Are some women poisoning babies?

Big Money

The findings of a new study tested raw breast milk bought through the Internet.

The researchers did not name the specific websites used in their study but said the contaminated samples came from a U.S. milk-sharing website that uses a classified ad format.

Of 101 samples purchased anonymously, nearly three-quarters of the samples contained bacteria that could make a baby sick, including three batches that tested positive for salmonella.

"There should not be salmonella in human milk," said Dr. Kathleen Marinelli, chair of the United States Breastfeeding Committee, a nonprofit group based in Washington, D.C.

Salmonella and other kinds of gram-negative bacteria, which were the most common types found in the study, normally live in a person's gut.

"That tells me that the person who pumped that milk used very bad hygiene. Essentially, they didn't wash their hands after using the toilet," said Marinelli, who was not involved in the study.

None of the samples tested positive for HIV (the AIDS virus), which can be passed through breast milk. But one in five tested positive for another virus called cytomegalovirus, or CMV.

http://www.webmd.com/news/20131021/breast-milk-bought-online-may-contain-harmful-germs-study

I didnt even know this was going on, they need to ban this crap, they must be buying off these sites because its cheaper ? thats just supposition on my part though

How are you being harmed?

Maybe he's afraid he'll get sick when he swills down what he buys on the internet?

yoda_milk_got-764321.jpg

Back