American adults score poorly on global test

signalmankenneth

Verified User
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ap/general/us-adults-score-below-average-on-worldwide-test/nbHsN/

bush_dunce.jpg

Well that's bullcrap. I want to see a copy of test to find out how badly I'd fail it.

Well that's bullcrap. I want to see a copy of test to find out how badly I'd fail it.

I know, the truth hurts doesn't?!! Look at it this way, it's part of the problem why American kids are doing poorly in school compared to other countries in the world?!!

I read this today, and I believe it. How else can you explain the election of Obama...and then the RE-ELECTION of Obama? I'd say it took the "progressives" at least 45 years to usurp the American educational system, but look what it got them! A nation of dumbass sheep.

I got the shock when Trayvon Martin's girlfriend told the court she couldn't read cursive.

WTF are they teaching kids?

I read this today, and I believe it. How else can you explain the election of Obama...and then the RE-ELECTION of Obama? I'd say it took the "progressives" at least 45 years to usurp the American educational system, but look what it got them! A nation of dumbass sheep.
More and more people graduated college
Thus they go from teabagging to progressive
Thanks for asking
Dummbass teabagger

Same way you explain the (s)election of bush and the election of bush.

I got the shock when Trayvon Martin's girlfriend told the court she couldn't read cursive.

WTF are they teaching kids?

that woman was NOT a person who spoke English as a first language.

what countries teach people English in cursive?

jesus all you people do is lie

stop lying about the facts.

we had the best school until the right started attacking the funding for our schools in any way they could.

stop lying about the facts.

we had the best school until the right started attacking the funding for our schools in any way they could.

You have yet to show a single fact to back your claim that schools were fully funded in the 1950's. Pretty ironic considering your claim to love facts.

that woman was NOT a person who spoke English as a first language.

what countries teach people English in cursive?

jesus all you people do is lie

And my "lie" would be what?

She didn't go to school in another country. She went to school here. So it doesn't matter what other countries teach people English in cursive.

Her mother is the Haitian immigrant, not her.

You have yet to show a single fact to back your claim that schools were fully funded in the 1950's. Pretty ironic considering your claim to love facts.
well there are actually a lot of facts that do back her up. Her claim that the US had the best public schools is hyperbole but she is right that right wing politicians, particularly those in the south have systematically undermined funding public schools. That's happened in large northern metro areas too where white flight has occured though the problem there is not of the scope and pervasiveness that it is in the south.

In the south there are vast swaths in which the economically dominant cultural class (business class whites) have systematically undermined public education by politicizing it. With breath taking short sightedness they do not want to invest in public education when they do not see it as directly benefiting themselves. As a result you have a pervasive culture in the south of large groups of minorities (mainly Blacks and Latinos) and working class whites who do not have strong cultural ties to educational achievement that results in a self perpetuating cycle of ignorance and poverty.

When these types of test are performed outside of the south east and south west regions of the US the average and median scores for Americans are much higher and often place us in the top 5 of these categories. What that really shows is that the south remains largely what it has always been. An economic and cultural backwater that drags down the rest of the country and that is due mainly to the radicalized nature of southern conservative politics.

Back