Thread: Tests only identify Zimmerman's DNA on handgun

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ekg View Post
    I don't know what angle would allow you to grab the gun near the trigger or barrel..here is Z's gun and holster.

these are not the the exact holsters, they're just being used to give you an idea of how this kind of inside the pant,waistband holster works.

grabbing anything other than the grip would be almost impossible..

all of which is moot because I don't think Z ever said TM actually had a hold of the gun, did he?

the problem I have is how he said he stopped TM's arm from going down his side towards the gun, by squeezing it (TM's arm/hand) between the inside of his(Z's) upper arm (slightly lower than his armpit) and the side of his chest..and then at the same time, reached with his elbow and wrist towards his back,drew the gun and fired... put a book under your arm(an arm/wrist brace would be awesome too), a little lower than your pit and hold it there, tightly, because you don't want to let it slip.... now try and reach back towards your backpocket/hip area past the midline of your body) and pull out something without letting the pressure up on the book.... it's pretty impossible..

but what we also know..

none of Zimmerman’s blood on Trayvon’s sleeves or cuffs. ( a tiny amount was found on TM on the bottom of his shirt)

Zimmerman’s DNA was not found under Trayvon’s fingernails..

other than the gunshot, TM had a 1/4 in by 1/8 in scratch on his ring finger (may have been different finger, just going on memory on that one..but could be confusing it with OJ.. HAHAHA)

I still think Z thought he was billy-badass and shot first... he said after shooting TM he got atop of him and pulled his arms out to his side because he wanted to restrain him, but per the 1st officer on the scene,TM was found face down with his hand/arms under him..

why didn't TM fall atop Z when he was shot since he was found 'face down'.. you'd think the impact would have thrown him back but that's not what Z said happened. he said TM just sat up straight while still straddling him.. How did Z get out from under him and TM fall facedown?

also, he admits to 'reaching for his cell phone' when TM came up and asked "You have a problem?".. and then TM attacking him.. isn't it possible TM thought that Z was reaching for a gun instead.. ironically, Z did have a gun on him.. and we only have his word that that's what he was reaching for..why is it impossible that TM also feared for his life, but didn't have a gun to pull and could only use his fists and surprise as his weapon?

there's too many questions and the only one to give the answers has a reason to 'taint' his version of events... I'd like to hope the trial will answer everything.. but knowing how trials work, I don't think that'll happen..
    While I appreciate your detail, I think you should actually try to grab the gun. A person on top of someone that had the gun in such a holster is not going to have very good control if they attempt to grab the grip of the gun. If you were to grab that, your thumb would be on the inside of the pant and your hand would naturally slide in the crux between the grip and barrel... most of your hand will end up on the barrel as the gun is removed. If it is not removed, the rest of the hand would remain on the pant leg.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by \\((|))// View Post
    So it's not possible that Zimmerman tells different versions of his story to different people at different times?
    Or they go on TV and lie about what they thought he said. They embellish for him, they lie for him, like his wife did?

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,667 Times in 7,364 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I don't see how that doesn't fit in with Zimmerman's story. Nothing there says that Trayvon ever touched the gun.

Christie quotes Zimmerman's BFF who recounted the story Zimmerman told him over and over...

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    “For a brief moment I had control of the wrist, but I knew when he felt the sidearm at my waist with his leg. He took his hand that was covering my nose and went for the gun, saying, “You’re gonna die now, motherf-----.’ Somehow, I broke his grip on the gun where the guy grabbed it between the rear sight and the hammer.

I don't expect you to acknowledge Zimmerman's own words, but there they are...

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Again Zappa, you are making assumptions that Zimmerman said that Martin did everything at once. You are reading into the comments. My point about one hand over the face was to show you that even if Zimmerman did mean as you stated, it is indeed possible to do all at once. I know you are not intelligent enough to grasp this. Added to the fact that you will not accept anything that might poke holes in your ignorant positions and there is really no point in further conversation on this with you.

Once again we see that assumptions are acceptable to SF...as long as they are HIS assumptions.

Anyone else must stick to proven fact.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zappasguitar For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-21-2012)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GRIND View Post
    I dont know, he's always sounded pretty consistent to me. You simply make up bullshit he never said and then pretend it's another one of his stories. Zimmerman NEVER has said that trayvon grabbed his gun. I have asked for people to show me this, but no one has. He said trayvon went for it, which is entirely different than actually getting it.
    How do you explain GZ's BEST FRIEND saying that George told him Trayvon tried to get the gun? Is the friend making this up to sell books? Some friend.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

7. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-21-2012)

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    The problem is credibility, nd even though hearsay, it is damaging, each different version of the story hurts Zimmermen's credibility which is tantamount to his defense!

I can't believe his "friend" wrote a book! This is very damaging to Zimmerman!
    I saw the guy on Dr. Phil and if you think reading this is damaging, you should have heard him. He didn't do Zimmerman any favors with that book.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

9. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (09-21-2012)

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How do you explain GZ's BEST FRIEND saying that George told him Trayvon tried to get the gun? Is the friend making this up to sell books? Some friend.
    Oh he'll find some excuse to avoid discussing the comments Zimmerman made to his friend and detailed in the book written by the aforementioned BFF.

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    The problem is credibility, nd even though hearsay, it is damaging, each different version of the story hurts Zimmermen's credibility which is tantamount to his defense!

I can't believe his "friend" wrote a book! This is very damaging to Zimmerman!
    Again, how? There is nothing at all in his story about Trayvon grabbing the gun or touching it. Seriously, do you even read the article? It states that Trayvon was pounding his head on the ground and smothering him (two hands), not grabbing the gun. There is nothing that hurts his credibility. Had he said, "He grabbed the gun and we wrestled for it." then it would lead to credibility issues, but he did not. This simply shows that Zimmerman said he was the only one to touch the gun and was right.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by \\((|))// View Post
    Do righties want open season on Black kids?
    Do lefties want open season on Latino guys? Stupid questions deserve equally stupid questions in response, don't you think?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Again, how? There is nothing at all in his story about Trayvon grabbing the gun or touching it. Seriously, do you even read the article? It states that Trayvon was pounding his head on the ground and smothering him (two hands), not grabbing the gun. There is nothing that hurts his credibility. Had he said, "He grabbed the gun and we wrestled for it." then it would lead to credibility issues, but he did not. This simply shows that Zimmerman said he was the only one to touch the gun and was right.
    Damo, I didn't say anything about the gun. There are many aspects of his story he has changed. I went and viewed the Hannity interview, I did a comparison with his story to the police. There are many details that are different. Zimmerman should not have done the Gannity interview, either. The guy has made some bad decisions.

This book is damaging, whether you think so, or not. This guy ho wrote it is no friend of Zimmerman's. He will be called to testify and either he discredits himself or he discredits Zimmerman.

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I saw the guy on Dr. Phil and if you think reading this is damaging, you should have heard him. He didn't do Zimmerman any favors with that book.
    Exactly!

15. #57 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Do lefties want open season on Latino guys? Stupid questions deserve equally stupid questions in response, don't you think?
    Why don't you ask a leftie?

In the meantime, peruse these rightwing opinions:

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t875940/

http://kalki.co/2012/03/28/trayvon-m...t-he-deserved/

http://obamaisaclown.blogspot.co.uk/...served_29.html

http://moveonup.ning.com/profiles/bl...sts-capt-black

http://blackracismandracehatred.blog...-7-whites.html

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's truly unbelievable how willfully ignorant Damo can be when he's cornered.

"Nothing at all in his story..."

Riiiiiiight, except for this little quote: "Somehow, I broke his grip on the gun where the guy grabbed it between the rear sight and the hammer."

That account comes from the book written by Zimmerman's FRIEND, as told to him by Zimmerman himself.

Of course here's where Damo will go off on some tangent or claim it's just hearsay...he'll have some excuse ready to avoid admitting he's wrong.

17. #59 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    It's truly unbelievable how willfully ignorant Damo can be when he's cornered. "Nothing at all in his story..." Riiiiiiight, except for this little quote: "Somehow, I broke his grip on the gun where the guy grabbed it between the rear sight and the hammer." That account comes from the book written by Zimmerman's FRIEND, as told to him by Zimmerman himself. Of course here's where Damo will go off on some tangent or claim it's just hearsay...he'll have some excuse ready to avoid admitting he's wrong.
    Watch for some fancy dancin' from the Dalai Damocles...followed by a declaration of "victory"...

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 272 Times in 246 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lowaicue View Post
    Never did like Facebook anyway!
    He didn't invent Facebook? All these Germans look the same to me.
    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/blog.php?u=237
    If you feel so inclined a comment would be appreciated.

Respect a believers right to believe, but they should damn well repect our right to challenge such utterly illogical notions.