals don't like it when another team like the Pirates or Nationals dares to threaten their self-appointed status as America's Baseball Sweethearts. They'll move on to face the GLORY BOY Dodgers in the NLCS, and somehow the Cardinals and their fans will brand themselves lovable underdogs to LA despite boasting a top-10 payroll. As Twitter user @Texasbound3 said, I wish the Dodgers could sweep them in one game, so that the world can move on from Cardinals Nation's unending love affair with itself.

The Cardinals are fucking awful. They are Tim Tebow in baseball organization form. They are a church casserole made out of cream of mushroom soup and Minute Rice. They are a horrible family staring at a Norman Rockwell painting of itself. It's no coincidence that sabermetric punching bag David Eckstein spent a few years playing for the Cardinals, because no team in any sport puffs up its grittiness credentials quite like this one.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-cardinals-suck-1443513646

Hmmm don't know who wrote that but it pretty much sounds like your typical Bosox fan coming up with another excuse for choking....again.

Uh, it was written by Drew Magary, who to my knowledge is not a Red Sox fan. Neither am I. But if I was, I'd probably make some reference to 2004 and the Red Sox sweeping the Cards.

Well at least the A's got new ownership. Hopefully Mr. Scherzer and Mr. Verlander decide to keep them in Oakland.

Uh, it was written by Drew Magary, who to my knowledge is not a Red Sox fan. Neither am I. But if I was, I'd probably make some reference to 2004 and the Red Sox sweeping the Cards.
An old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.

Lets see...in the last 95 years the Bosox have won 2 WS to the Cards 11. Magary should deal with facts. The Cards dominated the toughest division by far in the Major Leagues and are deservedly the front runners to win the WS. (You have no idea how much it hurt to say that.)

Last edited:
In Vegas feeling no pain right now. When I wake and read this again it will hurt because it is true.
I can relate, three years in a row my reds have had an excellent team. A great starting rotation, solid relievers, arguably the best closer in the game and one of the top offenses in MLB and we have been completely embarrassed in the playoffs three years in a row. The important thing though is that we're competitive and you can't win in post season if you don't make it to the post season.

Back