I Accuse!

I don't remember but I believe Cultsmasher is perma-banned and every time we sniff him out he gets banned again for being Cultsmasher... it isn't difficult, he always comes back with the same tired debunked arguments that ignore evidence.

Well then make it so, #1.

How is you spitting in a Black man's face, self defense; you racist.

he was doing a drug deal in my hood and I called him out so he tried to scare me by getting in my face and tried to spit in my face

I was too quick

So I spit in his and didn't miss

you would have shit your pants and begged for your life

he was like 6'3" and like 300 LBS

The rule doesn't ban any mention of pedophilia, it bans accusing other posters or their kids, etc.

Basically, had it mentioned Poster1's kids being molested by Limbaugh then it would be 12b.

If the rule was about any mention of pedophilia EVER, Legion would definitely be gone due to his fondness for threads reporting the misdeeds of teachers and students, priests and kids, etc.

he was doing a drug deal in my hood and I called him out so he tried to scare me by getting in my face and tried to spit in my face

I was too quick

Here is what I have learned about Righty on the internet.
You can explain yourself until you are blue in the face.
Doesn't matter. They will continue to libel you, twist the facts, and misrepresent what happened to you. They do not care about your side of the story. Truth and facts to Righty are basically like sunlight to a Vampire.

I need to make sure first. I like to be careful when banning people. It sucks to have to apologize if you ban then have to bring them back.

Eeks... yeah. No one wants to eat crow. Well, unless you're a bear or vulture or something.

I know you're all about free speech, as are most of us here. That being said, I have referred several (like a dozen or so) ppl here, only to have them decline after lurking and reading the posts. The racism in particular is off-putting. BTW, of the roughly dozen folks I pointed this way, at least three of them are conservatives or at least tend to mostly vote (R).

Is there no way to curb the hate speech while still maintaining a free forum, to attract and keep new members?

I was too quick

And then you changed your story, at least 3 times; because you never said a word about "him trying to spit in your face", until the third revision.

Therefore it appears that you were just trying to justify your racism.

If the rule was about any mention of pedophilia EVER, Legion would definitely be gone due to his fondness for threads reporting the misdeeds of teachers and students, priests and kids, etc.

But it's not and if the revelation of personal information was about anything else, you would be gone.

Here is what I have learned about Righty on the internet.
Doesn't matter. They will continue to libel you, twist the facts, and misrepresent what happened to you. They do not care about your side of the story. Truth and facts to Righty are basically like sunlight to a Vampire.

Here is what I have learned about liberal snowflakes on the internet.
Doesn't matter. They will continue to libel you, twist the facts, and misrepresent what happened to you. They do not care about your side of the story. Truth and facts to liberal snowdlakes are basically like sunlight to a Vampire.

Eeks... yeah. No one wants to eat crow. Well, unless you're a bear or vulture or something.

I know you're all about free speech, as are most of us here. That being said, I have referred several (like a dozen or so) ppl here, only to have them decline after lurking and reading the posts. The racism in particular is off-putting. BTW, of the roughly dozen folks I pointed this way, at least three of them are conservatives or at least tend to mostly vote (R).

Is there no way to curb the hate speech while still maintaining a free forum, to attract and keep new members?

There's always a running battle in my mind about it. I don't like racism. I find it viscerally repulsive. However what rule allows freedom and bans ideas I don't like at the same time? I did make direct rules about posting to constantly draw the hate, using wording specifically designed to create a reaction (like the n-word, k-word for Jewish folk, etc.) But I haven't found a way to really balance it and keep the free speech central to my core beliefs.

He insinuated that Jews suck the penis of little boys.

Which is still not accusing a poster of pedophilia. I realize it is racism and takes a Bris for old-school Orthodox Jews so far out of context it is laughable, but it isn't a violation of 12b.

There's always a running battle in my mind about it. I don't like racism. I find it viscerally repulsive. However what rule allows freedom and bans ideas I don't like at the same time? I did make direct rules about posting to constantly draw the hate, using wording specifically designed to create a reaction (like the n-word, k-word for Jewish folk, etc.) But I haven't found a way to really balance it and keep the free speech central to my core beliefs.

Then you run into the problem of people using words like "red neck / cracker / etc" - which other people find offensive.

Which is still not accusing a poster of pedophilia. I realize it is racism and takes a Bris for old-school Orthodox Jews so far out of context it is laughable, but it isn't a violation of 12b.

I agree / It was an explanation of what he said.

Then you run into the problem of people using words like "red neck / cracker / etc" - which other people find offensive.

There is no context in which cracker causes the same visceral reaction as calling a black man/woman an n-word, or calling them "apes", etc. There is no reality in which redneck or cracka is going to cause that same reaction. Though if every post was cracker this, etc. you would likely find a rule 14 coming your way in time.

There is no context in which cracker causes the same visceral reaction as calling a black man/woman an n-word, or calling them "apes", etc. There is no reality in which redneck or cracka is going to cause that same reaction. Though if every post was cracker this, etc. you would likely find a rule 14 coming your way in time.

But it is still offensive and has nothing to do with any "reaction".

But go to some where down South, walk into a bar, call everyone in there a red neck or cracker, and see what reaction might be forthcoming.

But it is still offensive and has nothing to do with any "reaction".

But go to some where down South, walk into a bar, call everyone in there a red neck or cracker, and see what reaction might be forthcoming.

Rule 14 is all about the reaction. It gives me the ability to eventually ban somebody that posts continual threads about the glories of holocaust denial for instance.

Rule 14 is all about the reaction. It gives me the ability to eventually ban somebody that posts continual threads about the glories of holocaust denial for instance.

I'm not disagreeing, when it comes to this.

I was pointing out that another person's drink, may just be another person's poison.

Back