Jesus Christ as God and the Trinity Was Not Invented Until the Fourth Century?

lol.....guano is jack's spokesman and he's worried about MY falsehoods.....

You believe in a 'Man-God'. And Magic. Even Thomas Jefferson didn't believe all that crap.

"The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, commonly referred to as the Jefferson Bible, refers to one of two religious works constructed by Thomas Jefferson. The first, The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, was completed in 1804, but no copies exist today.[1] The second, The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, was completed in 1820 by cutting and pasting with a razor and glue numerous sections from the New Testament as extractions of the doctrine of Jesus. Jefferson's condensed composition is especially notable for its exclusion of all miracles by Jesus and most mentions of the supernatural, including sections of the four gospels that contain the Resurrection and most other miracles, and passages that portray Jesus as divine.[2][3][4][5]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

This used to be passed out to new Congressmen a 100 years ago. It views Jesus as a 'Philosopher'. Not some 'Magical Being' as you view him.

You believe in a 'Man-God'. And Magic. Even Thomas Jefferson didn't believe all that crap.

"The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, commonly referred to as the Jefferson Bible, refers to one of two religious works constructed by Thomas Jefferson. The first, The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, was completed in 1804, but no copies exist today.[1] The second, The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, was completed in 1820 by cutting and pasting with a razor and glue numerous sections from the New Testament as extractions of the doctrine of Jesus. Jefferson's condensed composition is especially notable for its exclusion of all miracles by Jesus and most mentions of the supernatural, including sections of the four gospels that contain the Resurrection and most other miracles, and passages that portray Jesus as divine.[2][3][4][5]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

This used to be passed out to new Congressmen a 100 years ago. It views Jesus as a 'Philosopher'. Not some 'Magical Being' as you view him.

It's also irrelevant, because Jefferson took the excerpts from a text that does portray Jesus as divine, and as a worker of miracles. It wouldn't make sense for someone to praise His philosophy if the gospel accounts are mere nonsense.

It's also irrelevant, because Jefferson took the excerpts from a text that does portray Jesus as divine, and as a worker of miracles. It wouldn't make sense for someone to praise His philosophy if the gospel accounts are mere nonsense.

That is EXACTLY what Jefferson is doing. He is stripping away ALL the 'magical' stuff and just presenting Jesus as a man, a Philosopher. It's EASY to see the Bible as a philosophical view of the world, how one man views humanity and how humanity should live. No one needs "He can walk on water!" to contemplate what Jesus is promoting. It's like supporters of Kim Jong-Un believe Kim hit 3 hole-in-ones on his first attempt at Golf.
I look at 'Christianity' as a slave religion. "Turn the other cheek", I don't subscribe to that. "The Last shall be First", another lie to force subjugation. "Give Caesar what is Caesar's", another quip to enforce compliance. It has interesting concepts, the Good Samaritan helping a stranger, I like that. Looking at it from a 'philosophical' view is the sane way to view the Bible. Viewing it as a 'historical' document as far as the events and the culture of that time and place is worthy. All the 'magical' parts, ... that's just laughable, especially here in the 21st century.
The Jefferson Bible ends when Jesus dies. There's no "And Jesus floated off into the sky like a hydrogen ballon on a calm day" part at the end.

Just my opinion. I support groups like the Amish to live in THEIR world, THEIR Reality. I have no problem with religious cultists like Grugore and PMP living in Society, ... as long as they don't interfere with the rest of the NORMAL people. Oh, ... this also includes 'guno', who would try and deny me my 'bacon and eggs' in the morning!

EVERYONE:

We do not know if any gods exist. We do not know if there are no gods. We do not know if someone named Jesus who inspired the stories told in the New Testament existed.

We can only guess...and for the most part...the guesses we are making are based on the guesses of others and are, essentially, blind guesses.

Wouldn't it make the issue at hand a more logical and sensible one if everyone who makes those guesses...preceded what they had to say with the words, "It is my blind guess that....?"

That is EXACTLY what Jefferson is doing. He is stripping away ALL the 'magical' stuff and just presenting Jesus as a man, a Philosopher. It's EASY to see the Bible as a philosophical view of the world, how one man views humanity and how humanity should live. No one needs "He can walk on water!" to contemplate what Jesus is promoting. It's like supporters of Kim Jong-Un believe Kim hit 3 hole-in-ones on his first attempt at Golf.
I look at 'Christianity' as a slave religion. "Turn the other cheek", I don't subscribe to that. "The Last shall be First", another lie to force subjugation. "Give Caesar what is Caesar's", another quip to enforce compliance. It has interesting concepts, the Good Samaritan helping a stranger, I like that. Looking at it from a 'philosophical' view is the sane way to view the Bible. Viewing it as a 'historical' document as far as the events and the culture of that time and place is worthy. All the 'magical' parts, ... that's just laughable, especially here in the 21st century.
The Jefferson Bible ends when Jesus dies. There's no "And Jesus floated off into the sky like a hydrogen ballon on a calm day" part at the end.

Just my opinion. I support groups like the Amish to live in THEIR world, THEIR Reality. I have no problem with religious cultists like Grugore and PMP living in Society, ... as long as they don't interfere with the rest of the NORMAL people. Oh, ... this also includes 'guno', who would try and deny me my 'bacon and eggs' in the morning!

Yeah, it still doesn't make sense to accept philosophy from a source that is specifically intending to teach theology (what it calls the way and the truth) and not a secular, philosophical view of the world.

Oh, c'mon Frank. Some people 'know' God exists and others 'know' he doesn't. Why do you want to bring common sense to these people???

when did I say you couldn't gobble pork?

Yeah, it still doesn't make sense to accept philosophy from a source that is specifically intending to teach theology (what it calls the way and the truth) and not a secular, philosophical view of the world.

The Jefferson Bible is NOT theological. TJ took a lot of time and effort to hand cut EVERY reference to 'the occult' out of the Bible and just present Jesus as a Philosopher. No one has to 'accept' what Jesus said, you don't have to accept what Karl Marx or Epicurus said. It's just a philosophy from another person.

Since I do not "interfere" with you, why do you consider me abnormal?

Just wondering what you consider "NORMAL people."

Most people DON'T really believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny. But they are fun and interesting vestiges from our common Past. Like Europe, Russia, China and the rest of the Developed World, religion is tolerated as remnants of our shared history.

The Jefferson Bible is NOT theological. TJ took a lot of time and effort to hand cut EVERY reference to 'the occult' out of the Bible and just present Jesus as a Philosopher. No one has to 'accept' what Jesus said, you don't have to accept what Karl Marx or Epicurus said. It's just a philosophy from another person.

Yeah, I was referring to Jefferson.

Most people DON'T really believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny. But they are fun and interesting vestiges from our common Past. Like Europe, Russia, China and the rest of the Developed World, religion is tolerated as remnants of our shared history.

Well, Russia and China got overrun by Marxists, which is why religion suffered in those places.

Well, Russia and China got overrun by Marxists, which is why religion suffered in those places.

So we can agree that when South America got 'run over' with the Spanish and Portuguese that's when religion was promoted. ... by the Caliph in Rome.

Not much of a clarification, but oh well...

Back