Trump rejects DHS report on travel ban because it doesn't say what he wants

Timshel

New member
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...errorism-threat-us-iran-somalia-a7599126.html

Donald Trump reportedly rejected an intelligence report on his “Muslim ban” because it did not corroborate his claim that it improved national security.


Compiled by the Department of Homeland Security, the report said that banning all citizens of seven predominantly Muslim countries was ineffective way of stopping terrorists coming to the US because “country of citizenship is unlikely to be a reliable indicator of potential terrorist activity.”

Mr Trump has vowed to introduce a revised version of his highly controversial ban which was blocked by the courts earlier this month. He has insisted it was a security measure not a religious ban.




The White House dismissed its findings as politically motivated and poorly researched.

“The intelligence community is combining resources to put together a comprehensive report using all available sources which is driven by data and intelligence and not politics", said Spokesman Michael Short.


“The president asked for an intelligence assessment. This is not the intelligence assessment the president asked for,” an senior administration official added.


The DHS report was prepared in response to a White House request for intelligence on the terror threat posed by people coming from the seven countries affected by the ban – Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Iraq, Yemen, Libya and Iran.
 
Yup.
Trump's actual intent is clear.
That horse isn't going back in the barn.

He must be completely humiliated.
 
East Libya Bans 18-45-Year-Olds From Traveling Abroad

the military administration in eastern Libya has banned men and women between the ages of 18 and 45 from traveling abroad without explicit permission, a week after introducing a ban on women traveling alone.

The chief of staff in the eastern Libyan government, Abdel-Razek al-Nadhouri, said the measure was imposed to prevent people from joining terrorist networks abroad, the BBC reported.

Libyans who wish to to travel outside the country will now require permits from the ministry of interior or intelligence agency in the Bengazi administration.

Al-Nadhouri announced an order on February 16 banning women under 60 from traveling abroad without a male companion. The chief of staff said women were being used as spies under the guise of working for civil society groups, but women’s rights activists in Libya denounced the move.

The eastern government backtracked and suspended the order on Tuesday, following a meeting between al-Nadhouri and the director of eastern Libya’s civil society commission, Abir Mneina, the BBC reported. But now the eastern administration has broadened the scope of travel restrictions in the country.

The chaos has allowed militant groups to take root in the country, including al-Qaeda and the Islamic State militant group (ISIS,
https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...ya-Bans-18-45-Year-Olds-From-Traveling-Abroad

hmmm.
General Hiftar ( east government) is vehemently anti-terrorist and does not want susceptible young people from traveling abroad and getting radicalized.
Nor does he want travelers returning from abroad -with Libyan travelers

Trump doesn't want travelers from Libya ( and the other 6 countries ) from coming here
until he can get a better working relationship with these failed/terrorist influenced states.

Hiftar and Trump on on the same page in regards to a travel ban - they both know what they are doing

The list of 7 countries are infested with terrorism, and the governments are so fragile/fragmented
no reliable info is available on travelers from or into those countries
 
Back
Top