Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does Libby, Montana, get Medicare for All - everyone else stuck with Obamacare

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Why does Libby, Montana, get Medicare for All - everyone else stuck with Obamacare

Because Montana is Max Baucus's home state, that's why.

Rough sailing ahead for health care reform, but it’s not our only option

excerpts

Aside from being known as one of the most prolific producers of lobbyists from among his staffers in the Senate, Baucus is probably best known as one of Obamacare’s prime architects.

Baucus is right to worry that the law may in fact run into extreme turbulence. It is far too complex. It has too many moving and interdependent parts to be smoothly implemented by anybody, no matter how talented or highly motivated, and it is too controversial.

There are a lot of people in and out of Congress — about 50 percent of Americans, according to the latest polls — who do not want to see the law implemented and will find ways to sabotage it. The law itself provides no shortage of opportunities to do so.

---

There are lots more unknowns, but you get the idea. Complexity, not implementation, is the underlying pathology of Obamacare. Congress, not the administration, bears the brunt of the responsibility for that.

Mr. Baucus surely knew about this at the time of the law’s passage. After his own constituents in Libby, Mont., became uninsurable by private insurance due to industrial pollution with carcinogens and were unable to get the courts to hold the polluters responsible, Baucus came to the rescue. He simply tucked a little provision into the massive health reform bill making affected Montanans eligible for — you guessed it — Medicare.

No health insurance exchanges for these hardworking folks. Nothing but the best for Libby. By taking the simple, direct and most efficient route to expanding health-care coverage, Mr. Baucus did the right thing by his constituents. But Baucus made sure that everybody else had to settle for Obamacare.
    http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/1...r-only-option/

Physician Philip Caper of Brooklin is a founding board member of Maine AllCare, a nonpartisan, nonprofit group committed to making health care in Maine universal, accessible and affordable for all.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

I'm Watermark (06-06-2013)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They don’t have to be 65 years old or more. They don’t have to wait until 2014 for the state exchanges. No 10-year rollout – it’s immediate. They don’t have to purchase a plan – this is not a buy-in to Medicare – it’s free. They don’t have to be disabled for two years before they apply. They don’t have to go without care for three years until Medicaid expands. They don’t have to meet income tests. They don’t have to apply for a subsidy. They don’t have to pay a fine for failure to buy insurance. They don’t have to hope that the market will make a plan affordable. They don’t have to hide their pre-existing conditions. They don’t have to find a job that provides coverage.

Baucus inserted a clause in the Affordable Care Act to make special arrangements for them in Medicare, and he didn’t wait for any Congressional Budget Office scoring to do it.

Less than two months after the passage of the health reform bill on March 23, 2010, Nancy Berryhill of the Social Security Administration in Denver joined personally in setting up an office in Libby to sign up these newly eligible people.
    http://www.pnhp.org/news/2011/june/h...dicare-for-all

No complicated schemes, no exchanges, no mandate .. just open the doors and sign people up.

Obama and the democrats could have done this for every American by just removing the words 'over 65.'

What a clusterfuck.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-13-2013), I'm Watermark (06-06-2013)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,547 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 222 Times in 203 Posts

Too bad the conservatives (in both parties) would never have passed "medicare for all". Wish we could have gotten it.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tekkychick For This Post:

Howey (06-06-2013), I'm Watermark (06-06-2013), Steelplate (06-07-2013), Topspin (06-06-2013)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

At least they'll all be dead soon. I'd like to see the Feds go after the company that was responsible for this disaster.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tekkychick View Post
    Too bad the conservatives (in both parties) would never have passed "medicare for all". Wish we could have gotten it.
    Didn't need them.

Democrats could have passed Medicare for All just like they passed the ACA .. by reconciliation.

AND, Medicare is an already existing program, thus, they could have passed it easier than the ACA.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

/MSG/ (06-06-2013), I'm Watermark (06-06-2013)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,191 Times in 3,035 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 909 Times in 824 Posts

BAC, in all of his stupidity, will never realize this. The anti-semite Veterans Today website told him it's all Obama's fault.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howey View Post
    BAC, in all of his stupidity, will never realize this. The anti-semite Veterans Today website told him it's all Obama's fault.
    :0)

Stick a dick in your year you ignorant fuck.

You're much too ignorant to know how this works .. so instead of addressing what I said about reconciliation, here you are moaning at the rock again about some stupid shit that has nothing to do with the issue.

I keep forgetting to lock you out of my threads .. I won't again.

Seek absolution elsewhere.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-13-2013), DamnYankee (06-06-2013), I'm Watermark (06-06-2013), tinfoil (06-13-2013)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,547 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 222 Times in 203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Didn't need them.

Democrats could have passed Medicare for All just like they passed the ACA .. by reconciliation.

AND, Medicare is an already existing program, thus, they could have passed it easier than the ACA.
    There were conservative Dems who didn't want to pass Medicare for all; what with the filibuster rules, it was a nonstarter.

The Democratic party is not a monolithic entity; its members are diverse and often have different opinions.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tekkychick For This Post:

Howey (06-06-2013)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,191 Times in 3,035 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 909 Times in 824 Posts

You're much too ignorant to know how this works .. so instead of addressing what I said about reconciliation, here you are moaning at the rock again about some stupid shit that has nothing to do with the issue.

I don't need absolution. Health care was passed by the Senate without reconciliation.

Because of republican obstructionism, the only way it could get passed in the House with with it. The only way. Obama didn't have the votes.

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Default Why does Libby, Montana, get Medicare for All - everyone else stuck with Obamacare

Yeah, Medicare isn't bankrupting us fast enough. Lets put more people into an unsustainable system. WOOT!

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There were conservative Dems who didn't want to pass Medicare for all; what with the filibuster rules, it was a nonstarter.

The Democratic party is not a monolithic entity; its members are diverse and often have different opinions.
    Respectfully, that doesn't make sense.

First, it's because republicans are in the way. Then, when there are only democrats left at the table, now it's because conservative democrats were in the way. There were democrats conservative and liberal democrats who didn't want the ACA .. but the ACA is what we got.

Additionally, conservative democrats don't come more conservative then Max Baucus .. and what did he do for his constituents?

He got them Medicare for All.

They passed Obamacare by reconciliation, they could have even more easily expanded Medicare ... one of the most popular programs in American history .. infrastructure already in place.

Democrats deserved the beating they took in the last midterms .. and they deserve the one their going to get in the next one.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

tinfoil (06-13-2013)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howey View Post
    I don't need absolution. Health care was passed by the Senate without reconciliation.

Because of republican obstructionism, the only way it could get passed in the House with with it. The only way. Obama didn't have the votes.
    Kiss my ass you fucking Jewish-Nazi-fascist. There isn't one damn difference between you and christian-fundamentalists. You inject your religion into every conversation.

LOOKY, LOOKY EVERYBODY .. I'M JEWISH .. thus I get to tell everyone here what websites they can read and post from .. and if you don't do what I tell you .. then you're an anti-semite. You can critique and talk about your own country, but if you mention Israel, then you're an anti-semite.

:0) I think that I might not lock you out of every thread .. because people should pay close attention to your Nazi-like tactics. Every time you post that ignorant bullshit to me .. I'm going to call it out.

As far as your question .. why not just reach into your ass and pull out the answer. You don't exhibit the intellect to figure it out even if I told you.

By the way .. was that quote from you right?

Did you, Mr. Jewish, call me a 'niggrah?' :0)

Is that you that's interested in how I can post from work? :0)

I own the business bitch.

Wanna play this game .. cool.

20. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

Howey (06-06-2013)

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

/MSG/ (06-07-2013), I'm Watermark (06-06-2013), tinfoil (06-13-2013)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,021 Times in 718 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 72 Times in 62 Posts

Respectfully, that doesn't make sense.

First, it's because republicans are in the way. Then, when there are only democrats left at the table, now it's because conservative democrats were in the way. There were democrats conservative and liberal democrats who didn't want the ACA .. but the ACA is what we got.

Additionally, conservative democrats don't come more conservative then Max Baucus .. and what did he do for his constituents?

He got them Medicare for All.

They passed Obamacare by reconciliation, they could have even more easily expanded Medicare ... one of the most popular programs in American history .. infrastructure already in place.

Democrats deserved the beating they took in the last midterms .. and they deserve the one their going to get in the next one.
    To be perfectly honest, the Democratic Party is conservative.

Do they not consistently act in the interest of the existing private healthcare/insurance industry?
    Do they not run a political party based on contributions from structures running contrary to the interests of the "demos"?
    Do they not support brutal dictators in opposition to popular uprisings?
    Do they not carry out torture and indefinite detention?
    Do they not use taxpayer money to support private industry... which amounts paying businessmen with the money of their employees to steal from these employees?
    Do they speak out against, or enact policy against quality variation in public schools?
    Do they speak out against, or enact policy against racism in the courts?
    Do they not largely support the drug war (or as we call it, the new Jim Crow)?
    Do they not support a state which openly uses large scale racist measures against Arabs?
    Do they speak out against, or enact policy against poverty?
    Do they speak out against, or enact policy against the profit model?
    Do they support a guaranteed minimum income?
    Do they support universal, civil, [and] free... education [on all levels], the state being obliged to provide poor children with food, clothing and school requisites? (G. Plekhanov)
    Did they act out against mass foreclosures, or take steps to support those reclaiming homes?

This party which the liberals cling to is either malicious, or pathetically complacent, or both.

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Captain View Post
    To be perfectly honest, the Democratic Party is conservative.

Do they not consistently act in the interest of the existing private healthcare/insurance industry?
    Do they not run a political party based on contributions from structures running contrary to the interests of the "demos"?
    Do they not support brutal dictators in opposition to popular uprisings?
    Do they not carry out torture and indefinite detention?
    Do they not use taxpayer money to support private industry... which amounts paying businessmen with the money of their employees to steal from these employees?
    Do they speak out against, or enact policy against quality variation in public schools?
    Do they speak out against, or enact policy against racism in the courts?
    Do they not largely support the drug war (or as we call it, the new Jim Crow)?
    Do they not support a state which openly uses large scale racist measures against Arabs?
    Do they speak out against, or enact policy against poverty?
    Do they speak out against, or enact policy against the profit model?
    Do they support a guaranteed minimum income?
    Do they support universal, civil, [and] free... education [on all levels], the state being obliged to provide poor children with food, clothing and school requisites? (G. Plekhanov)
    Did they act out against mass foreclosures, or take steps to support those reclaiming homes?

This party which the liberals cling to is either malicious, or pathetically complacent, or both.
    APPLAUSE

As Obamamaniacs return to conciousness, it should be clear to all Americans that democrats do not represent the liberals, progressives, or the left in any variation.

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

First you seem mad at him and then you give him a gift, by telling him to stick a dick in his year (did you mean ear or rear).
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.