Leonthecat
Racism Watchdog
These Republican Leaders Say Trump Should Not Be President
Donald Trump faced harsh rebukes from a growing list of Republicans on Saturday after the release of a video in which he brags about groping women, with some in the GOP calling on him to drop out of the presidential race.
The candidate himself was defiant, however, telling The Washington Post that he will "never withdraw" and insisting the "support I'm getting is unbelievable."
But the condemnation from across the Republican Party was growing louder and more fierce. By NBC News' count, nearly 75 Republicans have censured their party's presidential nominee — and more than two dozen have demanded he drop out. Here's how they break out:
Republicans calling for Donald Trump to drop out
Frmr Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said this is "enough" and Trump should "withdraw"
Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk called Trump a "malignant clown — unprepared and unfit to be president of the United States."
South Dakota Sen. John Thune, the first member of GOP congressional leadership to call for Trump to step aside.
Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse, who never supported Trump, is asking him to "step aside & let Mike Pence try."
Idaho Sen. Mike Crapo, who had previously endorsed Trump, rejected his "disrespectful, profane and demeaning" behavior.
Utah Sen. Mike Lee, who had already indicated he did not support Trump, dismissed him as "the distraction."
Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who had very recently endorsed Trump, said "the time has come for Governor Pence to lead the ticket."
Utah Rep. Mia Love, who had yet to endorse Trump, said she "cannot vote for him" and that he should "step aside."
Colorado Rep. Mike Coffman said Trump should withdraw "for the good of the country."
Nevada Rep. Joe Heck, withdrew his support for Trump, and said the "American people deserve better."
Rep. Barbara Comstock called Trump's remarks "disgusting, vile, and disqualifying."
Alaska Sen. Dan Sullivan said he "will support Governor Mike Pence for President."
Maine Sen. Susan Collins, who never backed Trump, said he needs to make the decision to step down."I could not support his candidacy."
Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner called Trump's "flaws ... beyond mere moral shortcomings."
Alabama Rep. Martha Roby, who previously endorsed Trump, said Trump needs "to step aside and allow a responsible, respectable Republican to lead the ticket"
Alabama Rep. Bradley Byrne, who previously endorsed Trump, said the comments were "were disgraceful and appalling" and that "it is clear that Donald Trump is not fit to be president."
Rep. Scott Garrett of New Jersey said he is "appalled."
Missouri Rep. Ann Wagner, who is withdrawing her support for Trump, said she must "condemn the predatory and reprehensible comments of Donald Trump."
Illinois Rep. Rodney Davis asked to be withdrawn from his agriculture advisory committee and said Pence should be the nominee.
Nebraska Sen. Deb Fischer said it "would be wise" for Trump to step aside.
South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard said "enough is enough."
Utah Rep. Chris Stewart said "I am willing to hold Mr. Trump accountable" and is asking Trump to step aside.
Frmr GOP presidential candidate Carly Fiorina said Trump should "step aside" and he "does not represent me or my party."
Nebraska Rep. Jeff Fortenbury, who previously said he will vote for Trump, now said Mike Pence should be Republican nominee.
Rep. Fred Upton, who has refused to endorse Trump, said he needs to step down.
Frmr Gov. of New York George Pataki said "Enough! He needs to step down."
Hugh Hewitt, radio host and conservative commentator said Trump should "withdraw" "for the benefit of the country."
Republicans no longer voting for Donald Trump
Arizona Senator John McCain is withdrawing his support for Trump, "Cindy and I will not vote for Donald Trump."
New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte said she would write in Pence on her ballot.
West Virginia Sen. Shelly Moore Capito said the "appropriate next step may be for him to reexamine his candidacy."
Ohio Sen. Rob Portman, who formerly endorsed Trump, said "I can no longer support him" and "I will be voting for Mike Pence for President."
Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski said Trump has "forfeited the right to be our party's nominee."
Ohio Gov. John Kasich, ex-2016 contender, said It's clear that Trump "hasn't changed and has no interest in doing so."
Utah Gov. Gary Herbert said Trump lost his vote just a few hours after the damaging tape was released.
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley, who previously endorsed Trump, said he will no longer vote for him.
Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who hadn't yet backed Trump, urged Republicans to vote for country over party.
Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval said he "can no longer support him as my party's nominee."
Nevada Rep. Crescent Hardy said he "will no longer support the guy at the head of the ticket."
California Rep. Steve Knight, who never endorsed Trump, said his comments were "inexcusable" and that he "cannot support" him.
Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz, who had endorsed Trump, became the first member of Congress to reverse course when he said Friday night he could no longer support the nominee.
Pennsylvania Rep. Charlie Dent, who has never supported Trump, said the comments were "disturbing."
Florida Rep. Tom Rooney said he would fail his family if he supports Trump.
California Rep. David G. Valadao called Trump's behavior "disgusting" and said he will not support him.
New Jersey Rep. Frank LoBiondo said "I cannot support and will not vote for Donald Trump."
Minnesota Rep. Erik Paulsen, said Trump's words are "disgusting and offensive."
Michigan Rep. Justin Amash said "It's time for self-reflection from Trump and GOP leaders."
Republicans condemning Donald Trump's comments
Republican Vice Presidential Candidate Mike Pence said "As a husband and father, I was offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump in the eleven-year-old video released yesterday. I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them."
House Speaker Paul Ryan said he was "sickened" by Trump's comments.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell blasted Trump's "repugnant" comments.
RNC chairman Reince Priebus said: "No woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner. Ever."
2012 nominee Mitt Romney condemned Trump's "vile degradations."
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, an ex-2016 contender, said: "As the grandfather of two precious girls, I find that no apology can excuse away Donald Trump's reprehensible comments degrading women."
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, ex-2016 contender who just recently came out for Trump, said:"These comments are disturbing and inappropriate, there is simply no excuse for them."
Texas Sen. John Cornyn, the Majority Whip, called his comments "disgusting."
Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey, who is locked in a tough re-election bid.
Ohio Sen. Rob Portman, who, before Trump's "hot mic" leak, was leading in his tough Senate race.
Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake, who has been a consistently tough critic of Trump.
Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, who is leading in his re-election effort.
Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt, who faced difficult re-election race.
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who ran against Trump in the presidential primary and is now running for a second term in a race he is leading. He called Trumps comments "vulgar, egregious, and impossible to justify."
Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch said "women deserve to be treated with respect."
North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr, who is locked in a competitive re-eelction bid.
Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, who is also looking to get re-elected but trails in the polls.
South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said he was never "comfortable" with Trump being nominee, "I don't believe the Bill Clinton defense will work as we impeached Bill Clinton."
Georgia Sen. Johnny Isakson, who is leading his re-election effort by a slim margin.
Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton said Trump "let us down again" and that his comments were"demeaning and shameful.
Arkansas Sen. John Boozman in a statement referenced his three daughters and two granddaughters and said "If I ever heard anyone speak this way about them, they would be shopping for a new set of teeth."
Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst called his remarks "lewd."
Tennesse Sen. Bob Corker
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said comments were "deeply disturbing" and "absent true contrition, consequences will be dire"
North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory said Trumps comments were "disgusting."
Nebraska Gov. Pete Rickets said comments were "reprehensible and offensive."
Indiana Rep. Todd Young, who is in a tight race but is looking to keep this open Senate seat red.
New York Rep. Chris Collins, one of the first Congressional supporters of Trump.
Michigan Rep. Bob Huizenga calls Trump's remarks "disgusting"
The list is growing by the minute.
The orange clown is done.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-widely-condemned-republican-leaders-legislators-n662446?cid=par-xfinity_20161009
Donald Trump faced harsh rebukes from a growing list of Republicans on Saturday after the release of a video in which he brags about groping women, with some in the GOP calling on him to drop out of the presidential race.
The candidate himself was defiant, however, telling The Washington Post that he will "never withdraw" and insisting the "support I'm getting is unbelievable."
But the condemnation from across the Republican Party was growing louder and more fierce. By NBC News' count, nearly 75 Republicans have censured their party's presidential nominee — and more than two dozen have demanded he drop out. Here's how they break out:
Republicans calling for Donald Trump to drop out
Frmr Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said this is "enough" and Trump should "withdraw"
Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk called Trump a "malignant clown — unprepared and unfit to be president of the United States."
South Dakota Sen. John Thune, the first member of GOP congressional leadership to call for Trump to step aside.
Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse, who never supported Trump, is asking him to "step aside & let Mike Pence try."
Idaho Sen. Mike Crapo, who had previously endorsed Trump, rejected his "disrespectful, profane and demeaning" behavior.
Utah Sen. Mike Lee, who had already indicated he did not support Trump, dismissed him as "the distraction."
Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who had very recently endorsed Trump, said "the time has come for Governor Pence to lead the ticket."
Utah Rep. Mia Love, who had yet to endorse Trump, said she "cannot vote for him" and that he should "step aside."
Colorado Rep. Mike Coffman said Trump should withdraw "for the good of the country."
Nevada Rep. Joe Heck, withdrew his support for Trump, and said the "American people deserve better."
Rep. Barbara Comstock called Trump's remarks "disgusting, vile, and disqualifying."
Alaska Sen. Dan Sullivan said he "will support Governor Mike Pence for President."
Maine Sen. Susan Collins, who never backed Trump, said he needs to make the decision to step down."I could not support his candidacy."
Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner called Trump's "flaws ... beyond mere moral shortcomings."
Alabama Rep. Martha Roby, who previously endorsed Trump, said Trump needs "to step aside and allow a responsible, respectable Republican to lead the ticket"
Alabama Rep. Bradley Byrne, who previously endorsed Trump, said the comments were "were disgraceful and appalling" and that "it is clear that Donald Trump is not fit to be president."
Rep. Scott Garrett of New Jersey said he is "appalled."
Missouri Rep. Ann Wagner, who is withdrawing her support for Trump, said she must "condemn the predatory and reprehensible comments of Donald Trump."
Illinois Rep. Rodney Davis asked to be withdrawn from his agriculture advisory committee and said Pence should be the nominee.
Nebraska Sen. Deb Fischer said it "would be wise" for Trump to step aside.
South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard said "enough is enough."
Utah Rep. Chris Stewart said "I am willing to hold Mr. Trump accountable" and is asking Trump to step aside.
Frmr GOP presidential candidate Carly Fiorina said Trump should "step aside" and he "does not represent me or my party."
Nebraska Rep. Jeff Fortenbury, who previously said he will vote for Trump, now said Mike Pence should be Republican nominee.
Rep. Fred Upton, who has refused to endorse Trump, said he needs to step down.
Frmr Gov. of New York George Pataki said "Enough! He needs to step down."
Hugh Hewitt, radio host and conservative commentator said Trump should "withdraw" "for the benefit of the country."
Republicans no longer voting for Donald Trump
Arizona Senator John McCain is withdrawing his support for Trump, "Cindy and I will not vote for Donald Trump."
New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte said she would write in Pence on her ballot.
West Virginia Sen. Shelly Moore Capito said the "appropriate next step may be for him to reexamine his candidacy."
Ohio Sen. Rob Portman, who formerly endorsed Trump, said "I can no longer support him" and "I will be voting for Mike Pence for President."
Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski said Trump has "forfeited the right to be our party's nominee."
Ohio Gov. John Kasich, ex-2016 contender, said It's clear that Trump "hasn't changed and has no interest in doing so."
Utah Gov. Gary Herbert said Trump lost his vote just a few hours after the damaging tape was released.
Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley, who previously endorsed Trump, said he will no longer vote for him.
Former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who hadn't yet backed Trump, urged Republicans to vote for country over party.
Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval said he "can no longer support him as my party's nominee."
Nevada Rep. Crescent Hardy said he "will no longer support the guy at the head of the ticket."
California Rep. Steve Knight, who never endorsed Trump, said his comments were "inexcusable" and that he "cannot support" him.
Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz, who had endorsed Trump, became the first member of Congress to reverse course when he said Friday night he could no longer support the nominee.
Pennsylvania Rep. Charlie Dent, who has never supported Trump, said the comments were "disturbing."
Florida Rep. Tom Rooney said he would fail his family if he supports Trump.
California Rep. David G. Valadao called Trump's behavior "disgusting" and said he will not support him.
New Jersey Rep. Frank LoBiondo said "I cannot support and will not vote for Donald Trump."
Minnesota Rep. Erik Paulsen, said Trump's words are "disgusting and offensive."
Michigan Rep. Justin Amash said "It's time for self-reflection from Trump and GOP leaders."
Republicans condemning Donald Trump's comments
Republican Vice Presidential Candidate Mike Pence said "As a husband and father, I was offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump in the eleven-year-old video released yesterday. I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them."
House Speaker Paul Ryan said he was "sickened" by Trump's comments.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell blasted Trump's "repugnant" comments.
RNC chairman Reince Priebus said: "No woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner. Ever."
2012 nominee Mitt Romney condemned Trump's "vile degradations."
Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, an ex-2016 contender, said: "As the grandfather of two precious girls, I find that no apology can excuse away Donald Trump's reprehensible comments degrading women."
Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, ex-2016 contender who just recently came out for Trump, said:"These comments are disturbing and inappropriate, there is simply no excuse for them."
Texas Sen. John Cornyn, the Majority Whip, called his comments "disgusting."
Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey, who is locked in a tough re-election bid.
Ohio Sen. Rob Portman, who, before Trump's "hot mic" leak, was leading in his tough Senate race.
Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake, who has been a consistently tough critic of Trump.
Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, who is leading in his re-election effort.
Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt, who faced difficult re-election race.
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, who ran against Trump in the presidential primary and is now running for a second term in a race he is leading. He called Trumps comments "vulgar, egregious, and impossible to justify."
Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch said "women deserve to be treated with respect."
North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr, who is locked in a competitive re-eelction bid.
Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, who is also looking to get re-elected but trails in the polls.
South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said he was never "comfortable" with Trump being nominee, "I don't believe the Bill Clinton defense will work as we impeached Bill Clinton."
Georgia Sen. Johnny Isakson, who is leading his re-election effort by a slim margin.
Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton said Trump "let us down again" and that his comments were"demeaning and shameful.
Arkansas Sen. John Boozman in a statement referenced his three daughters and two granddaughters and said "If I ever heard anyone speak this way about them, they would be shopping for a new set of teeth."
Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst called his remarks "lewd."
Tennesse Sen. Bob Corker
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott said comments were "deeply disturbing" and "absent true contrition, consequences will be dire"
North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory said Trumps comments were "disgusting."
Nebraska Gov. Pete Rickets said comments were "reprehensible and offensive."
Indiana Rep. Todd Young, who is in a tight race but is looking to keep this open Senate seat red.
New York Rep. Chris Collins, one of the first Congressional supporters of Trump.
Michigan Rep. Bob Huizenga calls Trump's remarks "disgusting"
The list is growing by the minute.
The orange clown is done.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-widely-condemned-republican-leaders-legislators-n662446?cid=par-xfinity_20161009