"You Can't Eat GDP"

"You Can't Eat GDP": Reminder That Most Workers Are Struggling as Trump and Corporate Media Tout Economic Growth

"Any administration would tout a strong GDP report like today's, but if it's not reaching workers' paychecks, which it isn't, then cease the applause."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2...are-struggling-trump-and-corporate-media-tout

001372acd0b50ddf0bd204.jpg

Its clear you can't eat GDP......but you can use it as an excuse to implement Clowd and Piven. The Obama Administration remains the only Administration in US HISTORY that never witnessed a GDP growth of at least 3%.....Obama's average over an 8 year period was 1.8-1.9%. The result of a weak and anemic economy? Obama Spent/wasted more credit (almost 8 trillion over 8 years) than all the US presidents of history COMBINED. Obama's administration witnessed 95 Million citizens removed from the WORK FORCE. Obama spent 668 billion (on credit) on welfare....and increase of over 41%. The adjusted average medium income? Static.....or less over an 8 year period. No adjustments for inflation. Home ownership DOWN. Race relations? The worst since the 1960s. Healthcare costs more than before Obama gave us the unaffordable care act. :laugh:

Are you really that ignorant as to think the income of each class has nothing to do with the "median income"?

I strongly suggest you get over your usual bull shit, and try to learn for a change. Then too, you seem to be fixated on fantasy mental conditions.
You can burn out a keyboard trying to make him understand the data that he has no business referencing. Some people need pictures, and even then they don't understand what they're looking at.

And have cable packages with crap I don't buy even though I could afford it.

Yep. I cut the cord (satellite) a couple of years ago, and couldn't be happier. I now have Netflix, and Netflix DVD for around twenty bucks a month. I was paying a hundred bucks a month for the bare bones Directv package.

After perusing this thread it seems some folks do not think they are making enough. There are 24 hours in a day, all manner of jobs that need to be filled 24 hours a day. Get to work.

Its clear you can't eat GDP......but you can use it as an excuse to implement Clowd and Piven. The Obama Administration remains the only Administration in US HISTORY that never witnessed a GDP growth of at least 3%.....Obama's average over an 8 year period was 1.8-1.9%. The result of a weak and anemic economy? Obama Spent/wasted more credit (almost 8 trillion over 8 years) than all the US presidents of history COMBINED. Obama's administration witnessed 95 Million citizens removed from the WORK FORCE. Obama spent 668 billion (on credit) on welfare....and increase of over 41%. The adjusted average medium income? Static.....or less over an 8 year period. No adjustments for inflation. Home ownership DOWN. Race relations? The worst since the 1960s. Healthcare costs more than before Obama gave us the unaffordable care act. :laugh:

You need to sell that bull shit to some GOP shit eater commonly called a Trumpette. So many lies one does not even know where to start at.

After perusing this thread it seems some folks do not think they are making enough. There are 24 hours in a day, all manner of jobs that need to be filled 24 hours a day. Get to work.

That's oversimplifying, Sailor.

Capitalism rocks. I'm a big supporter. But it has a flaw, and unless we figure it out, it's likely to be a fatal flaw. The growing gap between the rich & middle class just continues unabated. Most hard-working people see their wages stagnate while the other costs in their lives - energy, healthcare, education, et al. - keep increasing at a pace that leaves their income in the dust.

Meanwhile, the rich do indeed get richer, and get more political power as a result to maintain the status quo.

This should not be acceptable, and the solution shouldn't be to tell the working poor & middle class to just work harder and more hours.

Clearly you don't understand a stock boy is just as important to a company as the CEO. At least that is liberal thinking on pay.

No, it is not. we have noticed that all the profits, the biggest of all time went to the top. Used to be if a company did well, the employees did too. No more. Now it is ,grab it all and look for a cheaper replacement for your wokers. Loyalty is melting away in business. That goes both ways.

I know no one who thinks the stockboy should make the same a top execs. You don't either. You are making shit up. But the money is made by those who make the product, provide the services and even stock the shelves. When workers go on strike, you can see how much money is being made. Zero.

Wonder what our GDP would be if we didn't spend a trillion on the military every year? Russia just upped theirs to 10 percent of ours. We spend as much as the next 10 top spending countries. We should stop it. We have proven,if you build it, you will use it. Lets spend the money on the American people.

Back