American Masters: Jimi Hendrix – Hear My Train a Comin', PBS 11/5 9 PM eastern

anatta

100% recycled karma
Newly unearthed footage of Jimi Hendrix performing at the 1968 Miami Pop Festival will be revealed in the two-hour documentary American Masters: Jimi Hendrix – Hear My Train a Comin', which airs tomorrow at 9 p.m. on PBS. Now, before the film debuts, you can get an exclusive first look at this amazing clip of Hendrix performing "Foxey Lady" onstage in Miami on May 18th, 1968 during his headlining set.

Interspersed with black-and-white photos of the late Hendrix and his Experience bandmates Mitch Mitchell (drums) and Noel Redding (bass), this colorful video depicts the famed left-handed guitarist powering through one of his most enduring numbers. Sporting a fedora, blond streaks in his hair, a puffy white shirt and red velvet pants, Hendrix clearly stuns his daytime audience with his explosive, soulful playing.

American Masters: Jimi Hendrix – Hear My Train a Comin' will also be released on Tuesday on DVD and Blu-ray and is joined by a companion audio release, The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Miami Pop Festival. The television special and home video release boast previously unseen footage and home movies shot by Hendrix and Mitchell, while the CD and audiophile vinyl set marks the first-ever release of Hendrix's Miami Pop performance. It includes the very first stage performances of "Hear My Train a Comin'" and "Tax Free," plus renditions of the live staples "Fire," "Hey Joe" and "Purple Haze."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/v...ugh-foxey-lady-in-1968-20131104#ixzz2jjUPM4Zy
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

video of Foxy lady @ link

Just checked tv schedule, on at 8! Thanks for the heads up! Out of all of them that died in the late 60's and early 70's I miss Jimi the most. Makes you wonder what direction he would have taken if he survived. Damn

thanks

at 3.51 on the clip is a guy with the the best seat in the house.

I cant get over the idea he looks familar

Just checked tv schedule, on at 8! Thanks for the heads up! Out of all of them that died in the late 60's and early 70's I miss Jimi the most. Makes you wonder what direction he would have taken if he survived. Damn

I love his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner, at Woodstock.
When it reaches "BOMBS BURSTING IN AIR", you can hear him making the bombs bursting in air.

Back