Anyone opposed to this?

I see, so you are opposed to people being able to keep current pre-Obamacare plans?

I see, so you are opposed to people being able to keep current pre-Obamacare plans?

Right here
but that insurance companies will be required to tell people re-enrolling about alternative options and the benefits they will lose.

Not the job of the companies. Id tell you to make a PSA, but that would use even more of my tax money.

So where do you stand on the allowing people to keep the old plans portion?

Rumors are that Obama may propose expanding premium subsidies as a backdoor way to claim he has kept his promise, by spending more money instead of letting people keep their current policies.

Already, a family of four making up to $94,200 a year ― 400 percent of poverty level ― can get an Obamacare subsidy. Expanding subsidies possibly would cost tens of billions of dollars each year, requiring higher taxes or higher fees.

Or breaking another Obama promise, “not to add a dime to the deficit.”

Plus it would increase dependency on government.

But subsidies don’t lower the costs of healthcare. They only change who pays.

If the House passes Upton’s bill to revive existing insurance policies, be ready for screaming from health insurance companies.

They invested a fortune in re-writing policies, getting them approved by state insurance regulators and by the federal HHS, training their people, and revising their computer systems ― and doing much better than the feds. The freedom to revert to old systems would be very expensive.

Many of those companies, their lobbyists, executives, trade associations, and so on supported passage of Obamacare because it guaranteed business for them. So they were willing to impose the law on the American people.

Insurance companies are not the greedy villains that President Obama depicts, yet it’s hard to be sympathetic for losses they may suffer for choosing to be part of Obama’s scheming.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/ernest-istook-knowing-inside/2013/nov/13/obamacare-zombies-are-being-exposed-and-chased/#ixzz2kdnfovJO

A senior Democratic source told NBC News that Obama would announce that those people with insurance policies that are being canceled because they do not meet Obamacare's standards will be allowed to renew them, but that insurance companies will be required to tell people re-enrolling about alternative options and the benefits they will lose.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/...-speak-on-health-care-amid-rumors-of-fix?lite

You really think at this point the Righties have ANY intention of discussing this with any sort of honesty?

LOOK at some of the answers you've received already.

They bitched when they thought it might be harmful to Obama, and now that Obama has stolen their thunder, they are going to bitch about what he's doing to make things right for Americans.

Yes, I oppose this. Obamacare is the law of the land. It cannot be changed. That is the lesson we learned during the shut down.

Democrats are traitors and anarchists for proposing such a thing.

You really think at this point the Righties have ANY intention of discussing this with any sort of honesty?

LOOK at some of the answers you've received already.

They bitched when they thought it might be harmful to Obama, and now that Obama has stolen their thunder, they are going to bitch about what he's doing to make things right for Americans.

Clearly there are a huge percentage of Righties who will oppose anything suggested by President Obama. Hell, the best way to ensure he will never be impeached is for President Obama to ask Congress to start impeachment proceedings.

Democrats warned Obama that "if you don't give us something by Friday" to fix the insurance cancellation problem, then many Democrats are likely to vote for the pending House bill sponsored by Republican Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan, which would accomplish that goal.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2013/1114/Obama-backpedals-on-canceled-health-insurance-plans

Democrats warned Obama that "if you don't give us something by Friday" to fix the insurance cancellation problem, then many Democrats are likely to vote for the pending House bill sponsored by Republican Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan, which would accomplish that goal.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2013/1114/Obama-backpedals-on-canceled-health-insurance-plans

I agree with the Democrats who warned the President, they did the correct thing. The President needs to honor his promise, or the entire bill is in jeopardy.

A senior Democratic source told NBC News that Obama would announce that those people with insurance policies that are being canceled because they do not meet Obamacare's standards will be allowed to renew them, but that insurance companies will be required to tell people re-enrolling about alternative options and the benefits they will lose.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/...-speak-on-health-care-amid-rumors-of-fix?lite

Why are you quoting me as saying something I never said in your signature dimwit? Is it because you are a painfully stupid partisan dimwit?

As for your question, it doesn't matter what Obama says; the law is the law and unless Congress changes it, insurance companies are forced to comply with it.

But you're a partisan dimwit who cannot comprehend the obvious, the truth or the facts.

Why are you quoting me as saying something I never said in your signature dimwit? Is it because you are a painfully stupid partisan dimwit?

As for your question, it doesn't matter what Obama says; the law is the law and unless Congress changes it, insurance companies are forced to comply with it.

But you're a partisan dimwit who cannot comprehend the obvious, the truth or the facts.
Your denying what you said now?

Note that Obamas' cave-in doesn't require insurers to reinstate the existing plans that only yesterday Democrats ridiculed as "substandard"...

So if an insurer refuses, because they already spent a lot of money structuring their plans to conform to Obamacare mandates, the Democrats can blame the results on the "greedy insurance companies"...

7. Sigs that have "quotes" from another member must link to the post they are from, or they must list where the quote is attributable to the user. (e.g. "This quote is from Generic's Signature line"). If we get complaints and the quotes are unattributed and not linked in any way they will be removed.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?2-Rules-of-the-Board!&p=2#post2

So where do you stand on the allowing people to keep the old plans portion?
I'm all for it. I have a plan that doesn't meet ACA requirements. (AARP Supplemental -individual policy)

But it's cheap, and effective. I used it last week for an EKG, physical,blood test, prescriptions. The bill was about $400, I walked out with a $100 co-pay.

In a few years I'll have Medicare - meanwhile I am in very good health for my age -i work keeping physically fit.

So it works for me. Why not let me make the decision on what I want covered?

Back