250 Mass Shootings In 260 Days

Anti-Party

Tea Is The New Kool-Aid
"You know, if you define mass shootings as four or more people getting shot at one time, we've had nearly 250 so far this year. We've only had 260 days!" Jon Stewart proclaims . "Our mass shooting average is 96%! Our mass shooting scores shouldn't be that much higher than our math and science scores."

This was addressed after the Naval Yard shooting where the shooter had a record of 2 gun related crimes and a history of mental illness lost in the VA swamp of papers due to lack of funding for a computer filing system. The shooter got a gun, with a background check, only 2 days before the Naval Yard shooting.

Last night someone opened fire on a Park in Chicago with an AR-15 with a 100 Round Mag hitting 13 people. Of course this shooting popped up on MSNBC so take it with a grain of salt like Fox News and maybe think the "assault-style rifle with a high capacity magazine" may have been someone throwing multiple rocks with a sling shot.

Either way.

I don't care what party you are in. I do think if you are in one, you are bias and unable to make an educated decision, but that is neither here nor there. MASS SHOOTINGS are an issue today. I know the uneducated Right wants to think all the people on the Left want to take your guns but I've only heard 3-4 people ever say they wanted a gun free America ever. I know the people on the Left wonder "What is wrong with their heads, can't they see these mass shootings and want to take a step to curb mass shootings?" And then we have Libertarians who are stating we are all innocent until proven guilty. They even mean the people who just got out of prison for murder because they claim to believe in the correctional facility, but it's all lie they just want to support more money even if it comes from death.

Notes to be taken; Most gun violence is suicide. The Left uses this (probably doesn't mean to because a lot of them don't have guns even when they don't stand against them). And the Right is using this to pad statistics in gun regulation states/countries.

My gathering of information leads me to believe that the Left doesn't want to ban any gun. Polls show they want to stop the sales of Assault style rifles which makes me think grandfather clause, not ban. Everyone with a brain wants extended background checks but it's bad for gun sales so you have a few Corporate elitists like the NRA, who changed it's mind after it started receiving funds from gun manufacturers, changing it's mind.

I think Americans can work on gun free zones with regulation as opposed to the idiot Libertarian perspective every teacher should have one with no thought of how to protect a child from grabbing it. We seem to think since we have the right to bear arms we can just be ignorant with a weapon and ignore consequences.

I'm not asking how do we solve gun violence. I'm asking how do we solve mass shooting violence. Please do not respond "they will just find other ways" and point out an illegal one because that would make you a stupid nihilist.

It would be interesting to divide the total into numbers that explain the "killings' to some degree....

drug assiciated.....mental illness......gang related.....racism.....family violence.....terrorism....etc.....

just spitting out the totals do nothing ......

It would be interesting to divide the total into numbers that explain the "killings' to some degree....

drug assiciated.....mental illness......gang related.....racism.....family violence.....terrorism....etc.....

NOVA, when you talk like that, you get respect. No trolling, no hate, just wanting information. I'm proud of you.

We're all in this together. United We Stand and FistBump.

But of your list the two common denominators are lack of education and access to weapons that can cause a massacre (if we are talking about 4 or more and we are)

I know shooters like me could potentially kill someone with every bullet, but these idiots aren't like gun owners. They almost always get their guns "to go" in some way shape or form and don't practice shooting like a civil gun owner. It's why they miss so much. Their accuracy is pathetic and no where near a gun owners accuracy.

This would also be an easier topic if I didn't know the NRA since 2005 had contributions from gun industry "corporate partners" to the NRA total between $14.7 million and $38.9 million. In this time frame they completely switched their point of view/focus and top chairman from the NRA have left. But not Pierre even though he has video evidence stating he wants extended background checks.

But of your list the two common denominators are lack of education and access to weapons that can cause a massacre (if we are talking about 4 or more and we are)

I know shooters like me could potentially kill someone with every bullet, but these idiots aren't like gun owners. They almost always get their guns "to go" in some way shape or form and don't practice shooting like a civil gun owner. It's why they miss so much. Their accuracy is pathetic and no where near a gun owners accuracy.

You're joking right.....access to weapons.....?.....their are 94 guns for every 100 people in the US....and those are 2007 figures (old)

If access were a big cause, we'd have 2 million mass killing and 250....

Education ?....whats your point....do you think only stupid people kill others...or only very smart people ? Guns are pretty damn easy to figure out you know.

and really lad, you don't have a clue exactly how they get their guns or how long they've had them or how expierenced they may or may not be....
I think if you had a human in your sights, you'd be shaking so much you would hit a damn thing....it ain't like in the movies sonny....

This would also be an easier topic if I didn't know the NRA since 2005 had contributions from gun industry "corporate partners" to the NRA total between $14.7 million and $38.9 million. In this time frame they completely switched their point of view/focus and top chairman from the NRA have left. But not Pierre even though he has video evidence stating he wants extended background checks.

This would be a simple topic if you understood the second amendment gives all of us the right to own a firearm.....its a constitutional right and has been well
understood as that for well over 2 centuries......

This would be a simple topic if you understood the second amendment gives all of us the right to own a firearm.....its a constitutional right and has been well
understood as that for well over 2 centuries......

The Constitution doesn't 'give' anyone rights. We're born with them because we're human beings. The Constitution simply says the government may not violate those rights.

You never see anti party talking about stopping gang violence and criticising gangsta culture.
NOPE! Blame the tea party! Blame whitey!

"You know, if you define mass shootings as four or more people getting shot at one time, we've had nearly 250 so far this year. We've only had 260 days!" Jon Stewart proclaims . "Our mass shooting average is 96%! Our mass shooting scores shouldn't be that much higher than our math and science scores."

This was addressed after the Naval Yard shooting where the shooter had a record of 2 gun related crimes and a history of mental illness lost in the VA swamp of papers due to lack of funding for a computer filing system. The shooter got a gun, with a background check, only 2 days before the Naval Yard shooting.

Last night someone opened fire on a Park in Chicago with an AR-15 with a 100 Round Mag hitting 13 people. Of course this shooting popped up on MSNBC so take it with a grain of salt like Fox News and maybe think the "assault-style rifle with a high capacity magazine" may have been someone throwing multiple rocks with a sling shot.

Either way.

I don't care what party you are in. I do think if you are in one, you are bias and unable to make an educated decision, but that is neither here nor there. MASS SHOOTINGS are an issue today. I know the uneducated Right wants to think all the people on the Left want to take your guns but I've only heard 3-4 people ever say they wanted a gun free America ever. I know the people on the Left wonder "What is wrong with their heads, can't they see these mass shootings and want to take a step to curb mass shootings?" And then we have Libertarians who are stating we are all innocent until proven guilty. They even mean the people who just got out of prison for murder because they claim to believe in the correctional facility, but it's all lie they just want to support more money even if it comes from death.

Notes to be taken; Most gun violence is suicide. The Left uses this (probably doesn't mean to because a lot of them don't have guns even when they don't stand against them). And the Right is using this to pad statistics in gun regulation states/countries.

My gathering of information leads me to believe that the Left doesn't want to ban any gun. Polls show they want to stop the sales of Assault style rifles which makes me think grandfather clause, not ban. Everyone with a brain wants extended background checks but it's bad for gun sales so you have a few Corporate elitists like the NRA, who changed it's mind after it started receiving funds from gun manufacturers, changing it's mind.

I think Americans can work on gun free zones with regulation as opposed to the idiot Libertarian perspective every teacher should have one with no thought of how to protect a child from grabbing it. We seem to think since we have the right to bear arms we can just be ignorant with a weapon and ignore consequences.

I'm not asking how do we solve gun violence. I'm asking how do we solve mass shooting violence. Please do not respond "they will just find other ways" and point out an illegal one because that would make you a stupid nihilist.

This can't be true; because Chicago has some of the most restrictive gun laws, in the US, so it has to be an impossibility that anyone has done this.

This almost seems like an attempt to address the issue! But what issue are you trying to address Anti-Party? Is it the sheer number of shootings in your country or is it the number of mass shootings? I think the best way to go about doing it is to address both issues together and call them the same issue.

We've heard some of the possible reasons such as those stated by Nova.

But any list doesn't seem to ever address what I consider would be a big clue as to what the real problem is. Maybe because too many people would consider it too condemning of Americans.

I think it has a lot to do with the "American mindset". That means, to begin with, too many American men desire to own AR type weapons. And, because we're addressing the two perceived problems together, too many American men desire to own guns and use them for various reasons. Some legitimate of course but the number of guns on the street, in glove boxes, in purses, in holsters, in pockets, etc., is most likely directly relative to gun violence.

And so what causes American men to take up guns as opposed to taking up other hobbies that don't relate to guns.

A quick explanation as to my perception of why they go to guns: I think it has a lot to do with a military oriented society. That's stating it in a few words and so if anyone wants to follow up on that and really have a discussion then I can elaborate further.

If some people are 'really' interested in the problem then here's an invitation to dig into it a bit. If not then I will have wasted my time.

There's no will amongst Americans to change things regarding gun violence because they are afraid of addressing the real issues that cause it. America needs to suffer a lot more before anything will be done or any fixes are attempted. And it will most likely have to be incidents similar to the Newtown slaughter of children because shooting such as the last one are not of any consequence to most.

I think it has a lot to do with the "American mindset". That means, to begin with, too many American men desire to own AR type weapons. And, because we're addressing the two perceived problems together, too many American men desire to own guns and use them for various reasons. Some legitimate of course but the number of guns on the street, in glove boxes, in purses, in holsters, in pockets, etc., is most likely directly relative to gun violence.
Except gun violence is down and ownership is up, along with CCing and OCing. So.....no.
And so what causes American men to take up guns as opposed to taking up other hobbies that don't relate to guns.

A quick explanation as to my perception of why they go to guns: I think it has a lot to do with a military oriented society. That's stating it in a few words and so if anyone wants to follow up on that and really have a discussion then I can elaborate further.

If some people are 'really' interested in the problem then here's an invitation to dig into it a bit. If not then I will have wasted my time.
We have about 1% of our population in the military. So....again.....No.

Except gun violence is down and ownership is up, along with CCing and OCing. So.....no.
We have about 1% of our population in the military. So....again.....No.

Whether gun violence is down or not, the statistics speak loudly for the US being far more violent with their guns than other Western countries. Are you trying to pretend there is no problem?

The % of your population in the military has nothing to do with it. If 1% of your population was causing the gun violence then it would be caused by over 3 million citizens. That's ridiculous of course.

I've only offered the idea on the chance that some Americans would have the courage to look at it and not try to reject it due to some kind of pride in themselves as not being the cause. Americans are the cause.

Suit yourself, I never did think that any rational discussion would go anywhere. And really, why would I care if you shoot each other and each other's children. You need to learn your lesson with some real pain involved because there will never be a will to change otherwise.

I think the number one problem is what American society teaches its children about violence.

I think the number one problem is what American society teaches its children about violence.

When violence is being carried out in other countries by Americans, it can't remain isolated to just that. It's obviously going to have a carry over to domestic violence with guns on their fellow Americans.

Young American men wanting to own and use AR type rifles tells us that they are trying to copycat their military. And of course the military is glorified by Americans. No wonder Americans are shooting each other in ever increasing numbers as was seen with the big school massacre.

Whether gun violence is down or not, the statistics speak loudly for the US being far more violent with their guns than other Western countries. Are you trying to pretend there is no problem?
I'm saying that we are not, for a large variety of reasons, comparable to other 'western' nations. And since violence is going down despite there being MORE people with guns....there cannot logically be a causation between the two. Especially when you add in the fact that over 75% of people shot are criminals themselves (the average number of arrests a shooting victim has is 11). Now THAT is most likely a product of the war on drugs, which if you're of a conspiracy bent you might argue is purposeful since the said WoD targets minorities in both enforcement and as the primary victims of said violence, but I digress...

When violence is being carried out in other countries by Americans, it can't remain isolated to just that. It's obviously going to have a carry over to domestic violence with guns on their fellow Americans.

Young American men wanting to own and use AR type rifles tells us that they are trying to copycat their military. And of course the military is glorified by Americans. No wonder Americans are shooting each other in ever increasing numbers as was seen with the big school massacre.

I assume you're taking about the latest school shooting (Newtown). Which can't be because the shooter was trying to emulate Anders Brevik, a Norwegian.

Back