Another Big Government tech failure?

Big Money

People in Ohio, Michigan and several other states found themselves unable to use their food stamp debit cards on Saturday, after a routine check by vendor Xerox Corp. resulted in a system failure.

Shoppers from Maine to Oklahoma had to abandon baskets of groceries because they couldn't access their benefits.

Ohio's cash and food assistance card payment systems went down at 11 a.m., said Benjamin Johnson, a spokesman for the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.

Ohio's cash system has been fixed, however its electronic benefits transfer card system is still down. All states that use Xerox systems are affected by the outage.

Xerox spokeswoman Karen Arena confirmed via email Saturday afternoon that some EBT systems are experiencing temporary connectivity issues.

She said technical staff is addressing the issue...

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2013-10-12/food-stamp-debit-cards-not-working-in-many-states

Thanks and a shout out to the Dude for telling me about this when his card didn't work...

Last edited:
file.php

People in Ohio, Michigan and several other states found themselves unable to use their food stamp debit cards on Saturday, after a routine check by vendor Xerox Corp. resulted in a system failure.

Shoppers from Maine to Oklahoma had to abandon baskets of groceries because they couldn't access their benefit.

Ohio's cash and food assistance card payment systems went down at 11 a.m., said Benjamin Johnson, a spokesman for the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.

Ohio's cash system has been fixed, however its electronic benefits transfer card system is still down. All states that use Xerox systems are affected by the outage.

Xerox spokeswoman Karen Arena confirmed via email Saturday afternoon that some EBT systems are experiencing temporary connectivity issues.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2013-10-12/food-stamp-debit-cards-not-working-in-many-states

Thanks and a shout out to the Dude for telling me about this when his card didn't work...

This sounds like something that is wrong at Xerox. Do you know how many times I have lost my inrternet connection with Comcast in the last ninety days? And it generally goes out on the weekend too, Sunday mornings generally but other time as well. I have lost it a total of 17 times in the last 90 days. That isn't the government that is a private fucking company who is charging me for service 24/7 and seldom delivering what they advertise. So stop railing against the government because all private companies are just as incompetent. So stick it.

file.php

Shoppers from Maine to Oklahoma had to abandon baskets of groceries because they couldn't access their benefits.

Typical troll.

Blames Obama for the actions of a private corporation.

Jesus, you're fucking stupid. Big Government = Obama?

LOL.

Reading is fundamental, Zaps.

You lack of empathy for the hungry poor is noted.

Right...and that's why your OP about how Xerox blew it is titled "Big Business lets down those who depend on them."

Whooopsie...my mistake!

That wasn't the title at all, was it?

It referred to "Big Government".

More Big Government tech woes...or should I say Canadian Big Business woes?

189654d1363885092-hva-lytter-du-til-i-dag-del-3-20120622052737-rofl.gif

The glitch-plagued Obamacare rollout might be just the beginning: A series of potential technology problems could thwart the Obama administration’s goal of getting 7 million people enrolled in the new exchanges by the end of March.

Millions of people have already encountered error messages, delays, crashes and stuck accounts.

Technology experts and Obamacare backers worry that each step ahead in the process — filling out applications, checking on subsidies and selecting a health insurance plan — creates a potential technology choke point.

And that doesn’t even count any additional chaos when people try to use their new health insurance come January.

calif_328_605.png

Due to the IMPRESSIVE success of the Obamacare websites, they don't work :rofl2:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/obamacare-aca-tech-experts-glitches-issues-problems-98202.html#ixzz2hYDEzgo1

Looks like the EBT system is back up, now.

Dude informs me he was able to score his munchies.

If only Obamacare exchanges could be fixed so easily.

Thanks to all the compassionate liberals who poured out their empathy for the hungry poor in this thread.

Back