The coming religious holiday

You can't define what you mean by 'pollution'?
I'm literally giving you carte blanche to define pollution any way you'd like - you don't even have to tell me how you define it - but you can't answer whether you believe it exists?

How is that 'pollution'?

He never did define this 'pollution' he keeps going on about. Now he whines for someone else to define it for him!

Do you deny that pollution exists? Do you think
OK., I'll pick one for you. Auto and truck exhaust. What's your solution?

I don't think there's a true solution. It's about a long term goal of gradually decreasing all pollution, including CO2 emissions, even though CO2 isn't terribly dangerous, by taking small steps that aren't going to wreck the economy or cost trillions to implement (Green New Deal). Obviously nuclear energy is significantly better for air quality than burning coal. So, we should plan to open more nuclear power plants and close coal burning plants, right? Phoenix, AZ, where I live, has no burn days, where we aren't permitted to use wood burning fireplaces, are encouraged to use mass transit, ride bicycles, carpool, etc. Getting rid of wood burning fireplaces/fire pits would be a good idea vs burning wood.

Do you deny that pollution exists? Do you think
You keep talking about this so-called 'pollution', but you never defined it. Void argument fallacy.
I don't think there's a true solution.
You haven't stated any problem. Void argument fallacy.
It's about a long term goal of gradually decreasing all pollution,
Define this so-called 'pollution'.
including CO2 emissions, even though CO2 isn't terribly dangerous,
CO2 is not pollution. CO2 is a naturally occurring gas in the atmosphere that is absolutely essential for life to exist on Earth.
by taking small steps that aren't going to wreck the economy or cost trillions to implement (Green New Deal). Obviously nuclear energy is significantly better for air quality than burning coal.
Coal is not pollution. Try again. Burning coal produces CO2. That's not pollution either.
So, we should plan to open more nuclear power plants and close coal burning plants, right?
Why?
Phoenix, AZ, where I live, has no burn days, where we aren't permitted to use wood burning fireplaces, are encouraged to use mass transit, ride bicycles, carpool, etc. Getting rid of wood burning fireplaces/fire pits would be a good idea vs burning wood.
What wood?? Phoenix is in the desert!

You keep talking about this so-called 'pollution', but you never defined it. Void argument fallacy.
You're wasting my time with useless words.. argument.
You haven't stated any problem. Void argument fallacy.
I'm mostly talking to people who Don't pretend to be dumb and actually want to have a conversation. That being the case, I understand your confusion..
Define this so-called 'pollution'.
See above.

CO2 is not pollution.
as I said above, CO2 is not particularly dangerous, however, there are other dangerous aspects to CO2 at least for people who don't ignore the first law of thermodynamics That says energy can't be destroyed.
CO2 is a naturally occurring gas in the atmosphere that is absolutely essential for life to exist on Earth.
Mercury exist naturally also, So....
Coal is not pollution.
I didn't say Coal was a pollutant.
Try again. Burning coal produces CO2. That's not pollution either.
burning coal also produces other gases that are dangerous to humans. You really should step outside of your far right circle jerk.
Why?

What wood?? Phoenix is in the desert!

Just when I thought you couldn't embarrass yourself anymore...

You're wasting my time with useless words.. argument.
You are describing yourself again. You cannot project YOUR problem on me or anybody else.
I'm mostly talking to people who Don't pretend to be dumb and actually want to have a conversation. That being the case, I understand your confusion.. See above.
No, you are preaching.
as I said above, CO2 is not particularly dangerous, however, there are other dangerous aspects to CO2
Paradox. Irrational.
at least for people who don't ignore the first law of thermodynamics That says energy can't be destroyed.
No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You cannot create energy out of nothing.
Mercury exist naturally also,
So? Mercury is not carbon.
So.... I didn't say Coal was a pollutant.
Yes you did. Don't try to deny your own posts!
burning coal also produces other gases that are dangerous to humans.
Burning coal produces CO2. CO2 is absolutely essential for life to exist on Earth. CO2 is not a pollutant. It is a naturally occurring gas.

You still have not defined any kind of 'pollutant' and why it is a 'pollutant'.

Then you won't enjoy talking to Into the Night. That's all they do.

I will. I have my doctorate in this chemistry. It is a witch's brew of toxic stuff.
When burned, it releases nasty stuff. Being absolutely literal is one of the games he plays.

When in Rome, right?

Last edited:
Paradox. Irrational.
Nope. People who aren't ESL will understand that CO2 may not be a dangerous pollutant, but is likely contributing climate change.
No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You cannot create energy out of nothing.
You can't make energy disappear.
So? Mercury is not carbon.
Nope, but it occurs naturally. Occuring naturally was one of your reasons that CO2 is not dangerous.
Yes you did. Don't try to deny your own posts!
I'm not. You just struggle with reading comprehension.
Burning coal produces CO2. CO2 is absolutely essential for life to exist on Earth. CO2 is not a pollutant. It is a naturally occurring gas.
It also produces ammonia and other dangerous gasses.
You still have not defined any kind of 'pollutant' and why it is a 'pollutant'.
Right. You're welcome to play dumb. I don't need to play along.

Nope. People who aren't ESL will understand that CO2 may not be a dangerous pollutant, but is likely contributing climate change.
Climate cannot change.
You can't make energy disappear.
Climate is not energy. Neither is CO2.
Nope, but it occurs naturally.
So?
Occuring naturally was one of your reasons that CO2 is not dangerous. I'm not. You just struggle with reading comprehension. It also produces ammonia and other dangerous gasses. Right. You're welcome to play dumb. I don't need to play along.
Neither carbon nor carbon dioxide is ammonia. Now you are just denying chemistry.

Define what 'dangerous gas' comes from burning carbon?

Climate cannot change.

Ah, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Clearly you've never learned any geology.

CO: from incomplete combustion of carbon is a poison.

CO2: from complete combustion of carbon is pretty innocuous unless you burn gigatons a year and load up the atmosphere with excess at which point it becomes a significant forcing for climate change.

T
Climate cannot change.
your opinion is acknowledged... Again.
Climate is not energy. Neither is CO2.
Correct. Luckily, neither of us has said anything to the contrary.
So you insinuated If something occurs naturally, it is safe.
Neither carbon nor carbon dioxide is ammonia. Now you are just denying chemistry.
Correct. My big toes are also not my ears. I'm glad we got that figured out.
sulfur dioxide.

Back