We're Back!

It is amazing how well it is working now. Server errors dropped to zero, no more bounced emails... I'm just impressed... Seriously.
Dumb question for you.......I am only seeing avatars from maybe half the posters or so. The other ones are just blank with a little blue box in the upper left hand corner. Am I doing something wrong in my set up or have they just not put up avatars yet?

Dumb question for you.......I am only seeing avatars from maybe half the posters or so. The other ones are just blank with a little blue box in the upper left hand corner. Am I doing something wrong in my set up or have they just not put up avatars yet?
My avatar has disappeared so I uploaded another one.

For some reason some of the avatars just didn't import. :dunno:

If they have no avatar in there it gives them one with the first letter of their username. If they have one that is supposed to render but it cannot find it in the folder it gives the result you see. So those are folks who had an avatar that for some reason the system could not find in the folder that holds custom avatars.

I had to reload mine to get it to move... When it imported it froze the thing.

For some reason some of the avatars just didn't import. :dunno:

If they have no avatar in there it gives them one with the first letter of their username. If they have one that is supposed to render but it cannot find it in the folder it gives the result you see. So those are folks who had an avatar that for some reason the system could not find in the folder that holds custom avatars.

I had to reload mine to get it to move... When it imported it froze the thing.
Ok,..good. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt anything on my end.

There is a general enforced ignore amnesty... This means that folks previously forced to ignore another poster can see their posts again. We do have the ability to force folks to ignore each other, but I figured upgrade removed it, folks have had the ability to see those posts for a few days now.... If they abuse it, we'll just add them back to enforced ignore...

Have fun, don't abuse it... we can do this folks. Adulting isn't that hard really.

There is a general enforced ignore amnesty... This means that folks previously forced to ignore another poster can see their posts again. We do have the ability to force folks to ignore each other, but I figured upgrade removed it, folks have had the ability to see those posts for a few days now.... If they abuse it, we'll just add them back to enforced ignore...

Have fun, don't abuse it... we can do this folks. Adulting isn't that hard really.
I like the feature of putting someone on ignore and they cannot troll you by sending 15 notifications to you everyday.
Also, saves the trouble of remembering who to ban each time you start a thread. Much more efficient.

But in wonder if trolls can still post that they hope a specific poster is violently murdered? I don't think that kind of hatred should be allowed. I also dont think posters should be allowed to call other posters "stalker" when the person only responds to open threads in open forums. But I realize we don't always get what we want.

This should have every post right up to the moment on 4/23/2024 that I shut down posting to begin the upgrade. The upgrade failed miserably, however I was able to eventually repair the database...

And now here we are. I will be updating the styles, etc. on the fly while you all post. For now all you get is the default style. LOL. I'll fix that soon.

Thanks for all your patience. Enjoy the board.
where would we all be without you bro?

nowhere, floating in the outer darkness.

Thanks for being you, damo.

and I encourage everyone to give generously to the board.

nothing else is more important.

:truestory:

It sure is for some here...

Back