Thanks
    Thanked 35,768 Times in 27,242 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

http://blog.robertgraham.com/

hes a con

Republicans aren’t that dumb about science

The message of To Kill a Mockingbird is that you won’t understand a person until you walk a mile in their shoes. I’m a non-religious Republican. That means while I agree with things like “evolution”, I’ve walked a mile in shoes of religious people who don’t.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default I don't understand democrats

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    They lost 3 states by 107,000 votes and won the popular by 2.6 million. With demographics changing rapidly in their favor.

Shouldn't Republicans be worried about how they're going to retain those 107,000 votes?
    Obama is your hero, your opinion is moot.

3. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2018.2 For This Awful Post:

Rune (12-07-2016)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hussein Omar View Post
    Hence the OP question. It's not that Ellison hasn't checked the boxes as a congressman---it's a question of why can't they find someone else with less baggage who has similar accomplishments.

Is the democrats bench so thin they have to resort to elevating an antisemite to DNC chair? Or are so locked-in to diversity that it trumps [lol] all other concerns?

Even if it risks alienating other minorities?

prove the baggage you claim asshole fake news shithead

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Unbeknownst to you and the National Review good brother .. he's already bridging gaps between the two.

I Worked with Keith Ellison. Here’s Why Pro-Israel Jews Should Be Cautiously Optimistic.
    http://forward.com/scribe/355120/i-w...be-cautiously/

Haaretz: Anti-Semitic? Disqualifying? Keith Ellison’s Views on Israel Are the Same as Most U.S. Jews
    It would be tragic if a smear campaign espoused by the Jewish community kept Keith Ellison from the leadership position Democrats desperately need him to fill.
    http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.757266

Keith Ellison isn’t an anti-Semite. He’s the victim of a vicious smear.
    Perpetuating malicious attacks against Ellison is tantamount to collaborating with Trump.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...=.b07ff008c12f

Jewish Telegraphic Agency: Keith Ellison’s ascent signals the Democrats’ willingness to redefine ‘pro-Israel’

"“We spoke with leadership in the Jewish community in Minnesota who confirmed what ADL and other national organizations have seen: that Keith Ellison is a man of good character,” he said in an email to JTA. “We have seen him through his work in Congress as an important ally in the fight against anti-Semitism and for civil rights.

“He has been on the record in support of Israel and supports a two-state solution,” Greenblatt said. “However, the congressman also has made statements and taken positions, especially regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and on the [Iran nuclear deal], on which we strongly differ and that concern us.”

---

Steve Rabinowitz, a strategist for the Hillary Clinton campaign who successfully pushed back the effort by Ellison, West and James Zogby, the president of the Arab American Institute, to change the platform language, said Ellison, even though he lost the battle, was key to getting the broader platform committee to accept other language friendly to Israel.

Schumer, in endorsing Ellison, credited “Ellison with making that happen and getting others to support it,” Rabinowitz noted.

Rabbi Marc Schneier, whose group, the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding, has worked with Ellison to advance Muslim-Jewish understanding, said Ellison’s differences with mainstream pro-Israel groups should not blind the groups to the value he brings as a youthful African-American Muslim who speaks out for engagement with Israel.

“He is a Muslim, and the fact he has sympathy for the Palestinian cause — that would be a normal reaction on any American Muslim,” he said. “But this is also an American Muslim leader committed to a two-state solution.”
    http://www.jta.org/2016/11/22/news-o...ine-pro-israel

THIS is exactly what I'm talking about.

One can always find those who look for any and everything to divide.

you right wing fucks just keep lying

fuck you and your fake news

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hence the OP question. It's not that Ellison hasn't checked the boxes as a congressman---it's a question of why can't they find someone else with less baggage who has similar accomplishments.

Is the democrats bench so thin they have to resort to elevating an antisemite to DNC chair? Or are so locked-in to diversity that it trumps [lol] all other concerns?

I'm not a democrat so it's not my decision to make but the name of the game in politics is power and power is achieved by winning. I personally don't see Ellison being a benefit to Democrats in this regard but maybe they know something I don't

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    http://blog.robertgraham.com/

hes a con

Republicans aren’t that dumb about science

The message of To Kill a Mockingbird is that you won’t understand a person until you walk a mile in their shoes. I’m a non-religious Republican. That means while I agree with things like “evolution”, I’ve walked a mile in shoes of religious people who don’t.
    your EXPERT is a hack fucktards

8. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

blackascoal (12-07-2016)

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    beats me..I'm a centrist and have no interest in the Dems with their high taxes, globalist agenda, identity politics (which are boorish) -
    and inability to use Constitutional law to govern ( both Obama and Clinton with their executive orders/promises to use them).

Pelosi is the face of a dying idea - extreme slavishness to Big Money politics,and intrusive federal over-reach..
    At least Bernie offers a new path without globalism

I don't know much about him; I'm good with not being an "ATM for Israel" - but on the other hand I think the Iron Dome
    was a very good investment.
    Israel needs to reform/free Gaza, but the Palestinians need to get rid of Hamas too.
    Israel needs lots of reform within its own house before it can demand reform of others.

The good news is that thought is supported by a great many American Jews AND a great many Jews within Israel itself.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

The bolded is just epic hypocrisy from you, after all of your posts re: the left falsely accusing people of racism.

Par for the course.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

blackascoal (12-07-2016), Rune (12-07-2016)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Israel needs lots of reform within its own house before it can demand reform of others.

The good news is that thought is supported by a great many American Jews AND a great many Jews within Israel itself.
    I've always used the analogy Israel " has a tiger by the tail" ( can't hold on/can't let go) regarding Gaza.
    Gaza has been rightfully called the "world's largest outdoor prison" -and it's disgusting how Israel holds that territory.

The problem is whom does Israel turn control over it to? Hamas ? no way. Egypt doesn't want to deal with it either.
    I have no good answers.

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wonder if Darth LOL will be coming back to this thread.
    What a Slapfest.
    Ignorant rightard
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    In it, he says he wants the “U.S. to be friends with Israel” but adds: “We can't allow another country to treat us like we're their ATM.”

this is from ellison. How is this different from trump saying we can be friends with other countries but they have to pay their share as well?
    I guess 50 billionin free dollars is a drop in a bucket huh fucktard?
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    I wonder if Darth LOL will be coming back to this thread.
    What a Slapfest.
    Ignorant rightard
    Darth is right here.

Do you or anyone else deny Ellisons association with Farrakhan and/or The Nation of Islam?

Does he get a pass because he's a democrat?

And still, no one has answered the obvious question of 'why Ellison?' What's wrong with a baggage-less Joe Manchin, for example?

Is he too white lol?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Ellison is an anti-Semite, he's not going to bridge the Muslim-Jewish divide.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...slamic-radical
    Really?
    A Muslim anti-semite?
    Try again.

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    beats me..I'm a centrist and have no interest in the Dems with their high taxes, globalist agenda, identity politics (which are boorish) -
    and inability to use Constitutional law to govern ( both Obama and Clinton with their executive orders/promises to use them).

Pelosi is the face of a dying idea - extreme slavishness to Big Money politics,and intrusive federal over-reach..
    At least Bernie offers a new path without globalism

I don't know much about him; I'm good with not being an "ATM for Israel" - but on the other hand I think the Iron Dome
    was a very good investment.
    Israel needs to reform/free Gaza, but the Palestinians need to get rid of Hamas too.
    LMFAO@I'm a centrist.
    No moron your comments are not centrist.

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Shit for brains; a muslim is not an anti-semite