The raid happened at 2am Yemen time.....6pm in Washington DC ...Trump was at dinner, just as Spicer told you....
do you have a tweet from him at or about that time ?
CNN is your go to news outlet isn't it....now you don't believe them....you've got your own version of history ?
Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump first learned about a planned military raid in Yemen days before the mission actually took place, government officials told CNN, giving his conditional go-ahead to his top military brass over dinner in the White House residence.
Military releases videos seized in Yemen raid
Yemen raid: Military botches release of video seized in operation
The mission, which military officials said went off-track from the start, left Chief Petty Officer William "Ryan" Owens dead and three others injured. After putting out a statement that branded the assault of a heavily fortified Yemini compound a success, the Trump White House was left to defend the first military action ordered by the newly inaugurated commander in chief.
How Sunday's deadly joint US-United Arab Emirates counter-terrorism raid on an al Qaeda compound in Yemen was handed from the Obama to Trump administrations sheds light on the complications that occurred during the sometimes rocky transition of power and has led to a blame game between both camps.
Trump White House aides have defended the mission by saying that it was first considered and approved during Obama's time in office. But former senior government officials under Obama said the former President never signed off on the raid before leaving office.
While the military discussed various options for actions in Yemen, the 44th president felt such action "represented a significant escalation of US involvement in Yemen," as one senior government official under Obama said.
Trump first learned of the plan the morning of Wednesday, January 25, days after he had been inaugurated, a White House official told CNN. James Mattis, Trump's secretary of defense, had already approved the raid by the time Trump learned of it, the official added.
Michael Flynn, Trump's national security adviser, presented the President with a written memo about the planned raid in the morning and the two discussed it a number of times during the day, the official said. Trump then asked Flynn to arrange a meeting so he could solicit advice from Mattis and Gen. Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Flynn, Dunford and Mattis laid out the scenario for Trump over dinner, explaining to the President -- who has no military experience -- that there are inherent risks with a mission like this.
"The paper presented and the verbal information presented made it very clear that this was not a risk-free operation, there were risks, there were dangers," said one White House official.
Inside the Yemen raid: Women al Qaeda fighters surprised US forces
Trump's trio of top White House advisers -- chief of staff Reince Priebus, senior adviser Jared Kushner and counselor to the president Stephen Bannon -- were at the dinner, the White House official said, along with Vice President Mike Pence, CIA Director Mike Pompeo and Keith Kellogg, chief of staff at the National Security Council.
The 10 men sat in the residence, discussing the specifics of the raid and what could go wrong. A source close to Flynn said that Trump was "extremely active" and "asked a ton of questions" during the meeting.
Trump personally invited Priebus, Kushner and Bannon to the dinner. "They are entitled to be wherever the President wants them to be," the White House official said when asked about why politically minded aides were discussing the mission.
As the dinner wrapped up, Trump approved the raid, conditional on another round of meetings with deputies from the agencies. One official said Trump trusted Mattis' view of the situation, in part, because he reviewed the plan and approved it shortly after taking over at the Pentagon on January 20 -- the first day of Trump's presidency.
Discussed under Obama administration
Trump makes unannounced visit to Dover AFB for return of service member's remains
Trump makes unannounced visit to Dover AFB for return of service member's remains
During the Obama presidency, United States Central Command, under Gen. Joseph Votel, recommended the mission, in part, because US officials felt there was a need for a better intelligence picture of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, long considered to be the terror group's most capable franchise, a defense official told CNN.
This need was increased when troops from the UAE drove the organization from the port city of Mukalla, scattering its fighters into the more remote areas where they intermingled with local tribes. Sunday's raid was geared to better understand the nexus between regional tribal fighters and al Qaeda operatives.
That is why, the defense official said, the mission required boots on the ground, with US Navy SEALs taking the lead and UAE Special Forces providing support.
"A drone strike or bomb alone, while it may eliminate the threat, does not allow you to learn from that threat," US Navy Capt. Jeff Davis told reporters Thursday.
The operation was "carefully planned and very deliberately planned," Davis said.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/yemen-raid-trump-obama/
By the way....the DOW hits its 10th straight record today....