10 Signs Death Is Near

signalmankenneth

Verified User
http://www.caring.com/articles/signs-of-death?utm_source=taboola

death_grim_reaper_cloaked_skeleton.jpg

And here I refrained from making a tacky comment like "you find yourself posting on JPP more often and actually wanting to read ILA's posts...."

oh wait, I just made it...

People have loved ones that pass away all the time. Not a bad thing to post something like this. If someone has a loved one that is terminally ill, it's a good read. It explains a lot about the scarier elements of the death process that may ease the fears and emotional trauma that comes with watching someone close go through it.

With our aging population, palliative care is going to be a part of all of our lives at one point or another.

My dad's an unhealthy 67 year-old man. From earlier in life, his legs are shot and he is nearly blind in one eye from a basketball injury (legs were football and stuff like that). He's got the weight, gaut, blood clot, and probably other stuff I don't know about. The way I see it, he has his mother's genes which are blessed with longevity (his grandfather lived to 103, his great-grandfather was 94, and his mother was 90), but the way he is at 67, I'll just consider every year I get with him to be a blessing. Fortunately, he is still working and wants to keep at it for at least 5 more years (his father had to work until 75, so he's long been predisposed to the idea), and he is president of his parish St. Vincent de Paul Society.

My dad's an unhealthy 67 year-old man. From earlier in life, his legs are shot and he is nearly blind in one eye from a basketball injury (legs were football and stuff like that). He's got the weight, gaut, blood clot, and probably other stuff I don't know about. The way I see it, he has his mother's genes which are blessed with longevity (his grandfather lived to 103, his great-grandfather was 94, and his mother was 90), but the way he is at 67, I'll just consider every year I get with him to be a blessing. Fortunately, he is still working and wants to keep at it for at least 5 more years (his father had to work until 75, so he's long been predisposed to the idea), and he is president of his parish St. Vincent de Paul Society.

Yes, cherish the time you have. My father died in 1982, when I was 17 after 10 years of suffering with work related emphysema, which the last five were a living hell for both him and us. My mom passed away in '04 at 75.

I fear that I will die young. I don't take real good care of myself. I'm just hoping foe 5-10 years of reasonable health after I retire. I love to travel with my wife and I'd like to squeeze as much in as I can. Of course, the obvious solution is to turn over a new leaf and take better care of myself, but that's easier said than done.

People have loved ones that pass away all the time. Not a bad thing to post something like this. If someone has a loved one that is terminally ill, it's a good read. It explains a lot about the scarier elements of the death process that may ease the fears and emotional trauma that comes with watching someone close go through it.

With our aging population, palliative care is going to be a part of all of our lives at one point or another.

Agree; gives you a feeling of comfort that you are doing the right thing.

I hope for him a long life with no pain!

Yes, cherish the time you have. My father died in 1982, when I was 17 after 10 years of suffering with work related emphysema, which the last five were a living hell for both him and us. My mom passed away in '04 at 75.

I fear that I will die young. I don't take real good care of myself. I'm just hoping foe 5-10 years of reasonable health after I retire. I love to travel with my wife and I'd like to squeeze as much in as I can. Of course, the obvious solution is to turn over a new leaf and take better care of myself, but that's easier said than done.

Sorry, my dad is 93, losing one function at a time, but still ticking, can't hear, but still has his sharp mind!

My parents died relatively young - mom at 63 and dad at 71.

I figure I'll be dying relatively young as well, which is probably just as well; I can't afford a long retirement.

Good lord man, life is precious. For God's sake, start taking care of yourself.

If you have a wife, show her your love for her by taking care of yourself, and staying with her as long as possible.

My father had similar symptoms, plus diabetes and heart disease. He lived until age 84.
He did lose a lot of weight, purposely at that age however, and his diet was always excellent. Encourage your father to take up good health habits. The extra years he was around made it a lot easier when he did pass. I was much more ready than I would have been if he had died much younger.

I have gout ( in my case podagra since it is confined to my big toe) . It can be very painful, but I have been able to control it entirely through diet and have not had an attack in a long time.

Back