AP FACT CHECK: Trump falsely claims historic turnaround

signalmankenneth

Verified User
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump falsely claimed he's pulled off "an economic turnaround of historic proportions." Fibbing again?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-check-trump-falsely-044729698.html

a83909ee1d84e045a00bb4efacd52992.jpg

Pretty sure Obama turned the economy around back in 2009.

It has been improving ever since.

So no, Trump did not turn anything around.

He has made lying so commonplace, this one hardly noticeable.

poor sad PP. Can not follow a thread. Drop a drive-by stupid statement and flee. Really flesh out discussions, don't you?

[FONT=&]WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump falsely claimed he's pulled off "an economic turnaround of historic proportions." Fibbing again?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-check-trump-falsely-044729698.html

[/FONT]
a83909ee1d84e045a00bb4efacd52992.jpg

You can tell he is lying by when his lips are moving.

On another tangent, I am always impressed at how cartoonists are so accurate in drawing Trump in a surprisingly anatomically-correct manner. The fattest, most morbidly obese, most physically disgusting president this great nation has had in modern history. Without the fabricated physical that drug-addled, lying white house physician published, we would likely learn that Trump is closing in on 300 pounds....composed of mostly lard, cholesterol, and fat!

threads like this make it easy to understand why Republicans control the White House, Senate, House of Representatives, Supreme Court and most state governments......

Obama left office with 1.9% GDP, and his economic policies have been completely dismantled. How in the world does he get credit for today's economy? Please be specific and detailed.

Obama left office with 1.9% GDP, and his economic policies have been completely dismantled. How in the world does he get credit for today's economy?
First of all, I didn't say anything about anyone deserving credit for today's economy.

Rather, I said that Obama turned the economy around in 2009.

This can be illustrated with many metrics, but let's use employment as an example:

chartbook-framer_1.2-monthly-change-opt_0.png

That part on the left where the iine is going down, down, down before going up, up, up is where Obama turned the economy around.

The subject of this thread, BTW, is Trump's erroneous claim that he turned the economy around.

In order for something to be 'turned around' it must change direction.

But Trump (unlike Obama) inherited some 70+ months of consecutive job growth from his predecessor.

And if you objectively compare the economy that Obama inherited in 2009 with the economy that he handed off to Trump in 2017 there is no question that the economy improved dramatically under Obama's watch.

The idea that Trump somehow turned around an economy that had been steadily improving for the seven previous years is characteristically absurd.

On a side note, I think Trump knows perfectly well that Obama inherited the worst recession in modern times and that he (Trump) is extraordinarily lucky by comparison.

But he can't stand the idea of ever giving Obama any kind of favorable comparison, so he makes up these ludicrous lies about the terrible mess he inherited, and how he has had to turn things around.

Sad!

Language and words have no meaning whatsoever, it's the Reality America Show.

First of all, I didn't say anything about anyone deserving credit for today's economy.

Rather, I said that Obama turned the economy around in 2009.

This can be illustrated with many metrics, but let's use employment as an example:

chartbook-framer_1.2-monthly-change-opt_0.png

That part on the left where the iine is going down, down, down before going up, up, up is where Obama turned the economy around.

The subject of this thread, BTW, is Trump's erroneous claim that he turned the economy around.

In order for something to be 'turned around' it must change direction.

But Trump (unlike Obama) inherited some 70+ months of consecutive job growth from his predecessor.

And if you objectively compare the economy that Obama inherited in 2009 with the economy that he handed off to Trump in 2017 there is no question that the economy improved dramatically under Obama's watch.

The idea that Trump somehow turned around an economy that had been steadily improving for the seven previous years is characteristically absurd.

On a side note, I think Trump knows perfectly well that Obama inherited the worst recession in modern times and that he (Trump) is extraordinarily lucky by comparison.

But he can't stand the idea of ever giving Obama any kind of favorable comparison, so he makes up these ludicrous lies about the terrible mess he inherited, and how he has had to turn things around.

Sad!

Even W ended up with a higher average annual growth rate than Obama. Leftists are immune to the facts.

The economy was losing close to 800,000 jobs a month when Obama took over.

When Trump took over, the market had tripled, and we were 3 months away from being at full employment.

Pretty easy math.

Back