Thread: Former President Bush likens U.S. extremists to foreign terrorists

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,544 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Former President Bush likens U.S. extremists to foreign terrorists

Violent extremists in the U.S. and abroad are "children of the same foul spirit," former President George W. Bush said in his speech commemorating the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks.

We have seen growing evidence that the dangers to our country can come not only across borders, but from violence that gathers within," Bush said.

"At a time when nativism could have stirred hatred and violence against people perceived as outsiders, I saw Americans reaffirm their welcome to immigrants and refugees," Bush said. "That is the nation I know."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ocid=Peregrine
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-11-2021), Phantasmal (09-11-2021), signalmankenneth (09-13-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,925 Times in 13,193 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Yep, extremists like Antifa, BLM, and the like are a threat to the country. Far moreso than the miniscule group of similar thugs on Right are...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Bulletbob (09-16-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Violent extremists in the U.S. and abroad are "children of the same foul spirit," former President George W. Bush said in his speech commemorating the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks.

We have seen growing evidence that the dangers to our country can come not only across borders, but from violence that gathers within," Bush said.

"At a time when nativism could have stirred hatred and violence against people perceived as outsiders, I saw Americans reaffirm their welcome to immigrants and refugees," Bush said. "That is the nation I know."

Managing a lot used as a burial plot from those burning Bush's more perfect 9/11 union of "serve the Pope or die" & Islam "death to the infidels" in rendering 2,977 lives as insignificant as those thieving more than 24 US Constitutions for arson granted standing by this Christian Nation SCOTUS must be a happy day for Christiananality pedophilia's union except the master plan didn't accomplish nuking Temple Mount exterminating Israel.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Yet President Bush lied about Iraq having something to do with 9/11.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,766 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

US Reichnuts have even fewer imagined excuses than foreign terrorists.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-11-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,566 Times in 17,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Far more attacks on America have been done by the white supremacists. The FBI has them as the biggest danger. 1-6 was an example.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (09-11-2021), PoliTalker (09-11-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Far more attacks on America have been done by the white supremacists. The FBI has them as the biggest danger. 1-6 was an example.
    Classic failure of empire. The US sends military around the world supposedly making the world safe.
    Then the real attack comes domestically.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,544 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Yep, extremists like Antifa, BLM, and the like are a threat to the country. Far moreso than the miniscule group of similar thugs on Right are...
    really bloated one

"
    At a time when nativism could have stirred hatred and violence against people perceived as outsiders,
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Former President Bush likens U.S. extremists to foreign terrorists
    well, aren't you?....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    US Reichnuts have even fewer imagined excuses than foreign terrorists.
    Chief Justice Rehnquist's 20 years old imagined fabricated Islam misnomer paired with Christian Nation immaculate drug conceptions to protect & serve those burning Bush's Federal Lynching KKK churchstate of hate fiefdom US Constitution arsonists WW II Mengele "Angel of Death" concentration camp baptize thine eyes by urinations seems to still be law of the land excuse for Christiananality pedophilia as the Reichquest's national religion.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

I love Poe's law!

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Anyone is free to believe this, but believing something doesn't make it true.

I agree that antifa is extreme.

I disagree that BLM is.

BLM is nothing more than the current holders of MLK's dream.

There is nothing extreme about understanding that black lives matter.

All lives matter.

Black lives are lives, so black lives matter.

Pure logic.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

MLK faced a lot of opposition for saying that black people should have just as much right to success as white people.

BLM is facing the same opposition for saying the same thing.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

FBI: The biggest threat to America is from the extreme right. (Sept 17th, 2020)

"The greatest threat we face in the homeland is that posed by lone actors radicalized online who look to attack soft targets with easily accessible weapons. We see this lone actor threat manifested both within domestic violent extremists (DVEs) and homegrown violent extremists (HVEs), two distinct sets of individuals that generally self-radicalize and mobilize to violence on their own. DVEs are individuals who commit violent criminal acts in furtherance of ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as racial bias and anti-government sentiment. HVEs are individuals who have been radicalized primarily in the United States, and who are inspired by, but not receiving individualized direction from, foreign terrorist organizations (FTOs).

Many of these violent extremists, both domestic and international, are motivated and inspired by a mix of ideological, sociopolitical, and personal grievances against their targets, which recently have more and more included large public gatherings, houses of worship, and retail locations. Lone actors, who by definition are not likely to conspire with others regarding their plans, are increasingly choosing these soft, familiar targets for their attacks, limiting law enforcement opportunities for detection and disruption ahead of their action.

DVEs pose a steady and evolving threat of violence and economic harm to the United States. Trends may shift, but the underlying drivers for domestic violent extremism—such as perceptions of government or law enforcement overreach, sociopolitical conditions, racism, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, misogyny, and reactions to legislative actions—remain constant. As stated above, the FBI is most concerned about lone offender attacks, primarily shootings, as they have served as the dominant lethal mode for domestic violent extremist attacks. More deaths were caused by DVEs than international terrorists in recent years. In fact, 2019 was the deadliest year for domestic extremist violence since the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995.

The top threat we face from domestic violent extremists stems from those we identify as racially/ethnically motivated violent extremists (RMVE). RMVEs were the primary source of ideologically motivated lethal incidents and violence in 2018 and 2019 and have been considered the most lethal of all domestic extremists since 2001. Of note, the last three DVE attacks, however, were perpetrated by anti-government violent extremists."

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

FBI Director Christopher Wray, June 10th, 2021:

" "in the last few years the most lethal attacks here in the homeland have been by individuals in that racially motivated extremist category, specifically for advocating for superiority of the white race.” "

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (09-13-2021)