An apology to USF

maineman

Banned
In a thread recently, I stooped a bit too low and insulted USF's mother. It was in very bad form. It seems to me, that with the departure of 007, we all can take this opportunity to raise the level of discourse here out of the gutter and leave insults and trash talk behind. I know that I have been a fairly heavy user of that style and I am here to say I am sorry to USF and sorry to others who have been the brunt of those insults. I will try my damnedest to stay away from trash talking going forward. I would hope that USF accepts this apology and follows suit himself. Maybe others will see our example and follow it. Maybe that's a pipe dream but I will certainly try to toe that line going forward with anyone who cares to join me.

In a thread recently, I stooped a bit too low and insulted USF's mother. It was in very bad form. It seems to me, that with the departure of 007, we all can take this opportunity to raise the level of discourse here out of the gutter and leave insults and trash talk behind. I know that I have been a fairly heavy user of that style and I am here to say I am sorry to USF and sorry to others who have been the brunt of those insults. I will try my damnedest to stay away from trash talking going forward. I would hope that USF accepts this apology and follows suit himself. Maybe others will see our example and follow it. Maybe that's a pipe dream but I will certainly try to toe that line going forward with anyone who cares to join me.

Your inclusion of "pipe dream", in an apology, makes it seem disingenuous; because this was about you and me and not one else.

You probably should have stopped at "...going forward".

I am sorry. I didn't know I needed to clear the content of my apology with you prior to posting. I apologized for my comments about your mother. The apology is honest and heartfelt. If it does not meet your specifications, I'm sorry for that too, but this is what you get. take it or leave it, I guess.

I am sorry. I didn't know I needed to clear the content of my apology with you prior to posting. I apologized for my comments about your mother. The apology is honest and heartfelt. If it does not meet your specifications, I'm sorry for that too, but this is what you get. take it or leave it, I guess.

Yeah, the second sentence of the above quote just drips with sincerity.

MM, I was surprised when you made that comment, since normally you don't do that; thanks for apologizing and helping to raise the level of the forum.

I don't know what USF is saying since I have him on ignore, but regardless of what he thinks, you've done a good thing in apologizing.

good form their families are likely as fed up with them as we are.

blame only the person saying the stupid shit.

No one else is responsible for their stupidity but themselves

4 in 100 people are sociopaths.

there are many of them around you.

Knowing someone is mentally ill is a good thing

Please. I have no idea why he is tolerated. I was banned for a month for calling someone (probably "him") a "pedo". Yet, he has said things far worse, and I don't recall him ever being banned. Apparently, he has "friends" in high places.

Please. I have no idea why he is tolerated. I was banned for a month for calling someone (probably "him") a "pedo". Yet, he has said things far worse, and I don't recall him ever being banned. Apparently, he has "friends" in high places.

He has been banned once or twice.

I guess that "leave it" is your decision then?

that's too bad.

I was going to say, your intentions are wonderful, yet your target is woefully inadequate as proven by his responses to you.
Good effort though, but USF is terminally stupid and incapable of any kind of grace at all.

I'm friends with the Mayor of Houston.

Maineman, I'm not saying you're without issues that need to be worked on, but USF is a known incorrigible douchefuck who you do not need to apologize to. His two best friends are permabanned from this site, and one day he will likely cross the line and join them.

Maineman, I'm not saying you're without issues that need to be worked on, but USF is a known incorrigible douchefuck who you do not need to apologize to. His two best friends are permabanned from this site, and one day he will likely cross the line and join them.

AH - 3D is getting in touch with his inner child.

Back